cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation error, payment processed, can't login, didn't receive email

craftythumbs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I tried to activate a sim card yesterday that I purchased at Walmart. I picked a phone number (don't remember), no porting. I inputed all the info carefully but when it processed my visa debit card, it was loading for a long time and finally gave me an error message. However, the payment has gone through on my bank account. I didn't receive any emails. When I try login in, it gives me an error. When I click forgot my password, it says: Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.

I was able to create an account with same email /password for the community but it's not working for "my account".

I have tried the sim card in the phone and it is asking for a sim card unlock code. I understand my phone is probably locked. I will be calling Virgin to unlock as soon as they open. I'm using an LGG4 phone.

@Please help! My son is leaving for camp on Wednesday and I'm hoping to have his phone activated by then!

Thank you! Smiley Happy

PS: I have sent this message to the moderator and am waiting for a response.

19 REPLIES 19

arandell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
@CS_Agent can correct me but my observation is that you have ~10min to complete the entire activation process including payment processing. If you don't then your session times out and you lose everything you entered, including your login account. I got around this by switching from a phone to a desktop for data entry, copying all the details I needed into a note then cutting and pasting current provider info for # transfer, etc. to speed up data entry. I concluded it's 10 minutes because it says to wait 50 minutes before you can try to activate again with the same SIM #. e.g. Server session timeout of 1 hour less the time it took browser session to timeout = 10 mins.. ?

craftythumbs

Yes! These are the steps I took for the LGG4 phone.

1) activated on new number

2) payment processed but gave error

3) sim card was activated properly but no selfserve account was created

4) no confirmation emails sent

5) setup a selfserve account by entering tel number and receiving pin. (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/)

6) phone worked after entering SIM card unlock code

7) text worked after doing a network reset

😎 data worked after manually inputing proper APN settings / save/ select

What a workout! lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@craftythumbs wrote:

It worked! I got the data working by changing the APN settings. I didn't need to do a factory reset! Yay! I have a happy boy with a working phone, text and data...ready for camp! 

Thanks to all for your input! Very grateful! 🙂

Great! An LG success story. Thanks for the update. Good to know that they don't all need full resets.

craftythumbs

It worked! I got the data working by changing the APN settings. I didn't need to do a factory reset! Yay! I have a happy boy with a working phone, text and data...ready for camp! 

Thanks to all for your input! Very grateful! 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Some games are saved locally and some through Google profiles. 

He could try installing the game on another device while logged in to his Google play. If it syncs then he's is good. If not and a factory reset is needed he should be able to reach that level again in 1/2 the time 

@craftythumbs wrote:

He says it's a game app through google play. He's at level 1417! lol

He says he signed up with his email adress.

When he logs on his computer, he can see his phone files, pictures, and the game folder. However, there's nothing in that folder for him to save.

@craftythumbs Maybe google if there is a way to backup score/level for that specific game with the ability to restore from backup.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@craftythumbs wrote:

When he logs on his computer, he can see his phone files, pictures, and the game folder. However, there's nothing in that folder for him to save.

Does the game require wifi to be able to play? And not just for ads or updates. If so then it's online. The scores are probably on their server in that case. But he should check with them. Maybe he can find a forum for the game and they might know.

mimmo

@craftythumbs  just to confirm what happened for future reference:

1) activated on new number

2) payment processed but gave error

3) sim card was activated properly but no selfserve account was created

4) no confirmation emails sent

5) you were able to setup a selfserve account by entering tel number and receiving pin.

I left out the locked phone issue as it was not really a factor in the activation process. 

craftythumbs

mimmo

Try network reset again then enter the pm  apn settings. 

If that doesn't work then the only solution is the factory reset then adding apn. But network reset plus adding apn usually works. 

This is a known LG phone issue. 

@craftythumbs wrote:

Thank you! It worked! I now have access to the "my account".

The only thing left is to get the data working. It would be nice if there was a way to not reset factory settings...since he's scared of loosing his game levels.

