cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Able to receive pictures but not send

xsfpns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I just bought a new phone (Doogee s60) and transferred over my sim from my old samsung. I am able to connect to the network no problem. At first i couldnt send or receive any pictures until i added the APN settings. Now i am able to receive pictures but still cannot send. Can anyone help me? I have my screenshots below. I tried to search for a solution but cannot find one. I did find a solution that someone found but when i try to add the APN and save, there's no radio button for me to check to select it. here was their solution: 

Name: CA - Public Mobile MMS

APN: sp.mb.com

Authentication Type: PAP

APN Type: mms

Here is my current setting which only allows me to receive but not send:
Screenshot_20180316-182320.pngthumbnail_Screenshot_20180316-182950.pngScreenshot_20180316-182338.png

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@xsfpns, you can have multiple relevant APNs in the list.  You just need to select the correct one by checking the radio button, otherwise the phone may choose a default that is wrong.  Depending on device, you may see other APNs that are a close match in terms of carrier. 

xsfpns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the feedback. I figured it out. It didnt make any sense why what i did worked but it did. I used the telus APN setting that was already there and changed the sp.telus.com to sp.mb.com and it worked, even though the rest was exactly how i entered my new public mobile addition.

@xsfpns

Your APN settings are correct.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

Try restarting your device for changes to take effect (or to reassert themselves on your network connection).

You need cellular data ON to send/receive any attachments, regardless whether you have data on your plan.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @xsfpns,

Just keep one APN settings.

And in that one APN, scroll to the line that says "APN Type" and enter "default,mms,supl"

Save changes, reboot and send a test MMS.

Also, be sure that the mobile data is enabled as MMS sends over data and won't send over wifi.  Most phones automatically allow this to happen but some times this could be the problem.  

Need Help? Let's chat.