Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just got a text 6GB for $40

GOKOODO406GB

ublic Mobile here. Con: A deal this good won't last too long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for . Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

475 REPLIES 475

Dark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got a text a few minutes ago still my number is not validating online. Do you think if I sign up at a store they could manually override if I verify I am on the correct PM plan?

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alvitowrote:

I got another text today asking me to switch to Kodoo for $40/6gb. Still waiting for the 10gb plans.

Not going to happen, probably high number of people already migrated, but here's hoping. 

Edit:
Expiry for 6gb/40 changeover is March 31.

Public Mobile here. Don't miss out! The $40 6GB offer ends March 31, 2018. Join Koodo and get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month. Plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And you'll also get a one-time $100 bill credit. Offer valid for 1647xxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

Alvito

I got another text today asking me to switch to Kodoo for $40/6gb. Still waiting for the 10gb plans.

Himax

I went to Walmart and got the switch. I saw in my account that the offer was valid upto mid August (I believe, it was Aug. 26). Also, I got a $300 gift card on a specific Samsung Cell Phone ($300 offer was only for the weekend), Will get $100 credit against my tab and $25 referral credit. 

If you want a referral credit, please let me know and both of us will get $25.

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@will13am I’d say there is a pretty good chance that the other user may have already claimed it. @Dark Can try but if I sold him the plan and then I got the text I would jump on the 6GB for 40 l, thinking the person I sold it to would also receive a valid phone # to sign up.

@Darkwrote:

@srlawrenwrote:

@Dark with all due respect to the moderator team, I think they may be incorrect.  If you've received the texts, you should be eligbile.  Try giving Koodo a call, or visiitng a Koodo retail location.  Or, you could go to koodomobile.com, use the Shop menu to choose Bring Your Own Phone.  Click Add to Cart to add the SIM card to your cart.  Click on "Let's get started" under "I'm New".  On the right hand side you should see blue text that says Got a Promo Code?  Click it, enter the code you recevied via text message, and then enter your Public Mobile phone number when prompted, and click Apply.  If you get the message "Oops! This validation code isn't valid. Make sure you've entered the correct info. Codes are case sensitive", then the moderators are correct and you aren't eligible for some reason.  

The problem is when I enter my phone number on the Koodo site it is not validating. I contacted the Moderators about a month ago to correct the problem but they were unable to help me apparently. The issue stems from me buying the plan from someone that lived out of province. I ported in my own local number AFTER PM already provided Koodo with the list of eligible numbers. I started receiving the offer texts with the 6GB offer so I thought the problem was solved but my number is still not validating. Seems like an easy fix to me; just add my number into the system to make it eligible. Not sure why they can't do it for me.

@Dark, why don't you use the previous phone number in this account to qualify?  If they are not able to update the database, them the old number should still work even though you don't own it anymore.  The number is only being used to qualify for the plan.  You can port you current number for the migration step.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dark interesting and unique situation.  Sorry to hear that you may have to miss out for now.  Hopefully they run additional campaigns down the road and pull a fresh list at that time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dark

@srlawrenwrote:

@Dark with all due respect to the moderator team, I think they may be incorrect.  If you've received the texts, you should be eligbile.  Try giving Koodo a call, or visiitng a Koodo retail location.  Or, you could go to koodomobile.com, use the Shop menu to choose Bring Your Own Phone.  Click Add to Cart to add the SIM card to your cart.  Click on "Let's get started" under "I'm New".  On the right hand side you should see blue text that says Got a Promo Code?  Click it, enter the code you recevied via text message, and then enter your Public Mobile phone number when prompted, and click Apply.  If you get the message "Oops! This validation code isn't valid. Make sure you've entered the correct info. Codes are case sensitive", then the moderators are correct and you aren't eligible for some reason.  