@craftythumbs Double check the apn settings to make sure the correct one is selected.

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

craftythumbs

Thank you! It worked! I now have access to the "my account".

The only thing left is to get the data working. It would be nice if there was a way to not reset factory settings...since he's scared of loosing his game levels.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@craftythumbs 

Yeah unfortunately LG's are notorious for having to do full resets.

Is that game online or only on the device? Maybe his score is being held at the source. Maybe there's a way to save that game data.

@craftythumbs wrote:

Thank you! I was able to unlock the phone by contacting virgin mobile.

Once I entered the sim card, it asked my sim card unlocking code and it managed to get the phone working.

Then, I did a network reset to get the text working.

However, the data isn't working. My son doesn't want to reset the factory settings. He's at level 1000 in a game and doesn't want to risk loosing his levels. lol

I've activated his phone for his 3 week camp...He's currently debating between having 500mb of data or loosing his game levels. Teenager life is hard! lol

I still can't access "my accounts". My email is not recognized.

@craftythumbs Click here to register your selfserve account. If that doesn't work then you need to wait for the moderator to fix it.

craftythumbs

Thank you! I was able to unlock the phone by contacting virgin mobile.

Once I entered the sim card, it asked my sim card unlocking code and it managed to get the phone working.

Then, I did a network reset to get the text working.

However, the data isn't working. My son doesn't want to reset the factory settings. He's at level 1000 in a game and doesn't want to risk loosing his levels. lol

I've activated his phone for his 3 week camp...He's currently debating between having 500mb of data or loosing his game levels. Teenager life is hard! lol

I still can't access "my accounts". My email is not recognized.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@craftythumbs wrote:

Hello, 

I tried to activate a sim card yesterday that I purchased at Walmart. I picked a phone number (don't remember), no porting. I inputed all the info carefully but when it processed my visa debit card, it was loading for a long time and finally gave me an error message. However, the payment has gone through on my bank account.

@craftythumbs That charge you see via your online banking is PM's holding charge issued when you enter your payment info during activation. Holding charges can stay in your account for up to 48 hours and may or may not turn into a charge.

I didn't receive any emails. When I try login in, it gives me an error. When I click forgot my password, it says: Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.

I was able to create an account with same email /password for the community but it's not working for "my account".

SInce the account was not created it suggests that the activation is not complete so it's unlikely that the sim was activated. While waiting for the moderator's response you might want to try the activation again. Try using the browser in privacy/incognito mode. If you get an invalid sim error that means the activation will not be successful.

I have tried the sim card in the phone and it is asking for a sim card unlock code. I understand my phone is probably locked. I will be calling Virgin to unlock as soon as they open. I'm using an LGG4 phone.

Calling Virgin to get the unlock code is recommended at this stage.Hopefully the sim card is activated so that you can get the number but I suspect it won't be.

@Please help! My son is leaving for camp on Wednesday and I'm hoping to have his phone activated by then!

Thank you! Smiley Happy

PS: I have sent this message to the moderator and am waiting for a response.

As others have mentioned best to include the sim number and the email that you used during activation to speed up the process. Moderator response times take up to 48 hours so the activation should be resolved before Wednesday. If your plan includes data look up how to reset network settings for that model phone just in case you have issues with data not working once your plan is activated.

Hope this helps!

mimmo

@craftythumbs  just a FYI the g4 will require a network settings reset and or a full factory reset to get data working.

Also to you message to mods o would include you sim number and any additional details so  they can verify the issue. 

The sim might  work, any way to test it in your phone? 

craftythumbs

I've been trying to contact virgin to unlock it but their system is down for upgrade....

I haven't tryed the 611 yet since I can't get pass the "input SIM card unlock code" screen.

Once I can unlock it, I will try inserting the sim card again and hopefully I can get it going or at least figure out what the phone number is.

Thanks!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@craftythumbs yes get in touch with virgin for the code did you try to phone *611 does it say if your account is active?

Need Help? Let's chat.