Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just got a text 6GB for $40

GOKOODO406GB

ublic Mobile here. Con: A deal this good won't last too long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for . Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

475 REPLIES 475

Kaiyo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have sent you a private message detailing the process. 

Himax
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have no clue how to use your reference...I believe, I will need to give your name or cell no?

Kaiyo

I believe they have it today. 

Remember you need to sign up for referral process before you get the plan. 

Himax

When is the next bonus weekend at Walmart? Also how do I use reference?

Himax

Also, how do I use your reference. We are on a community platform now.

Himax

Thank you. When is the next bonus weekend from Walmart.

@Kaiyowrote:

@Himaxwrote:

I have received a message on 16th March extending for the 6GB for $40 offer. However, the offer closing date is not mentioned. Also, the customer service at Koodo are telling the offer is closed. What to do if I want to switch?

Do it in stores (@ Koodo, Walmart, wow, best buy etc) Walmart generally has bonus giftcard (weekends)  if you get a phone or you can order online.

If you need a referral let me know

Kaiyo

@Himaxwrote:

I have received a message on 16th March extending for the 6GB for $40 offer. However, the offer closing date is not mentioned. Also, the customer service at Koodo are telling the offer is closed. What to do if I want to switch?

Do it in stores (@ Koodo, Walmart, wow, best buy etc) [Walmart generally has bonus giftcard (weekends)  if you get a phone]  or you can order online.

If you need a referral let me know

Himax

To be fair, Public Mobile has always appeared honest and transparent and - as far as their service model allows - very willing to promptly assist customers.

Yet every day new PM customers arrive with questions about "basic stuff" that they weren't informed about or they misunderstood.  Continually surprised by details like no-refunds-on-prepaid-service and no-way-to-contact-PM-other-than-msgs, etc.  Which suggests that PM could (and should) somehow do a better job of communicating - simple stuff like knowing that most people don't bother to read the boring Terms of Service fine print so maybe the "important" details should somehow be more clearly stated somewhere else.

And then there are instances where surprises appear after a promise of "no surprises", another issue altogether.  I'm not bashing PM, just pointing out that it does pretty well but it's still far from perfect.  And Koodo ain't any better.  It's a cut-throat industry.

Here's how my cancelled switch to Koodo ended up:

I ordered a new phone and sim on March 6th, tried to cancel by e-mail on March 10th, and then tried to cancel by phone on March 13th, only to be told that they can't cancel the order because it was already shipped.  Well, on March 20th, I found that wasn't actually true and the webstore e-mail me back and said that after checking with the shipping department, they were able to cancel my order.  After 2 full weeks, they still had not shipped anything.   So, I wasn't really impressed with the inaccurate information provided to me by Koodo, with the shipment delays (although I ended up cancelling the order),  nor with the 1+ week to reply to an e-mail.   I realize the webstore must have been slammed,  but this just goes to show everyone that the "full" service at Koodo vs. the "self serve" customer service of Public Mobile doesn't always mean that you'll get better or faster service.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ludditewrote:

Yes, that plus 60 day window for acceptance and no big stick would have been needed. So much less angst would have been generated.

hopefully lesson learned.

Yes, that plus 60 day window for acceptance and no big stick would have been needed. So much less angst would have been generated.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

torontokris

@Xevynwrote:

It's amazing what's transpired over the past month...I wonder if as many people would have made the switch if the "surprise" fiasco didn't happen first?

Or was it all just part of Telus' master plan to move as many people away from PM as possible Smiley Wink

I think the PM raise was a lesson for them. Had they just offered a 5gb plan lots of people would have switched

Kaiyo

@Xevynwrote:

It's amazing what's transpired over the past month...I wonder if as many people would have made the switch if the "surprise" fiasco didn't happen first?

Or was it all just part of Telus' master plan to move as many people away from PM as possible Smiley Wink

The $100 referral credit + $100 migration credit, and being able to get phone on med tab, enticed me. With more data too

Xevyn

boywithnoname
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's not me who got the text offer, it was my brother. I don't know what his data usage is so I can't say definitively whether the switch to Koodo would be beneficial for him in terms of data usage. 

mimmo

@boywithnoname how close to the 4gb do you get? Do you need news phones soon? 

Currently you are probably paying 36 or 37$.  Vs 38 (after considering 25$ referal and 1/2 migration bonus.

I would say koodo is probably the better choice.  

long-distance prices with pm are very reasonable compare to koodo though.

Kaiyo

@boywithnonamewrote:

He has me as a referral on PM. 

He used to be with Koodo and then switched to PM when they offered th plan he has now. And I guess he's big worry is just switching back to Koodo. Although it's all under the Telus umbrella. With the extension offer, it gives him more time to think about it though. I have a feeling he will make the switch though.

If you or your brother needs a Koodo referral link send me a pm =D

boywithnoname

He has me as a referral on PM. 

He used to be with Koodo and then switched to PM when they offered th plan he has now. And I guess he's big worry is just switching back to Koodo. Although it's all under the Telus umbrella. With the extension offer, it gives him more time to think about it though. I have a feeling he will make the switch though.

Kaiyo

@boywithnonamewrote:

No it's not the referral he's worried about enticing him.

Does he have a lot of referrals on Pm?  With the Koodo migration credit + referral, the price should be the same for the first couple of years if he doesn't have any referral on PM.  You also get more data, and Canada wide calling. 

boywithnoname

No it's not the referral he's worried about enticing him.

Kaiyo

@boywithnonamewrote:

My brother who is also on Public Mobile was also one of the many users who received notification of this new deal to switch to Koodo. He is still struggling with the idea of switching as well.

Does he need a referral to entice him? 

boywithnoname

My brother who is also on Public Mobile was also one of the many users who received notification of this new deal to switch to Koodo. He is still struggling with the idea of switching as well.

torontokris

@Kaiyowrote:

You should edit all their post to say private message *me* if they want referral link 😄

We should edit the referral posts to say "I'm a loser" that may stop them.

torontokris

@Foxjig1wrote:

It's free real estate use as much and as you like Man Tongue

It's actualy not free real estate to be posting referral links. 

Kaiyo

You should edit all their post to say private message *me* if they want referral link 😄

Foxjig1

It's free real estate use as much and as you like Man Tongue

I am removing links whenever I see them.  That is all I can do with is edit posts

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mimmowrote:

I think the big rush for referals ended when  the 100$ referals went bye bye.

I agree.  But it's evident that many people are still motivating towards their $300 referral limit.  And, as new Koodo customers, they are no longer concerned with the Public Mobile forums serving them as anything other than an advertising venue.

It's very telling that Koodo has its own forums.  On which they actively prohibit referral spams.

And other sites (like RFD) have also disallowed referral spams.

Surprising that PM hasn't announced any policy about this, either way.

mimmo

I think the big rush for referals ended when  the 100$ referals went bye bye.

Need Help? Let's chat.