Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: ALL Public Mobile Promotions

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

What is the solution? Using RSS to e-mail notifications! Super simple in 3 easy steps. 

See this thread for a simple guide.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Get-notified-of-ANY-Announcement-includ...

@pm-smayer97, sorry not going to let you create a thread and rmark your own post as the solution to something that has already been explained to you in other threads.  

This has not really been explained anywhere else.... that is why I created a thread to provide the instructions to make it very visible. Not sure what the objection is. 

And having explained in some buried post is not going to help anyone else find it. Already someone has posted that they benefited from my solution. So you how can you say it is not a solution?

Glad you had one I have already had 3 people private message me thanking me for what I did because they saw others post trying you about the RSS to email and wondered why you marked your own post the solution

Because they are DIFFERENT solutions...

Then make it A HOW TO like the other thread and get the bravos I don't think anyone would have an issue with that but to mark your two threads with your own solution then start a third and do the same is really not the way the community values go especially if solutions are in the mix for community rewards

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

What is the solution? Using RSS to e-mail notifications! Super simple in 3 easy steps. 

See this thread for a simple guide.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Get-notified-of-ANY-Announcement-includ...

@pm-smayer97, sorry not going to let you create a thread and rmark your own post as the solution to something that has already been explained to you in other threads.  

This has not really been explained anywhere else.... that is why I created a thread to provide the instructions to make it very visible. Not sure what the objection is. 

And having explained in some buried post is not going to help anyone else find it. Already someone has posted that they benefited from my solution. So you how can you say it is not a solution?

Glad you had one I have already had 3 people private message me thanking me for what I did because they saw others post trying you about the RSS to email and wondered why you marked your own post the solution

Because they are DIFFERENT solutions...

Then make it A HOW TO like the other thread and get the bravos I don't think anyone would have an issue with that but to mark your two threads with your own solution then start a third and do the same is really not the way the community values go especially if solutions are in the mix for community rewards

That is the least of my concerns. I am just trying to help others. I started out trying to provide a different solution for generating a community supported effort to generating notifications of announcements and  promos, becuase of the limitations of this forum. Now that those no longer make sense, but there are already followers of those older ideas, I wanted to make sure they are redirected to what is the better solution I have documented.

Also, I have been a moderator on several other sites. I am used to some  forums that are set up as Question and answer. I saw that this is how this forum has a similar set up. And I wanted to make sure that the solution I offered was identified as such. I just do not see the big issue here.

At the end of the day, the question is, does my thread help or hinder? Does my redirection help or hinder? If it helps (it already has), then what is the big concern?

Oracle

@pm-smayer97, @Then link your threads to your how to thread and collect bravos not have three threads with three of your own solutions for the same post.  Rewards take into account solutions getting 3 solutions for the same post does not seem right especially when you started all the threads and marked your solution in all three 

Does this not make sense to you?

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13

Whatever you did to my thread you messed it up.... 

You left out half the info and also broke links to the thread so others can find it. UGH!

And even bookmarks I made plus links I sent to the forum managers to consider something regarding this solution... DOUBLE UGH!

Such shortsigthedness!

Anyway... I'll go clean up what I can.   :-(

Oracle

@pm-smayer97 it is right here in the how to thread .https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-Announcement-i...

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

First, I gave full credit to @RobertQc for pointing me the solution.

Thanks for the credit @pm-smayer97 I only learned what RSS even was from @srlawren I just modified his instructions a little to suit my needs. 

Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

First, I gave full credit to @RobertQc for pointing me the solution.

Thanks for the credit @pm-smayer97 I only learned what RSS even was from @srlawren I just modified his instructions a little to suit my needs. 

@RobertQc precisely what a community is for--to learn and share.  Smiley Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.