Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just got a text 6GB for $40

GOKOODO406GB

ublic Mobile here. Con: A deal this good won't last too long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for . Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

475 REPLIES 475

Wonder_why

Oops! Double posts again hehes

Wonder_why

@Kaiyo actually $500 but Koodo max $300 😃 oh well, can not complain 😋

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Wonder_whywrote:

I max my referral $300 😃🤗🤑 

Lucky you! Then, if you get any referrals you can throw them my way 😃

Wonder_why

Double post ops!!!

Wonder_why

I max my referral $300 😃🤗🤑 

@MoreYummywrote:

What kind of credit does koodoo provide now to moving to them?

On top of the Koodo supplied credits, some retailers such as Walmart and WoW offer various credits for taking a certain phone on tab at time of sign up.  I have seen credits as high as $325 from Walmart which pretty much yields a free phone on medium tab.  These store offered credits change day to to day and are not advertised.  You gotta shop around. 

@catshetwrote:

Since the offer is still there, I want to make the switch. But I have one month left and data left, what happens with that? The next PM payment is April 28, does that mean I will basically lose the money for that month? I know this has probably been answer but I am not sure how to search it effectively without having to go through every page to find out. 

Thanks.

The $100 bill credit is supposed to cover for financial losses such as paid but unused service.  You can't have it all ways.  I moved a couple of account that had April expiry in lafe February and actually came out ahead doing so.  I got to take advantage of the $100 referral window and the increased bill credit for hardware.  Sometimes, it is all about the bigger picture over the little stuff. 

Anyway, all indications are the extension will run until end of March.  Don't drag things out too long.

Kaiyo

@MoreYummywrote:

If you have the 12gb/90 $40 PM plan you get a $100 migration credit. And on top of that you can get $25 referral credit (if you need one let me know). And you can get a phone on medium tab. There's bonus giftcard/points promos at stores eg. walmart, the mobile shop, wow. etc for getting a phone w/ the plan.

Kaiyo

@catshetwrote:

Since the offer is still there, I want to make the switch. But I have one month left and data left, what happens with that? The next PM payment is April 28, does that mean I will basically lose the money for that month? I know this has probably been answer but I am not sure how to search it effectively without having to go through every page to find out. 

Thanks.

Yes,  you lose out of that month, you can try waiting but no one knows when the end date of the promo is.

Edit : that's what the $100 migration credit is for, to cover your losses. + the referral credit you can get. 

catshet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks.

MEU_21

Wonder_why

I am not eligible even though I am on the $120/12GB plan and I have been receiving the offer texts...

@Dark you can go to Koodo store and show your texts messages,I am sure you will eligible the Promo, nothing to lose for trying but is worth the try .

Dark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would be nice to take advantage of this offer but was told by moderators that I am not eligible even though I am on the $120/12GB plan and I have been receiving the offer texts...

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@cartic I have made the switch and if you are on the 12GB LTE over 90 days, then your phone number is the verification code. You imput in the format 4161111111.

MEU_21

@srlawrenwrote:

@computergeek541 that's what you get for using IE! Come on man, it's 2018, what kind of a computer geek are you, anyway? 😉 Just teasing of course but yeah IE is terrible. I still love chrome even though it's a resource hog. Modern FireFox is a good choice probably. 

At least its not Netscape. LOL

cartic

Got the code to be accepted, but now it's requesting a confirmation number and doesn't like my phone number. lol. Go figure.

Ah well.I tried.

Jamar_so_far
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thats exactly it. The referral bonus from my wife, compounded with a 100$ bill credit and increased data (6gb) instead of 4 for the same price sealed it for me. Plus you upgrade to an actual call centre is a bonus as well. Overall I definitely enjoyed my time (allbeit short) at Public, but after the initial screw you fiasco (which we fought and won), they upped the ante and I have no problem taking the deal this time. 

E.g., moving across, I can get the Essential Phone for $235!!! regardless of some of it's initial problems at launch, a lot of it has been fixed and the specs are the same as a google pixel 2. 

So long Public! 

@srlawrenwrote:

@computergeek541 that's what you get for using IE! Come on man, it's 2018, what kind of a computer geek are you, anyway? 😉 Just teasing of course but yeah IE is terrible. I still love chrome even though it's a resource hog. Modern FireFox is a good choice probably. 

At least I'm not using Edge.  Internet Explorer still does not work properly for the Public Mobile Community ever since the introduction of "Simon" (constant pop ups of the chat window after closing it).  For me, Internet Explorer is more of a Netflix thing as the 2 Microsoft browsers are the only ones that working at 1080p resolution.

Go figure. I reboot and now the code works. I can't explain why this computer glitch only affected IE.

Kaiyo

Weird I tried Internet Explorer and Edge, and it works for me. lol

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Kaiyowrote:

@computergeek541wrote:

@Himaxwrote:

I have received a message on 16th March extending for the 6GB for $40 offer. However, the offer closing date is not mentioned. Also, the customer service at Koodo are telling the offer is closed. What to do if I want to switch?

confirmed

The offer is no longer valid.  If you try to order online using the $40 6GB code, the code now comes back as being invalid. 

It still works. it's GOKOODO406GB. go koodo 4 zero 6 gb all caps- no spaces

Sorry, false alarm

You're right.  The code does still work, but for me, only when using a certain web browser. It wasn't a matter of me copying it wrong. I even just copy and pasted it into Internet Explorer and tried an order on Small Tab for a Samsung A8 and it says invalid code.  I turn around and do the exact same thing in Firefox and the code is working.

Update: I just tried again after clearing all Internet Explorer caches and history and even closed the web browser.  The promo code is still showing as invalid for me in Internet Explorer 11.  " This promo code is invalid with this phone. It is also invalid with Bring Your Own Phone. Please look at your offer details for the eligible phones."

Kaiyo

@computergeek541wrote:

@Himaxwrote:

I have received a message on 16th March extending for the 6GB for $40 offer. However, the offer closing date is not mentioned. Also, the customer service at Koodo are telling the offer is closed. What to do if I want to switch?

confirmed

The offer is no longer valid.  If you try to order online using the $40 6GB code, the code now comes back as being invalid. 

It still works. it's GOKOODO406GB. go koodo 4 zero 6 gb all caps- no spaces

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Sorry @cartic the 6gb for $40 Koodo plan is only targeted to people on what used to be known as the 2016 Fall Promo plan at Public Mobile, the one that @Kaiyo described. I'm surprised that Telus did not extend the offer on your code as well. I'm fairly confident we will see future migration campaigns still, so hopefully you will be included in one. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cartic

Tried that before 🙂

Didn't work, but thanks for offering to assist.

Kaiyo

@carticwrote:

No. On PM 6GB 90days

Then this offer is not availible for you. But you can try your number anyways to see if it works.

Go to koodomobile.com and go under shop > bring your own device 

then add the sim card to your cart, click let's get started in the pop up. click on "Got a promo code?" enter GOKOODO406GB, then in the field below enter your PM phone number.

I doubt it will work but you won't know unless you try. 

cartic

No. On PM 6GB 90days $135 billing

Kaiyo

@carticwrote:

How do I go about getting this offer? The best I received was 4GB for $45 which has since expired.

Are you on PM12gb/90 days $40 plan?

cartic

How do I go about getting this offer? The best I received was 4GB for $45 which has since expired.

Need Help? Let's chat.