cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: A Coordinated Response to Public Mobile's 02/18 price Increase

EVERYONE please file a complaint! Public Mobile (Telus) should not be increasing our bills by 25% in some backdoor scam to screw us out of the deal many of us signed up for!! $120 for 3 months and 12GB is what I had my entire family switch to Public for and now Public is trying to screw us all over... not acceptable!!

FILE COMPLAINT HERE!!: 

http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Simple solution, 

#boycottTelus

Sign me up. It is impossible for an international student like me to get a post-paid service because I don't have any credit info in Canada

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The text I received has an expiry of Mar. 15, 2018 to switch to Koodo for the $40 plan.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Public Mobile has confirmed that they are not moving forward with the price increase. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/A-letter-from-Dave-on-the-infamous-40-for...

PR nightmare! Wow... glad they have backed down but the damage has been done

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@steelworxwrote:

PR nightmare! Wow... glad they have backed down but the damage has been done

EXACTLY.  I will keep the plan, but will keep an eye for deals from NON TELUS Companies.

Before the price increase was called off, I had said I would prefer to be cellphone-less than give my money to a TELUS brand again.

That whole "lets switch our users to postpaid" stunt was real BS.

JL.

Highlighted

I hadn't even seen this offer and I have been with them from basically 2013.  I am reading into these comments and it seems like it should be a "what have you done for me lately" being the consumer and totally getting screwed for anything to benefit you.

I am extremely happy that you will raise your voice in regards to this matter as if they are not valuing the service that they are providing and opting to send people to other companies that cannot be good for anyone who holds any shares.

I agree with those who are struggling to get their credit score higher and well this isn't something that goes on your credit score but having the month to month plan is more reliable for the fact you don't get charged if you don't use it and a gap of 3 months can assist those who made need a bit more time even for small plans.  The money doesn't stretch far but the plans are much cheaper than those of back in the day.

Just tired of increases and bs from this company.

As an FYI, I didn't receive the offer either because I had told them to stop texting me their marketing messages - annoying as hell.  My wife got it though.

While you may take the response to be "it seems like it should be a "what have you done for me lately"", this was false and misleading advertising, as PM told us at the time we switched that the price would stay the same as long as we had the plan - "No Surprises".  We want what was agreed to.

Exactly, I hadn't checked to see messages but this is what it was.  A slip of paper to check off simple boxes when we were forced to join onto the Telus network under the PM old branding.  It is not fair and I think that this should be acknowledged as they hadn't really sent any increase notices out through messaging, email or web wide.

@kwandar wrote:

As an FYI, I didn't receive the offer either because I had told them to stop texting me their marketing messages - annoying as hell.  My wife got it though.

While you may take the response to be "it seems like it should be a "what have you done for me lately"", this was false and misleading advertising, as PM told us at the time we switched that the price would stay the same as long as we had the plan - "No Surprises".  We want what was agreed to.