cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: ALL System Maintenance and other Significant announcements

@Jessica_T wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Online-SIM-delivery-may-be-delayed-unti...

Is this one still a problem now that they have been legislated back to work?

Re: ALL Public Mobile Promotions

@will13am wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@will13am how does RFD help? The whole point of this thread is to avoid having to search for anything. Once subscribed, you automatically get notified of any new updates by anyone participating. 

Not everyone will be subscribing to this thread.  Are you going to maintain it?  Every deal here and with other carrier brands are covered in RFD.  When the deal ends, they move the threads to expired deals section.  

Clearly you are not grasping the concept nor the motivation. RFD does not cut it. This is a group effort for anyone willing to participate. The more involved, the easier and more beneficial. The tasks are simple:

1. Subscribe to be notified of any new posts,
  2. post a link to any PM promo that shows up,
  3. and bookmark this thread to easily find and post new promos.

Let's not clutter this thread with arguing the pros and cons or alternatives. Let's just let this ride and see if anything comes of it.

Not sure if oracles are able to help but if one can pin this thread, that would be ideal. Otherwise, we'll have to work with what we have.

I think I will subscribe to the RSS feed for this post, rather than setup a useless bookmark that I will lose, to satisfy your request to use a bookmark to get information that is already available by another RSS feed that I could already use.

Really @pm-smayer97, why do you expect Public Mobile to do everything you request, when they already post these announcements to the Anouncements forum, and already provide an RSS feed, which you can get in various already available feed reader aggregators?

Public Mobile has enough issues that need to be fixed before they make any further enhançements or wish lists of subscribers.  Let them fix whaat is already broken, and use what is already available and does work.

It literally takes all of about 15 seconds to post a link to any new announcement (I've already posted a few in the Promo thread I created)... let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

and as I said above, "If you do not like this idea, simply do not subscribe... No need to post any objections. Just leave it for those who ARE interested."

If you want to participate on this and/or the other thread, great. Many can benefit. I am not imposing on anyone to do anything they do not want to.

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97If you maintain this, by always keeping the current active promotions in the first post, and editing that post to reflect changes I would be interest in subscribing and promoting this. But having to search through the pages to find which ones are current, how many people double post and do not come back to remove expired promotions and various discussions and arguments will ruin this.

Use the first post as a summary of all other posts, essentially you are the only one who can maintain this since only you can edit your posts and maybe in time they will pin this if it has good feedback.

@RobertQc Thanks for the feedback. I'll consider that BUT correct me if I am wrong... no one should have to search the latest one since by subscribing they would get an e-mail notification directly to the latest post. That is all they would need. 

So the intention is less about having one current list that only I can maintain but rather using the power of e-mail notifications to have everyone simply be notified with the latest promo. 

Thoughts?

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@RobertQc Thanks for the feedback. I'll consider that BUT correct me if I am wrong... no one should have to search the latest one since by subscribing they would get an e-mail notification directly to the latest post. That is all they would need. 

So the intention is less about having one current list that only I can maintain but rather using the power of e-mail notifications to have everyone simply be notified with the latest promo. 

Thoughts?

@pm-smayer97Right but not everyone checks right away, and people don't listen to the rules. Multiple people will post the same thing, lots of people post mistakes, post the wrong announcment or say why this sucks. This is your idea, you should be willing to run what you beleive in. IMO If everything was to be in the first post, then we could just check that when the e-mail comes. Remember what you said about the oracles maintaining this list

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

better  yet, I would prefer it if PM maintained it. It requires SO LITTLE EFFORT on

If its "SO LITTLE EFFORT" you should be able to do it easily and maybe if you do and they see value in it they will take over / make an official one.

I would say if you are not even willing to put in the "little effort" they probably wont either.

@RobertQc certainly food for thought BUT I never expected the mods to put any effort into this beyond simply adding a new link. And since it is the mods that place the original ad, then updating the link(s) in the first post would be easy... (they have full edit privileges). And again, it is literally a less than a minute effort.

But I am certainly willing to post in the first post if that makes a difference (I'll do the same in the other announcement thread too). So what I can do is every time someone posts a new promo link in the thread, I can certainly copy that into the top post. I am still unclear of the value of that. Because users would always have the e-mail notification to take them directly to the latest active post. 

Again, I am willing to do what you suggest if it will add value to the goal of this thread. I am willing to refine this. 

Though again, I am looking to keep this super simple.

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@RobertQc certainly food for thought BUT I never expected the mods to put any effort into this beyond simply adding a new link. And since it is the mods that place the original ad, then updating the link(s) in the first post would be easy... (they have full edit privileges). And again, it is literally a less than a minute effort.

But I am certainly willing to post in the first post if that makes a difference (I'll do the same in the other announcement thread too). So what I can do is every time someone posts a new promo link in the thread, I can certainly copy that into the top post. I am still unclear of the value of that. Because users would always have the e-mail notification to take them directly to the latest active post. 

Again, I am willing to do what you suggest if it will add value to the goal of this thread. I am willing to refine this. 

Though again, I am looking to keep this super simple.

@pm-smayer97I like you trying to improve things. For simplicity I like the idea of having all the promotions in 1 place. But for me I can't see anything more simple then what I already have set up (Unless the mods take over this). I don't know anything about RSS or what it means but I went to some website inserted the announcements link and my e-mail and a soon as a new official announcements is made. Boom. It's free. It's in my inbox. No worry about people posting off topic (or even on topic) thoughts and discussions. No worry about unofficial stuff. No e-mails for incorrect information.

Just as an example- since I have subscribed to your 2 topics I have got like 45 e-mails (5 emails in the last 14 minutes from you editing your post). Everytime you edit your post, everyone else gets an email.

In my experience PM only releases maintenance announcements 5-10% of the time. I can't tell you how many times I log in, in the middle of the night and it says "Site temporarily unavailable for maintenance. Please try again later." but there is no announcement.

edited.jpg