The problem is when I enter my phone number on the Koodo site it is not validating. I contacted the Moderators about a month ago to correct the problem but they were unable to help me apparently. The issue stems from me buying the plan from someone that lived out of province. I ported in my own local number AFTER PM already provided Koodo with the list of eligible numbers. I started receiving the offer texts with the 6GB offer so I thought the problem was solved but my number is still not validating. Seems like an easy fix to me; just add my number into the system to make it eligible. Not sure why they can't do it for me.

Wonder_why

@MyzMcwrote:

I should really un-subscribe from this thread. The Koodo plan will cost you more. Very small % of people got $100 referral credits. Most people got $25 referral. If you were referred, you would get the $25 referral credit and that would not cover you for the $3/month savings (prepay, 1 year loyalty) for even 1 year. If you start referring people for $25, that would about breakeven with referring people at PM (seems PM was giving ~$2/month off per referral for 90day plans). However, the PM awards stay forever whereas Koodo will presumably take them after 1 year. The plan is great, but it will cost you more.

And the $100 credit for transferring over is only supposed to cover the average remaining prepay + sim card.  Assume that breakevens on average.

And you can qualify for Koodo promotions even if you are a PM user.

@MyzMc where were you when Koodo was offering $100 refferal , you snooze you lose bud Cat Happy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Darkwrote:

Would be nice to take advantage of this offer but was told by moderators that I am not eligible even though I am on the $120/12GB plan and I have been receiving the offer texts...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kaiyo

@MyzMc

How is it wrong?

You get $100 bill credit for migrating from this PM plan to the Koodo plan. Then you have $25 credit pretty much easily for being referred by someone. 

Averaged out over 2 years (who know what plans will be available in 2 years time). Koodo can be cheaper. It depends how many referral you have on PM (and if any of them migrated). 

Getting 1 referral on PM = $1 off / 30 day (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Refer-a-Friend-Reward/m-p/411#M4), it would take 25 months to match Koodo's $25/referral. that referral would have to be with PM for the whole duration

The Koodo credits are before taxes.

Look at my calculations carefully. 

MyzMc

@Kaiyo

Your calculations are all wrong and already explained in my message.

$100 transfer credit was supposed to represent some sort of breakeven amount for losing prepaid service + new sim card - assume this on average is not part of the calculation.

PM has been frequently giving $2/referral/month for 90d service.

Further, do these Koodo credits paid down your bill before tax (like PM) or after tax.  If after tax, it's much worse.

Kaiyo

@MyzMcwrote:
I should really un-subscribe from this thread. The Koodo plan will cost you more. Very small % of people got $100 referral credits. Most people got $25 referral. If you were referred, you would get the $25 referral credit and that would not cover you for the $3/month savings (prepay, 1 year loyalty) for even 1 year. If you start referring people for $25, that would about breakeven with referring people at PM (seems PM was giving ~$2/month off per referral for 90day plans). However, the PM awards stay forever whereas Koodo will presumably take them after 1 year. The plan is great, but it will cost you more.

You get $100 migration credit for porting from this promo + referrals.

Koodo

$40 x 24 = $960 - $100 credit - $25 referral = $835/24 = $34.79 + tax/month

+ other credits you can get for getting a phone. On this plan you can get a medium tab in the future if you want too. + additional 2gb per month

PM

($120 - $6 [autopay] - $7.5 loyalty credit* [avg between 2 years] - $3 [assuming you have 1 referral]) * 8.1 [theres 4.05 x 90 days in a year] = $838.35/24 =  34.93 + tax / month

It would take 25 months to get 1 PM referral to equal $25.

@*loyalty credit is assuming $6 + $9 (2nd year and 3rd year). most should be a little into the first year still which is still @$3. 

-This is for 2 years. 

@MyzMc  Yea, it only works for those with high data usage.  Otherwise long run PM is cheaper.  Man Happy

MyzMc

And the $100 credit for transferring over is only supposed to cover the average remaining prepay + sim card.  Assume that breakevens on average.

And you can qualify for Koodo promotions even if you are a PM user.

