cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$90 Plan

kevindo27
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wondering, my friends would like to join Public Mobile, but they want the $90 plan, is there anyway to sign up for them to that kind of plan now or is it too late?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Good call, @Luddite--way to think outside the box combining the promo plan and data add-on!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

For @kevindo27 and everyone still subscribed here, it is now possible to almost recreate this plan. There is a new promo http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/NEW-Talk-and-Text-Promo-Plan/m-p/144804 that when combined with a 1 GB data add-on comes very close to that old plan. It really depends on how much data will be used. If it is just for Google maps 1 GB may last 12 months based on my experience.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

rzhevskii2000

I support, it is better to have $90 for 90 days the way it was.  Give 3GB option to those who need more data.  For those who just need basic plan with minimum data and the least expensive price, it's better to keep this plan.

Otherwise, the closer PM is approaching to the competition within "What you get" and "What you pay" ratio, the more PM is increasing chance of losing customers.  Because keep in mind, absense of a physical telephone support decreases value of service provider, no matter how tech savvy your customer is.

So, my advise to PM - not because I'm trying hard to stick to this plan and to same money, I know I can keep this plan - put back that $90 for 90 days.

I've just done convincing 3 (!) people to switch to PM from Virgin, where they're paying $30/mo the same plan but no data, and they went online...oops!  No more.

Guys, you want business, stay the way you are.  Add flexibility, don't take it away.

The end.

danette77
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JMCD I'd really like to see both options available to new customers too. Not everyone is a heavy data user. So glad I got grandfathered in on my old 1 GB 90 day plan! 

JMCD

While the new plan is excellent value, it isn't aimed at the same type of user as the former $90 plan. I switched to PM back in June. I don't need a lot of data and was paying $40/mo with Fido. If the $90 plan hadn't existed and I only had the options available today, I probably wouldn't have switched as the savings would've been minimal to me. I'd really like to see both options available as they're great for different types of users.

sportymi

$120 is a great plan for 6gb, and $90 was a great plan for 1gb! 

I think most people just miss the choice of having a low monthly fee with some data. Why pay more when you only need so little right.

Tram_88

@Boba9

I agreed!!!

Boba9

@kevindo27

$120 is the great plan for 6gb!

@kevindo27 This seems to be the only current "equivalent" open to newcomers: Alternative to 90 day $90 plan. No one else in Canada had anything close; the new 90 day $120 also seems unavailable anywhere else.

If you are interested, I'm sure there is additional advice around the Community on using voip.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pier - it isn't.  

That plan was unfortuantely retired a few weeks ago when PM overhauled their plan offerings.  Anyone that was already on the plan at the time got grandfathered, and can keep the plan as long as they like (by not making any plan changes or closing their account), but it is no longer available for new or existing customers (that were not already grandathered).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello!

Please go on the website (www.publicmobile.ca), clic on on PLANS and then start building the plan you want. If the $90 plan is still there, you will get it.  Good luck!

dubcanada

No I don't believe people would be able to get the old plan, but the new $120 plan is amazing

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That plan is no longer available.  

Need Help? Let's chat.