cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 days to save number

jayjay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ok,leaving the country for 90 days+,

looking for cheap work around to keep number.

have 5gig/1gig plus plan/$67 per month.

I see in pick a plan,no calling/no text/no data,$25 for 90 days.

thoughts?

12 REPLIES 12

@jayjay At the risk of data overload there are a couple of caveats to reactivating a suspended plan:

a) if renewing a currently offered plan, click Change Plan, pick, pay and activate now. Logout and service should be nback when you reboot.

b) any grandfathered plan can only be reactivated by the moderators after you have made the necessary payment.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jayjay

Thanks bud,I will.worked my rear end off to get there.😂

word is 30c in South east Asia this time of year 😂😊😊 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

HAve a great trip.  and enjoy the sun and beach. 🙂

jayjay

in hindsight,easy peasy,buy top up  vouchers,back up numbers as the **bleep** paper fades fast,and top up online before I return so i land with a working sim.

thanks all

jayjay

Thanks 

mimmo

@jayjay wrote:

ok,not an old plan.

renew is dec 26,long gone (me) by then.

got it figured i guess,just pack top up vouchers and add them before 90 days are up.

if you have a credit card on file  and autopay , just disable autopay. when it comes to day 85ish then login and make a payment with your creditcard.  else yes buy vouchers.  

if you do want to renew with a less costly plan then futuredate that plan (30day text) and that will give you an additional 120 days.    i would again futuredate the plan you want after renewing just incase PM changes it pricing.

jayjay

Thanks but not the direction I was going,just an extended holiday from the frozen tundra 😂😂 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@jayjay wrote:

ok,leaving the country for 90 days+,

looking for cheap work around to keep number.

have 5gig/1gig plus plan/$67 per month.

I see in pick a plan,no calling/no text/no data,$25 for 90 days.

thoughts?

- If you want to keep the plan you are on right now (more relevant for people who are on a $120/12GB promo, I guess) you have to renew that plan on day 86 (or so, to allow for a safety margin for renewal glitches...)

- If you are happy to choose from any in-market plan on your return you can switch to the cheapest plan available on day 86 of your suspended period by contacting the moderator team and asking for a plan change. If you come back befor the "bridging plan" expires you can initiate a plan change in self serve.

- Be aware that you have to choose at least one of the three options (talk, text or data) to have an active plan. The minimum right now is either 30day text only or 30day 250MB data at $20.

If you are staying away for a half a year or longer and are not necessarily wanting to come back to PM - ie you are looking for the best deal on the market from any provider when you come back - you could port your number out to a provider who has a yearly prepaid plan (SpeakOut's $25 top up is valid for 365days, for example) or a VOIP service.

Here is the link to @Luddite's take on the topic: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

Edit: Looks like I need to type faster and not worry to much about clarity in my wording if I actually want to contribute...

simman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah you could change to that plan if you don't want to deal with porting your number.

If you don't mind porting your number, the cheapest way to go is to port over to a prepaid service like speak out or pc mobile anytime. These types of services dont have any monthly or recurring fees, if there is no usage there are no charges. Then just port your number back when you get back. 

Either way you go, you will need to get a new plan when you return. So you might not get the same plan you have now unfortunately. Hopefully there will be something similar or better at the time though.

jayjay

ok,not an old plan.

renew is dec 26,long gone (me) by then.

got it figured i guess,just pack top up vouchers and add them before 90 days are up.

imm1304

Hi @jayjay!

If you don't make a payment on next renewal date, your account will be suspended.  You will have 90 days to make a payment and reactivate your account before its lost forever.  If you wish to extend your account beyond 90 days, you will have to send a private message to the mods anytime before 90 days are up and have them change your plan to the 30-day text only plan and pay $20.  This is the cheapest plan you can pick.  This will extend your account by another 120 days.  

The option you mention is not a real plan.. 90 days of no talk/text/data for $25.  You have to pick at least one of the 3 services for it to be a valid plan.  

mimmo

when does your plan expire?  is your plan a current inmarket plan or a grandfathered plan.

most people will just let the plan expire and then around day 85 add funds  to reactivate the plan.

this thread migyt be some help https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

Need Help? Let's chat.