cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8um1

Corina81
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi when making a call i get a message 8um1 my call cant be completed any one know what this could be

9 REPLIES 9

Wholecloud
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just don't answer any calls from withheld or numbers that I don't recognise. If the caller doesn't wish to leave a message then it's probably not that important or they will call back. if they call back and still don't want to leave a message then the hell with them until they leave a message. In all cases that I have encountered the calls will stop or when I decide to block them. I never answer calls from a toll free number either.

samc1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The really strange part of that is that I never use my real name online, that includes, but is not limited to, ebay, paypal, etc... and I never fill out surveys.

@samc1 wrote:

Yeah, I figured, but not sure how they got my name at her number.

They can guess, they use information from the internet, dealings with companies, participation in surveys, etc.

samc1

Yeah, I figured, but not sure how they got my name at her number.

@samc1It is probably a spam call.

samc1

Got the recorded message '8um1: your call cannot be completed' when dialling back the number 902-473-1111. Someone at this number called my mum's landline and asked for me, refused to give out any information, and then hung up. When mum called back, the recording she heard was that the number was not in service. WTH is this??

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Corina81 wrote:

Hi when making a call i get a message 8um1 my call cant be completed any one know what this could be

Call cannot be completed as dialed is usually a dialing error or number is invalid like a missing digit or bad area code.  It could be problem at switch level.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Corina81, my suspicions are probably there is a phone issue.  Make sure the 10 digit phone number is entered correctly.  Most people also add +1 to the front just as a matter of good habit.  There have been previous reports of a similar problem.  Here is an example.  The resolution was far from conclusive, the problem seemed to disappear on its own which leads me to believe something wrong with the phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/My-first-day-on-Public-Mobile/td-p/29...

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Wait for the service to restore itself, or Ask a moderator (Can take up to 48 hrs, 1 message at a time). Per mentioned before in a similar case.

You may try to use the Lost/Stolen feature in Self-Serve, but no guarantee.

Need Help? Let's chat.