cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Coordinated Response to Public Mobile's 02/18 price Increase

HolmesIV
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here is the language that brought most of us in. If and only if this language applies to you, and you disagree with PM's recent increase, please sign below. 

• you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!
  •  
  • Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!
  •  
  • Things you need to know
  •  
  • This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Please note the "no surprises" and "as long as you are an active customer". This is what I agreed to, and this is no doubt what many of you saw and agreed to. 

Public Mobile is doing a series of things that seem reprehensible, and an outright betrayal of their agreement; 

1) They are voiding the agreement to not change pricing 

2) They are erasing prepayments, including, but not limited to, payments for service, payments for longdistance within North America, and payments for internet and data service.

3) They are forcing people to switch to a scheme that requires credit verification. This was obscure to me, but reading caused me to grasp it. Some folks are working hard but have terrible credit scores. By forcing them to switch from a reliable prepaid service to a postpaid service that will automatically reject them, you condemn existing honest working poor customers to a life without communication. 

What Public Mobile is doing is not merely contemptible, but in direct violation of our customer agreements ("your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."). 

Here is what I intend to do:

A) I am a 20 year + direct shareholder of Telus. If this is not resolved, I will attend their annual meeting in Calgary or Toronto (last years was in Toronto) and I will ask a question we all agree to. I invite you to vote, I invite you to hire a lawyer to select one. Along the lines of "Why is your PublicMobile Brand permitted to engage in flagrantly dishonest behaviour?"

[To Telus executives, I'm happy to prove I am a longstanding 20 year direct shareholder. Contact me via email and I can prove it.]

B) If you sign below I will incorporate your complaint into mine. We will complain to the CCTC and the CRTC 

C) I am willing to contribute [redacted] towards a crowd-funded [redacted] against PM/Telus. This will require serious funding well beyond this to be effective.

Sign up if you were brought in by this language (above) and if you are willing to proceed further.

72 REPLIES 72

ykkwan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please sign me in, thanks.

RyanJuergen

I am in for any group action taken against this defraud

Tallguy11
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

im in!! we have to show them that they cant screw with us hard working canadians!

johnnyc1240

sign me up

tingtingting09

I will be filling a complaint to CCTS if Public Mobile does not attempt to help me resolve my complaint regarding this price increase from $120 to $150 per 90 days.

pokepok

please count me in!

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

in!

RyanRF

Not sure what we need to sign but, my wife and I are in

Kalym

why not!  add my name to the list.

the corporations have to realise their marketing messages need to mean something.  

mikeg

Count me in.

jeeva86

I’m in

MF

@HolmesIV 

I am in.

Petey

signed.

Im in!

smilingeyes70

please count me in.

ihaveimpulses

Sign me up! I also have this message from them

public evidence.PNG

futurezack

Im in.

ceecee

Count me in please and thank you.

WRXFiles

Yes, thank you for taking the lead.

Please include us - two lines

Stanleyt

I’m want to be a part of this. I was grossly mislead, and left a good plan to migrate to Public Mobile. Now Telus has increased the price by an unprecedented 25%, this is absurd, I have referred many people and convinced them Public Mobile would not unethically increase prices like the other scummy phone companies. Not only have I lost credibility, but I will have to pay more?!? 

shovas

What's the hashtag to talk this up on twitter?

anandrew1995

Signed

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I was hoping it was a fake message...

kchow91

Hey PM,  

Please contact me to resolve the recent price hike on the 12GB $120 plan.  
I find a 25% price hike unreasonable. I am up for renewal next month.

When I signed up to the plan it was advertised as not increasing as long as I remained a paying customer. I feel this is like a bait and switch, attracting new customers and the very ones who supported you in the beginning, and abandoning us all right after a three month renewal.

Per legislation and CRTC/CCTS requirements I am initiating this as an attempt at open dialog with you, my service provider to amicably and simply resolve this issue.

If you do not respond within a reasonable time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and proceed with a complaint to the CCTS and then the CRTC.

Sincerely,

Kevin

Colin_C
Forced price increase on $40 12GB plans. 

Hey PM,  

Please Icontact me to resolve the recent price hike on the 12GB $120 plan.  
I find a 25% price hike unreasonable. I just renewed my plan in Jan.

When I signed up to the plan it was advertised as not increasing as long as I remained a paying customer. I feel this is like a bait and switch, attracting new customers and the very ones who supported you in the beginning, and abandoning us all right after a three month renewal.

Per legislation and CRTC/CCTS requirements I am initiating this as an attempt at open dialog with you, my service provider to amicably and simply resolve this issue.

If you do not respond within a reasonable time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and proceed with a complaint to the CCTS and then the CRTC.

Sincerely,

Colin

kchow91

I'm in

stanleylai

In!

xxJDxx

Not sure how I 'sign up' but I'm certainly onboard with any action taken to reverse this betrayal. What PM did was outright lie. I made every effort to verify that this plan would not expire before I signed up, and was repeatedly assured so. 

Honestly, I think Telus may just be sacrificing PM. Who cares if you get a bad rep under a pseudonym for a company that's no longer around? They are probably betting that they will be able to successfully migrate the majority of people on this plan to koodo and any effort we make to defame PM will be futile if they just retire the brand. 

Does anyone know if the offer from Koodo has an expiry? Will they migrate us to another promotional plan only to pull the rug out from under us again in a year? 

I would encourage everyone to file a complaint here: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/methods-of-submitting-a-complaint/

shovas

Yep, willing to sign as part of a complaint to the CRTC.

Everyone can complain to the CRTC here:

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/contact/#complaint

BEST

Count me in

JL1

signed

Need Help? Let's chat.