cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abuser's voice mails (save them on my email or hard disk as leverage )

vnt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am getting abusing voice mails from a harasser

How do I save these voice permanently (on my PC or hard disk or email)

I want to keep this voice messages as proof and to use it in case things go down and I take legal recourse

11 REPLIES 11

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vnt Make sure you recording it soon for the voice message will be deleted after 10 days. 

SQuinless

Hello Vnt,

Sorry to hear about your situation, perhaps I can help you out. First and foremost if you are being harassed by someone that is a serious criminal offence. You must clearly let this individual know that you want them to cease communication with you immediately through any form of communication, i.e. phone, text, letter, and verbal. Furthermore, you have some options to prevent contact from your end by simply blocking the number that the individual is contacting you from. Of course, there are ways for a harasser to get around this by calling from other numbers, or from a blocked number.

If the individual continues to harass you despite informing them to stop communications and by you blocking there number you may want to contact authorities to report this behaviour and allow the authorities to create a file that documents the communication between you and this individual. They may even suggest a court order that states that this individual cannot contact you or come with a certain distance of you. This is something you could consider for your safety depending on the seriousness of the situation.

There is no way for you to personally save the voicemails to your computer. So as mentioned before, recording it yourself would be your best option, but you’d want to make sure that it includes the senders phone number, date, time and content of the message. I would suggest saving some messages on your voicemail. I know that you can only hold three messages with Public Mobile, but having 1 or 2 saved is better than none. That way if you need to submit a voicemail as evidence and the Court doesn’t accept the recording, at least you have some on your phone.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@vnt"I want to keep this voice messages as proof and to use it in case things go down and I take legal recourse"

If someone is making physical threats as you said, then I think you should take it seriously. Record the messages as suggested, any on voice mail record them then contact the police.  Waiting for things to "go down" could be a mistake. I'm not privy to who this is and how close they live to you but don't let them have your power, you take control.  Best wishes

vnt

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vnt wrote:

what about the previous calls that i couldnt record 
i had one in the past 24 hours that can serve as proof

From the knowledgebase:

A maximum of 10 messages may be stored, with a maximum length of 5 minutes each. Voicemail messages will be automatically deleted after 10 days. You can recover them up to 48 hours after deletion.

vnt

Hi

ive had one in the past 24 hours that can serve as proof of foul language & physical threats

vnt

Hi

ive had one in the past 24 hours that can serve as proof of foul language & physical threats

vnt

i had one in the past 24 hours that can serve as proof

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@vntSorry to hear about your problems.. how about just put a recorder next to your phone?

@vnt wrote:

I want to keep this voice messages as proof and to use it in case things go down and I take legal recourse

Play them out loud and record them using the microphone on your computer.  There are also voice call recording apps on smartphones.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vnt wrote:

There's probably a nifty techy way but an easy way would be to use another phone with a voice recorder and then play the message on your phone through the speakerphone and record it with other phone.

Do you know the person?

Need Help? Let's chat.