cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation error.

Katrina215
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been waiting on an activation error fix all day... no reply from any mods. My spouse is currently trying to work on open sea without a connection to his colleagues. My fault for saying this is a great company to deal with and I would get it all set for him.

I'm willing to bet after today he will probably just add money on his current pay as you go plan if I dont get a fix by tonight.

PM took my money and I cant log in with my email and it says my sim is invalid trying to reactivate, also I have no idea what the phone number is attached to the sim.This has been not a good experience. @Alan_K had an original post from Aug about fixes and wait times. we are in Nov and there still seems to be issues. I honestly just want an active phone. 😢

15 REPLIES 15

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My partner had the same issue with sending pictures via text msg.

we solved it buy turning on mobile data in the settings

Have a great day Lemew

@Moefun, the @ symbol only "tags" a user that they've been mentioned in the forum, unless they've also turned on notifications to include messages to be emailed to them.  This is not how you contact a Moderator.

To contact the moderator_team, use the envelope in the upper right corner of every forum webpage, and use that interface to contact "Moderator_Team" with private details about your account and issue(s).

Moefun

You have to email the mods directly.

I believe that when you use the @ in front of their names it goes directly to their quene. 

The request is then assigned as a ticket and it is actioned.

Hope this helps

Mine switch didn't really take that maybe 14 hours start to finish because they had some porting to do..

flemingld
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I had the same problem on activation. It took a day to resolve but my phone is working. I am still having trouble texting pics and have gone into the settings like they said. Keep messaging the mods and will help. I had a call from Telus/Public Mobile to confirm everything  was working. 

MdBraz

Anyone get an answer for  this? Having the same issue with the Hubby's phone. 

@Moefun wrote:

Same issue.

Have PM'ed twice. No response.

I know the mods are busy. Hoping to get things back on track soon as this is my work phone.

Cheers

The long reply times from the moderator team, in case anything goes wrong, are the main reason that consensus in the community is that Public Mobile is not the best option if you rely on your phone for business, work, medical reasons etc

@Moefun

Moderator wait times are 2-3 days and potentially longer sometimes.  

If you wanted, you could start your own thread and explain the details of your particular situation and see whether the community members can help out.  Sometimes, we can help while other times, you will need to wait for moderator.  

Moefun

Same issue.

Have PM'ed twice. No response.

I know the mods are busy. Hoping to get things back on track soon as this is my work phone.

Cheers

flemingld

Yes I messaged the team but I still haven't received a confirmation message, no 6 digit code, and I can't sign into self serve. Thanks Lisa 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@flemingld  did you write a message to the mods with your details?  that is the only real way to get support. also it is typiically reccomended to start your own thread, not tag onto some one elses even if they are similar issues.

flemingld

I am having the exact same issues today. Thanks Lisa

Katrina215
Thanks Ashley!!

Katrina215

Thank you for the advice:) hopefully I get a fix before he goes back to work in the morning. I submit my issue at 7 am this morning so keeping my fingers crossed!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@RobertQc thanks for the support!

@Katrina215 I am sorry to hear that you are facing some trouble at this time, but rest assured that your Private Message is being review by a moderator, so you can expect a reply shortly.

Thank you for your patience! 🙂

Regards,

Ashley

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Katrina215

Sorry I know it sucks. 😞 They are really busy but working hard to respond to each inquiry. Support staff is small but that’s why this service is such low cost. Rest assured you WILL be taken care of. Your case might be different however more often than not the community can come up with the solution to issues before moderators respond because they are so flooded with people contacting them with multiple messages about issues that have nothing to do with the service.

For me, the extremely rare time I need a moderator to respond I have to wait but the rest of the time I save a lot of money. I save about $490 a year with public mobile so its worth it.

I have been informed wait times are currently around 24 hours.  No need to send multiple messages unless you forgot to include your identity / pin number for verification then sending a second message (Click to send) will speed it up for you as the first response from them will be "who are you? " or "whats your pin?". 

Need Help? Let's chat.