cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: ALL Public Mobile Promotions

The nubmer of e-mails is just from the effort of trying to get it just right. That will quiet down.

But your comment "I don't know anything about RSS or what it means but I went to some website inserted the announcements link and my e-mail and a soon as a new official announcements is made. Boom. It's free. It's in my inbox."

Are you saying you have a way to get only the announcement and nothing more? And only the announcements you want? if so, I'd like to know more, especially if it is super simple to set up.

And remember there is one thread for promos here, one for other announcements. And that is the potential power of this... more eyes on what is going on to share with everyone so everyone who cares to know (by subscribing) knows at the same time. And I see 3 posted in the span of 4 weeks (Oct/Nov). And I never saw them when they happened but I would have if someone posted there. ;-)

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

The nubmer of e-mails is just from the effort of trying to get it just right. That will quiet down.

But your comment "I don't know anything about RSS or what it means but I went to some website inserted the announcements link and my e-mail and a soon as a new official announcements is made. Boom. It's free. It's in my inbox."

Are you saying you have a way to get only the announcement and nothing more? And only the announcements you want? if so, I'd like to know more, especially if it is super simple to set up.

@pm-smayer97Any new topic started in the announcements sections. Only PM is allowed to make topics there so nothing from anyone else. So the 5 or 10 new announcements per month (not editing, not user replies) go to my inbox.

I went to google typed in "rss to e-mail" and clicked the website

I Inserted PM announcements link

I Inserted my e-mail

I hit submit

Done.

Which is why some people would may see no need (no offense) in your idea since its already so simple and way more accurate and don't need to take away public mobile resources when its already taking them days to respond to a customer that has no cell phone service.

Highlighted

@RobertQc wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@pm-smayer97Any new topic started in the announcements sections. Only PM is allowed to make topics there so nothing from anyone else. So the 5 or 10 new announcements per month (not editing, not user replies) go to my inbox.

I Inserted my e-mail

I hit submit

Done.

Which is why some people would may see no need (no offense) in your idea since its already so simple and way more accurate and don't need to take away public mobile resources when its already taking them days to respond to a customer that has no cell phone service.

If this works as I think I understand you, then this would do away with the need for this thread. So are you saying that you only get the top level post in the Announcement section and none of the replies to those annoucements? If so, do you have to select Subscribe to RSS Feed from the Options menu in the Annoucement section?

If so, that is worth a simple article because that is exactly what I am looking for but I never even knew about this as an option. And I am sure MANY others likewise. 

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

I Inserted my e-mail

I hit submit

Done.

If this works as I think I understand you, then this would do away with the need for this thread. So are you saying that you only get the top level post in the Announcement section and none of the replies to those annoucements? If so, do you have to select Subscribe to RSS Feed from the Options menu in the Annoucement section?

If so, that is worth a simple article because that is exactly what I am looking for but I never even knew about this as an option. And I am sure MANY others likewise. 

Yes its that simple. Yes just the top level post. No replies. (Unless you use a different method and want the replies)

@pm-smayer97No need to click anything at public mobile. Just use the link, or click it to get the link if you don't already know it. But you don't need to click. You don't even need a public mobile account and you can still get them e-mailed to you.

No need for a new article. There is a great article already written by @srlawren which explains more than enough which I linked you before here. Where the confusion may be is he says "your chosen feedy/rss" ... my chosen was "rss to email" under his step of "D) This technique only shows you new postings, it doesn't show any of the replies/comments or notify you when new replies/comments are added." He can't give a detailed example for every different RSS / software / setup as each one would be a different and also depends on how the user wants to set things up and most wouldn't be used. But all of the important info is there. If someone is confused beyond that then they will have to ask for help and we can go from there. (or they can read anything here)

Mayor / Maire

@RobertQc if you want to reply to the RSS tutorial thread with some screen shots and specifics for RSS-to-email, that might be helpful.  I can edit the main post and link to the reply for anyone that wants the updates via email Smiley Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@RobertQc if you want to reply to the RSS tutorial thread with some screen shots and specifics for RSS-to-email, that might be helpful.  I can edit the main post and link to the reply for anyone that wants the updates via email Smiley Happy

I'm trying this out and once I get some results I'll report back here.

@RobertQc thx for the lead on RSS to e-mail... I'm hoping it works out as expected :-)

I decided to give https://blogtrottr.com a try. First one to come up. Seemed simple enough.

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97

If you legit plan to keep this thread, a better idea is to EDIT the first post each new promo

Otherwise the thread becomes pages of old / useless info and most newbies thinking to sign up would never read it (or worse, plan to sign up, read a BETTER promo from before, then decide to WAIT for next sale period hoping for better)

@kav2001c wrote:

@pm-smayer97

If you legit plan to keep this thread, a better idea is to EDIT the first post each new promo

Otherwise the thread becomes pages of old / useless info and most newbies thinking to sign up would never read it (or worse, plan to sign up, read a BETTER promo from before, then decide to WAIT for next sale period hoping for better)

Thanks for the feedback. That is under consideration. But I am trying out RobertQc's recommendation to use RSS to e-mail above which I never knew about. If that works out as expected, that would make this thread unnecessary. I will follow up my results. 

What is the solution? Using RSS to e-mail notifications! Super simple in 3 easy steps. 

See this thread for a simple guide.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-Announcement-i...

Re: ALL System Maintenance and other Significant announcements

What is the solution? Using RSS to e-mail notifications! Super simple in 3 easy steps. 

See this thread for a simple guide.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-Announcement-i...