cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failure

deepblueglass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys

I'm trying to activate my daughter's phone but it failed even though the credit card has been charged for 3 month plan that I chose.

I cannot log on to the self serve account with the email that I chose for my daughter's account.

Please help me to solve this issue.

With this message, I'm using my own account instead of my daughter's so please contact me for the email address for my daughter's account.

Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That's great news, thanks for the update 🙂

deepblueglass

Thank you @zhadj030

I also should mention that porting from her Wind mobile went successful.

Chris also reset the billing perioid.

@deepblueglass Good to hear about this. Have a great chrismas and new year. 

Enjoy it

deepblueglass

It is working now!

A mod (Chris) helped me on this.

Thank you!

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That shouldn't cause an issue, it's likely an issue with the activation system. A mod will be able to push it through for you.

deepblueglass

Yes mine is an iPhone as well.

I'm not sure if this is related to the phone because the self serve account doesn't work either.

It seems an account problem.

I used my name as well for my daughter and I'm wondering if that caused a confliction.

It may be the same credit card information.

Hopefull the wait time is shorter right now.

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This same thing happened to me at the beginning when activating my iPhone. I was eventually able to get into the Self Serve where I saw that there was credit there and no features selected. So I manually selected the features and everything started working.

If you're not able to get into Self Serve, the Mods will be the ones that can fix it for you.

I think some iPhone users have issues. 

Is your phone that is working, also an iPhone?

deepblueglass

Yes the phone is unlocked (I bought it from Apple store).

I followed the same procedure as the activation for my phone.

I sent a PM to a mod with all the information.

Thank you.

Dong Hun

Just a stupid question, is the phone fully unlocked?

So in your case, voice, data and text are not working even though you are sure that you picked everything correctly and you have done the same before successfully with your activation?

if so, it may be a system glitch. 

If you have already tag and private message a mod then you will have to patiently wait to resolve your issue as they are extremely busy these days due to the workload. 

deepblueglass

Mana

Yes I used a different email address from the email address that I use for my own account.

Yes I power cycled few times.

I didn't check the APN setting but the voice doesn't work either.

If I tried to call with that phone, the automated message says the plan doesn't include the voice.

(the plan is 3 month 40 dollars plan).

Activating and porting my own phone was very smooth  so I'm quite suprised that it didn't work out for my daughter.

For now I changed back to the wind mobile SIM for my daughter so it is ok but I don't want to keep paying both services.

Thank you.

Hmm interesting. 

The he email that you used for your daughter, has it been used for another PM account?

Have you already tried :

- power cycling the phone

- check if your mobile data is on

- check if the APN is correct in settings?

deepblueglass

Hi Mana

I don't exactly remember the error message.

It just said something like they are sorry that the activation failed (I chose a new phone number not porting).

I checked my credit card transaction and I saw the amout for the plan was charged.

Then I tried to log on to the self serve account but I cannot log on to it.

I tried to reset the passward but it says the email address is invalid.

I tried to re-create an account with the phone number but it says the profile with the phone # already exists.

After few minutes, I received an email says the account is activated.

I thought that it was working now after receiving the email but I still cannot log on to.

My daughter's phone now shows 'public mobile' as the carrier but if I tried to use that phone, both voice and data don't work (data says the plan is not activated and the voice says the plan doesn't include the voice).

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hi,

sorry about your troubles.

can you please explain where exactly it is failing and what error message you are getting beside the login failure?

thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.