cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Coordinated Response to Public Mobile's 02/18 price Increase

HolmesIV
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here is the language that brought most of us in. If and only if this language applies to you, and you disagree with PM's recent increase, please sign below. 

• you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!
  •  
  • Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!
  •  
  • Things you need to know
  •  
  • This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Please note the "no surprises" and "as long as you are an active customer". This is what I agreed to, and this is no doubt what many of you saw and agreed to. 

Public Mobile is doing a series of things that seem reprehensible, and an outright betrayal of their agreement; 

1) They are voiding the agreement to not change pricing 

2) They are erasing prepayments, including, but not limited to, payments for service, payments for longdistance within North America, and payments for internet and data service.

3) They are forcing people to switch to a scheme that requires credit verification. This was obscure to me, but reading caused me to grasp it. Some folks are working hard but have terrible credit scores. By forcing them to switch from a reliable prepaid service to a postpaid service that will automatically reject them, you condemn existing honest working poor customers to a life without communication. 

What Public Mobile is doing is not merely contemptible, but in direct violation of our customer agreements ("your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."). 

Here is what I intend to do:

A) I am a 20 year + direct shareholder of Telus. If this is not resolved, I will attend their annual meeting in Calgary or Toronto (last years was in Toronto) and I will ask a question we all agree to. I invite you to vote, I invite you to hire a lawyer to select one. Along the lines of "Why is your PublicMobile Brand permitted to engage in flagrantly dishonest behaviour?"

[To Telus executives, I'm happy to prove I am a longstanding 20 year direct shareholder. Contact me via email and I can prove it.]

B) If you sign below I will incorporate your complaint into mine. We will complain to the CCTC and the CRTC 

C) I am willing to contribute [redacted] towards a crowd-funded [redacted] against PM/Telus. This will require serious funding well beyond this to be effective.

Sign up if you were brought in by this language (above) and if you are willing to proceed further.

72 REPLIES 72

winjer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in! 

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm in.

blingamo

Hello fellow PM 120 day $120 plan mebers.

I do have correspondance from PM"

"the price, the content of the plan will always remain the same"

" as a potential customer, I can assure you that there are no surprise or changes to expect"

Gues what; I am surprised about the unexpected

convolutionx

i'm in.

Jotunheim

In. This is bull**bleep**.

JPWSin

I am in

dalekinthewwing

Co-signed.

Teedo

Fight the corporation! 

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile, the phone company without a soul.

CHIA

Not sure what legal ground we have or even worth a fight, but I just received the text today and I just read it now......very bad way to conduct business, really suprised based on the conditions under which I agreed to give them my business.

I have had solid service and found this to be great value, they sure seem to be taking a terrible approach to maintain thier own customers.

drvan

Count me in!

MCAN

Sign me up!

This bait and switch is downright dishonest and a violation of the agreement. I signed up with the assurance that the price for my plan was locked in. Today, Telus told me they are altering the deal and to pray they don't alter it any further.

Need Help? Let's chat.