cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

911 issues?

VDubbin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A couple weeks ago I tried calling 911 6 different times within a 20 minute period. Each time I got the automated message " All circuits busy, try again later" is that an issue with PM Service? Or.....?

16 REPLIES 16

Yes, sorry I should've mentioned that. The first topic in that link should explain everything.

Most people can think of RAN as a "tower".

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sheytoon wrote:

No problem.

Leamington is Telus RAN territory. It's actually one of the boundaries between Bell and Telus RANs. East of Leamington is Bell RAN.

For anyone reading this and wondering what a RAN is, you may want to spend a few mins reading some of @sheytoon's awesome info from the past, in this awesome primer thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/LTE-network-fundamentals/m-p/130581/highl...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

No problem.

Leamington is Telus RAN territory. It's actually one of the boundaries between Bell and Telus RANs. East of Leamington is Bell RAN.

VDubbin

Thanks for the reply @sheytoon.

i will maybe give that a shot. 

also I live in Leamington, Ontario 

@VDubbin that's a big problem. It's possible Telus is incorrectly routing your emergency call. If you are up for it, I would dial again from the same location and tell the PSAP you are testing 911 because it failed for the last few attempts.

If it still fails, try with another phone at the same location.

If it continues to fail, call Telus customer support and tell them 911 calls are failing consistently at that location.

May I ask what city you are in?

@Bogdan_S, what does that attachment have to do with multiple failed 911 calls?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @VDubbin,

I recommend you to go online and use SIMon and create a ticket so I can help you.

Bogdan_S

@VDubbin wrote:

I was able to call anybody else without issue... and no it wasn't Election Day lol. 

It looks to be an issue with local 911 services.

If it happens again, you should notify authorities, by dialing local operator (or an alternate emergency number).

VDubbin

I was able to call anybody else without issue... and no it wasn't Election Day lol. 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Probably not much can be done about that but you would think that any 911 call would be accepted and they would have the capacity to do so.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@VDubbin wrote:

A couple weeks ago I tried calling 911 6 different times within a 20 minute period. Each time I got the automated message " All circuits busy, try again later" is that an issue with PM Service? Or.....?

Nerwork issue. If it happens again, remove sim card to make csll. It might connect by Rogers or Freedom.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@VDubbin 

That sounds like all the 911 lines (in your area) were busy.

Maybe too late to ask now, but were you able to call anyone else?

Btw, were you experiencing this issue on election day Oct 21?

https://www.google.com/search?q=election+day+911+calls&oq=election+day+911+calls

If so, you were not alone.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Never tried before, if that is the case, too bad..

GR
Mayor / Maire

@VDubbin usually that's an issue with the cell tower having no lines available but 911 is supposed to have priority and kick someone off to use that line!  I would send a message to the Moderator_Team just to make them aware of the problem and they can look into it 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

That's a little disturbing.

Need Help? Let's chat.