cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 911 issues?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bogdan_S, what does that attachment have to do with multiple failed 911 calls?

@VDubbin that's a big problem. It's possible Telus is incorrectly routing your emergency call. If you are up for it, I would dial again from the same location and tell the PSAP you are testing 911 because it failed for the last few attempts.

If it still fails, try with another phone at the same location.

If it continues to fail, call Telus customer support and tell them 911 calls are failing consistently at that location.

May I ask what city you are in?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the reply @sheytoon.

i will maybe give that a shot. 

also I live in Leamington, Ontario 

No problem.

Leamington is Telus RAN territory. It's actually one of the boundaries between Bell and Telus RANs. East of Leamington is Bell RAN.

Mayor / Maire

@sheytoon wrote:

No problem.

Leamington is Telus RAN territory. It's actually one of the boundaries between Bell and Telus RANs. East of Leamington is Bell RAN.

For anyone reading this and wondering what a RAN is, you may want to spend a few mins reading some of @sheytoon's awesome info from the past, in this awesome primer thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/LTE-network-fundamentals/m-p/130581/highl...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Yes, sorry I should've mentioned that. The first topic in that link should explain everything.

Most people can think of RAN as a "tower".