cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated card, already pay, still no service.

lurui
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My service from Bell already been cancelled, so I suppose the switch process already done. Why there is no service from publicmobile?  My account looks all good and have paid .  What's the problem?

So frustrated! 

6 REPLIES 6

Slash
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@karthiks wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@karthiks wrote:

How long has it been since you opted to port? 

When I went to activate my service a couple of days ago (at a nearby Walmart), I was told porting is almost instant. A temporary number is assigned at first and then the porting is complete within two-three hours. 

Public Mobile doesn't do temporary numbers. They assign that number to you as soon as you request port.  If you do at same time when activating, there is no other temp number.  And if you do take temp number and port later, it is gone as soon as port request is made.

Thank you for clarifying. I'm surprised why the representative told me so then. 

Have you reolved your service issue? As others have suggested, my guess is that your phone is locked to another provider. This occurred with my dad's phone when he signed up yesterday; he had to call Virgin Mobile to unlock his phone.

karthiks

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@karthiks wrote:

When I went to activate my service a couple of days ago (at a nearby Walmart), I was told porting is almost instant. A temporary number is assigned at first and then the porting is complete within two-three hours. 

Public Mobile doesn't do temporary numbers. They assign that number to you as soon as you request port.  If you do at same time when activating, there is no other temp number.  And if you do take temp number and port later, it is gone as soon as port request is made.

Thank you for clarifying. I'm surprised why the representative told me so then. 

@karthiks wrote:

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@lurui wrote:

My service from Bell already been cancelled, so I suppose the switch process already done. Why there is no service from publicmobile?  My account looks all good and have paid .  What's the problem?

So frustrated! 

Ported or not, you should have outgoing service. Did you cancel the Bell service or did it happen after you made porting request?  All current Bell Mobile phones are compatible at Public Mobile if unlocked.

If you call the number, do you reach a voicemail?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@lurui wrote:

So frustrated! 

Can you call or text? Or nothing? Can you see public mobile on your screen phone or not? If not your phone is probably locked...Did you checked the compatibility with public mobile here too first willmyphonework.net?? 

karthiks

Need Help? Let's chat.