Kaiyo

@MoreYummywrote:

@Kaiyo shopping time then.   It is probably varies alot locally and depends which store do the activation.

Most store offer bonus during weekends. Check out WOW (they give prepaid credit card), Walmart (walmart gc), The Mobile Shop ( PC points).

If you need referral let me know 🙂 

@Kaiyo  shopping time then.   It is probably varies alot locally and depends which store do the activation.

Kaiyo

@MoreYummywrote:

So you do get some discount depends on what phone and where you activate it...  

Yes, depends on phone and place. eg. walmart has $225 gc + ($100 bonus during weekends). You can get iphone 6 with 0 up front with a $10/m tab.

So you do get some discount depends on what phone and where you activate it...  

Kaiyo

@MoreYummywrote:

What medium tab phone you get?  

Their tab system charge you monthly fee anyway, do they provide discount without paying medium tab fee?

some phones has free credit to bring the phone to $0 up front like the Essential phone; $0 down $15/month for 24 months = $360 + tax

or some phones are free up front plus you get free gift card (+bonus during weekends) ~$200 to ~$300 w/activation at 3rd party stores. With a tab of $10/m for 24months = $240 + tax. So you either end up almost breaking even or  earning a bit. More if you resell it. 

What medium tab phone you get?  

Their tab system charge you monthly fee anyway, do they provide discount without paying medium tab fee?

@Wonder_whywrote:

@will13amwrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

@Kaiyo actually $500 but Koodo max $300 😃 oh well, can not complain 😋

Boy you are trigger happy with the double posts.  Yeah, I was able to max out a line but didn't fully understand all the rules with multiple lines in an account.  I kept on issuing referrals from one line and was receiving nothing while another line could have pick up some referrals that would earn something. 

Overall, I have to say the Koodo referral system is intended to make obtaining a reward extremely difficult.  I have so many referral at step 1 only.  A lot of people don't understand the need to complete step 2.  Those emails from koodo could have gone to the spam folder also.  There will be a lot of unhappy faces in about 8 weeks time. 

@will13am you could spoons feed them 😃😄

I try where I can.  I had a friend that kept on insisting he's finished with the referral process.  I continue to see an awaiting status on my referral list.  I had to yell at the guy to get him to "do it twice".  He goes to the enter phone number email and then realizes this was not done yet.  D'oh.

Wonder_why

@will13amwrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

Boy you are trigger happy with the double posts.  Yeah, I was able to max out a line but didn't fully understand all the rules with multiple lines in an account.  I kept on issuing referrals from one line and was receiving nothing while another line could have pick up some referrals that would earn something. 

Overall, I have to say the Koodo referral system is intended to make obtaining a reward extremely difficult.  I have so many referral at step 1 only.  A lot of people don't understand the need to complete step 2.  Those emails from koodo could have gone to the spam folder also.  There will be a lot of unhappy faces in about 8 weeks time. 

@will13am you could spoons feed them 😃😄

Wonder_why

@Kaiyo will do,if anyone ask again referral from me 👌👍

Kaiyo

@catshetwrote:

Ah that means it will contribute to paying my tab as well for Pixel 2 right? That's pretty sweet

doesn't make a difference does it?

catshet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ah that means it will contribute to paying my tab as well for Pixel 2 right? That's pretty sweet

Kaiyo

@catshetwrote:

Does that mean that let's say, I decide to get the Google Pixel 2 XL, whatever is left of the $100 credit after my bill will go towards paying off the phone?

A bit confused, if my first bill is $50, does the rest of the $50 gets transferred to pay for the next bill?

the $100 credit goes to the bill, until depleted. 

catshet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does that mean that let's say, I decide to get the Google Pixel 2 XL, whatever is left of the $100 credit after my bill will go towards paying off the phone?

A bit confused, if my first bill is $50, does the rest of the $50 gets transferred to pay for the next bill?

@Wonder_whywrote:

Kaiyo

@Wonder_why you're trying to edit but posting new comment instead, lol

Need Help? Let's chat.