cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: ALL System Maintenance and other Significant announcements

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

What is the solution? Using RSS to e-mail notifications! Super simple in 3 easy steps. 

See this thread for a simple guide.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Get-notified-of-ANY-Announcement-includ...

@pm-smayer97, sorry not going to let you create a thread and rmark your own post as the solution to something that has already been explained to you in other threads.  

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

Re: ALL Public Mobile Promotions

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

What is the solution? Using RSS to e-mail notifications! Super simple in 3 easy steps. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Get-notified-of-ANY-Announcement-includ...

@pm-smayer97, sorry not going to let you create a thread and rmark your own post as the solution to something that has already been explained to you in other threads.  

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

This has not really been explained anywhere else.... that is why I created a thread to provide the instructions to make it very visible. Not sure what the objection is. 

And having explained in some buried post is not going to help anyone else find it. Already someone has posted that they benefited from my solution. So you how can you say it is not a solution?

Re: ALL System Maintenance and other Significant announcements

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

This has not really been explained anywhere else.... that is why I created a thread to provide the instructions to make it very visible. Not sure what the objection is. 

And having explained in some buried post is not going to help anyone else find it. Already someone has posted that they benefited from my solution. So you how can you say it is not a solution?

This is how this forum is structured. I want to make sure that users can find the info easily. You got a better solution?
Oracle

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Because when you first started your threads you were told @srlawren had already figured out a way to get the notifications.  The thread would have been fine if you just posted how you did it but you create a thread to give yourself a solution.  

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Because when you first started your threads you were told @srlawren had already figured out a way to get the notifications.  The thread would have been fine if you just posted how you did it but you create a thread to give yourself a solution.  

And so what is the big issue anyway?

Regardless, His solution is NOT the same solution at all.... 

The whole point of this forum is users helping users. This makes my alternative solution visible, as an alternative.

Oracle

So why not give the solution to @RobertQc who posted this to tell you about the RSS feed

@pm-smayer97Any new topic started in the announcements sections. Only PM is allowed to make topics there so nothing from anyone else. So the 5 or 10 new announcements per month (not editing, not user replies) go to my inbox.

I went to google typed in "rss to e-mail" and clicked the website

I Inserted PM announcements link

I Inserted my e-mail

I hit submit

Done.

Oracle

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Glad you had one I have already had 3 people private message me thanking me for what I did because they saw others post trying you about the RSS to email and wondered why you marked your own post the solution

@ShawnC13 wrote:

So why not give the solution to @RobertQc who posted this to tell you about the RSS feed

@pm-smayer97Any new topic started in the announcements sections. Only PM is allowed to make topics there so nothing from anyone else. So the 5 or 10 new announcements per month (not editing, not user replies) go to my inbox.

I went to google typed in "rss to e-mail" and clicked the website

I Inserted PM announcements link

I Inserted my e-mail

I hit submit

Done.

First, I gave full credit to @RobertQc for pointing me the solution. But more importantly, my instructions give a full walkthrough to put this in place, with built-in search, a validation of a tested service, etc. 

And again, the biggest issue is that the original comments are buried... so to make it visible and accessible to many, a separate thread was in order. 

And the fact that literally minutes after I posted my solution someone applied it and benefited from it. That should tell you something.

So, what is the big hang up anyway? I spent a lot of time researching this and then documenting it to make it easily visible. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Glad you had one I have already had 3 people private message me thanking me for what I did because they saw others post trying you about the RSS to email and wondered why you marked your own post the solution

Because they are DIFFERENT solutions...