cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access voice mail from another device

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I try to access and receive a voicemail from other phone. I see other thread, saying, You would call yourself and then press * when the voicemail starts playing and then you should be prompted to enter your password. But When i call, I see my greeting message, then I press the star, no instruction to ask me to enter the password. do not know why?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@missorange wrote:

I do read the knowledge base, but still not working, I did set up my passward from my own phone. Then When I using other phone calling by following the knowledge base instruction, I press Star key, then a message said to enter your password, then I entered, it saying, to reset your password, pls call by your own phone, then hung up. I might need to text the MOD to ask for the help. 

Might I suggest you press and hold the 1 key on your dialer on your account handset and make sure it all works. I know...it takes minutes...but it should only take a minute or three to make sure it's all working.

missorange

I do read the knowledge base, but still not working, I did set up my passward from my own phone. Then When I using other phone calling by following the knowledge base instruction, I press Star key, then a message said to enter your password, then I entered, it saying, to reset your password, pls call by your own phone, then hung up. I might need to text the MOD to ask for the help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@missorange wrote:

When I dial star key, it request my password, then I remember I did set before, But when I entered, it saying "reset your password, pls call from your own phone"  Then I check the thread, how to reset the voice mail password, it saying go to My profile, click on ‘Reset Voicemail Password’ under My Profile, on the Overview tab. But I could not find "voice password reset tab, only see change password, which I think that is for online password, not voice password. 

Self-serve, Plan & Add-ons, Reset Voicemail Password - Reset Voicemail Password.

I suppose it's possible that it might say something different if it hasn't been set up yet.

I seem to recall that initial voicemail set up has to be done on the handset of the account.

@missorange, that information is in the Knowledge Base article linked in a previous response from @will13am.

missorange

When I dial star key, it request my password, then I remember I did set before, But when I entered, it saying "reset your password, pls call from your own phone"  Then I check the thread, how to reset the voice mail password, it saying go to My profile, click on ‘Reset Voicemail Password’ under My Profile, on the Overview tab. But I could not find "voice password reset tab, only see change password, which I think that is for online password, not voice password. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@missorange, I did exactly as you've written in your original post, pressed the * while the greeting was playing, it asked for my password.

I was able to access the menu options fine, including the ability to change my password.

NOTE : There was an error message when I entered my password and pressed the # - but it took me to the main menu.  Maybe I didn't actually have a password set?

This was done from a landline VoIP system.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@missorange, this knowledge base covers everything about voice mail, including how to access it from another phone. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

missorange

@krazykiwi, Not sure what @Anonymous means. I only set up the greeting message, so you mean i need to go to self serve to set up, where I should go and how. Thx.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@missorange wrote:

I try to access and receive a voicemail from other phone. I see other thread, saying, You would call yourself and then press * when the voicemail starts playing and then you should be prompted to enter your password. But When i call, I see my greeting message, then I press the star, no instruction to ask me to enter the password. do not know why?

As @Anonymous mentioned, have you set it up already?

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Anonymous
Not applicable

@missorange wrote:

I seem to recall an option in there to ask for a password.

Or maybe also to set it up initially in the self-serve.

Need Help? Let's chat.