cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended, Autopay is active!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sergio88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account was suspended because not enough funds in my account. I made a payment to solve the issue but Autopay is active on my account. 

Do I have to add money to my account every month ?  With Autopay, I thought payment was automatic on the renewal date.

Credit card is valid because I made a "One Time Payment" of $30. 

Any help would be appreciated,

24 REPLIES 24

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The lost phone trick didn't work for me. My account is still suspended with autopay 

@cmart1977 wrote:

My autopay failed today despite a valid credit card with sufficient funds.  I only found out when I tried to make an outgoing call and got a message saying call can not be completed as you don't have a valid account.  So I logged into my account and it said account expired so I manually made the payment.  Now when I look at my credit card statement it shows that I have been charged the monthly fee 3 times.  I messaged a moderator around 8 hours ago but haven't heard back.  I guess this will be my last month with PM since the autopay system is unrealiable and I need a working phone.

YIKES...that would really suck to pay X 3 and still have no service. Somehow, you must have inadvertantly renewed your plan a couple of times.  Dial 611 to see what the status of your account is. If it says your plan is active, try the lost/stolen trick. Log into My Account / Plan & Add-ons, look for the Lost/Stolen tab and click it. Clcik SUSPEND service then log out. After a moment log back in...repeat that process, only this time RESUME service, then log out and reboot your phone. Let us know if this works or not. Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmart1977 wrote:

My autopay failed today despite a valid credit card with sufficient funds.  I only found out when I tried to make an outgoing call and got a message saying call can not be completed as you don't have a valid account.  So I logged into my account and it said account expired so I manually made the payment.  Now when I look at my credit card statement it shows that I have been charged the monthly fee 3 times.  I messaged a moderator around 8 hours ago but haven't heard back.  I guess this will be my last month with PM since the autopay system is unrealiable and I need a working phone.

@cmart1977 

As already mentioned in your multitude of other posts...the extra payments will be in your account. But you don't seem interrested in interacting with other customers and their replies. So I guess you'll ignore this one too.

cmart1977

csk

I got the exact problem today. Bill due date is supposed to be 12th or 11th. Whatever happened on the system affected multiple customers. I was able to manually pay using same autopay card to activate the account. Now the worst part is my monthly due date was changed to today ( 4 or 5 days service lost unless it was fixed).  I hope this will revert to original date when the problem was solved.

Frenchy11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

today my acccount was suspended but my autopay is active and payments have been coming out but i had to make a payment to reactivate it! it said the cycle needed to be renewed...how long does a cycle last and where do i find that info?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@piprpatr wrote:

I have had the same problem, my payment didn't come out this month. Had to use a voucher, so I'm not about the spend any more than I have for the last few hours, adding a voucher to my phone.

It is now working for making phone calls, no internet and I've lost the bonus $10 off my plan for the 6 month term I agreed upon when I signed up.

I'm not a particularly patient person with this kind of crap.

I will contact whatever private person I can to fix my issues once, otherwise I will leave this so-called provider and community. I'll also ensure that everyone I come in contact with will here about my experience.

I work for a cell phone plan provider and have regularly talked up this service, no more if I can't resolve this issue on or before March 31st, 2019. Again I will provide any customers I have contact with information about my experience.

@piprpatr 

To regain all your services try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

You should have received the $10 just before the renewal that apparently failed.

Contact the @Moderator_Team to make sure it arrives next renewal.

Did anything change with your card or address or name even to cause the transaction to fail?

@piprpatr wrote:

I have had the same problem, my payment didn't come out this month. Had to use a voucher, so I'm not about the spend any more than I have for the last few hours, adding a voucher to my phone.

It is now working for making phone calls, no internet and I've lost the bonus $10 off my plan for the 6 month term I agreed upon when I signed up.

I will contact whatever private person I can to fix my issues once, otherwise I will leave this so-called provider and community. I'll also ensure that everyone I come in contact with will here about my experience.

I work for a cell phone plan provider and have regularly talked up this service, no more if I can't resolve this issue on or before March 31st, 2019. Again I will provide any customers I have contact with information about my experience.

Hi Sorry you are having issues. It is better to start a new topic than posting to a old one. Better visibility that way.

Go to Community, at the bottom choose the best category that represents your situation (Not Knowledge Base), click orange target at top "Start a Topic".
Please include as much information as you can about your situation.

piprpatr

Sergio88

@charles625 wrote:

I too had this issue

I had autopay engaged for a year plus

I recently changed my plan to take advantage of the extra 500mb of data you get with having auto pay on

today my account was suspended

autopay is still on and no issues with my bank

If I manually pay i will not get the extra 500mb with the plan

I have written to moderators for help with this issue

Let us know what the moderators found out about your issue.

charles625

The issue was with me was that my address changed at bank and didn't match my profile on publicmobile....Guess its on me

adely

Yes, my Account has been suspended this afternoon knowing I signed for auto pay 

and yes I have money in my Account.

I have no idea what’s going on

even, when I check the Account, it’s says I have $2 balance.

can someone please explain to me what the hell with this service 

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

Autopay has seemed a little dodgy for some. Works perfectly fine for most (because we only hear the complaints here of course).

Dodgy is an understatement. I have had mine suspended/expired/whatever the heck you want to call it more times than I care to think about, and autopay has been enabled since the day I set my account up over 2 years ago. Sadly when it happens I have to log into selfserve and make a manual payment as my phone has actually been cutoff. Seems to go off like clockwork on the times that the autopay doesn't work as it should, witrh my phone being disconnected at or around 7 AM the day that the payment is due.

Now my wife's plan on the other hand which is set up with autopay on the exact same credit card has worked properly every time since I set up her account.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@charles625 wrote:

@charles625 I'm 99% sure that as long as you leave the AutoPay feature turned on, you can still make a manual top-up in order to resume your services.  For example, as long as you have AutoPay turned on, you continue to get the $2 every 30 days even if you make all your payments manually ahead of time.  It just has to be turned on every time a renewal happens to keep the bonus data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

charles625

I too had this issue

I had autopay engaged for a year plus

I recently changed my plan to take advantage of the extra 500mb of data you get with having auto pay on

today my account was suspended

autopay is still on and no issues with my bank

Sergio88

@jbassil wrote:

@Sergio88 - did you have any more issues with auto pay?

No.

jbassil

@Sergio88 - did you have any more issues with auto pay?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sergio88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sergio88

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know we could suspend our phone.  

I didn't try that, I solved the issue by making a payment. I was probably victim of a glitch or a bug. 

Let see next month if Autopay is working.

Autopay has seemed a little dodgy for some. Works perfectly fine for most (because we only hear the complaints here of course).

Sergio88

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sergio88

See what happens.

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know we could suspend our phone.  

I didn't try that, I solved the issue by making a payment. I was probably victim of a glitch or a bug. 

Let see next month if Autopay is working.

Sergio88

My plan is $7 ($10 minus $2 for autopay minus $1 referral) for 30 days. Today is my renewal date,   the phone stop working.  I checked my account and it was suspended because not enough fund. I made a payment of $30. PM took the money and my phone is now working. 

But I have Autopay. PM should take the money from my credit card and not suspend my account. 

This is only my second month with PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...that's why I use the word "try". And he had said he successfully paid. So...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It is nice to know that the lost/stolen phone feature is still available with account in suspended status.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

When exactly was your acct suspended. Has your plan only just expired ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sergio88

See what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.