Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just got a text 6GB for $40

GOKOODO406GB

ublic Mobile here. Con: A deal this good won't last too long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for . Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

475 REPLIES 475

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

LOL Does anyone have an SPC card number to share?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite I'll remove link once/if I get a couple referrals.

@mimmowrote:

@Luddite I'll add my link then.

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/ak3LN1m-LGaL8kz

Yup, it still says $100. Maybe all is not lost for movers, though you will certainly max out at $300 for the year.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

@angelaseg's link still seems to be offering $100 so please leave it alone.

mimmo

Looks like the 100 is still working for me. Just did a couple using aliases.  Pm your email address and can try to set you up.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

looks like the $100 referral credit had dropped to $25.

$100 migration credit is still there. Looks like I'm waiting for the next round

At this time, there is nothing changing for those on the Fall 2016 Promo, after the 15th.

If you continue to subscribe, it's still the same price.  I'm renewing this weekend, so my 90 days is going to be fine until sometime mid-June.

Xevyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone here tried getting the offer but not switch?  (i.e. Get the Koodo offer with a new number, wait to see what happens after the 15th and then either cancel Koodo or go through with porting your PM number).

@srlawrenwrote:

@ac2000 you could wait as long as you like, but your Koodo cycle will begin the day they ship you the sim card. So, really no reason to do so .

only one reason I can think of

Someome may wish to use up as much as the remaining Public Mobile data so that the Koodo data doesn't start getting consumed until later.

@jayemgeewrote:

I was really stupid and when I bought my SIM for koodo I chose to get a new number. Does anyone know if I'm still able to port my number once I get my SIM in the mail? I really don't want to lose my number. Does PM close my account automatically once my Koodo sim is activated?

No. Why wouls your Public Mobile account close?   Since you took a new number at Koodo, you could, in tneory keep botj services.  Additionally, I do not see any conditions that state that you must port your phone number to get the Koodo plan.

You can port your number to Koodo any time you wish as long as you haven't already done a phone number change request during that billing cycle.  Your Public service will deactivate by itself after the number transfer to Koodo.

Wonder_why

@steven1979wrote:

@torchwrote:

I switched about a week ago and was on 5GB / $40 plan. Called in this morning and the first girl wasn't able to make the switch, so passed me through to the Escalations girl, who happily switched me straight away. Now on 6GB / $40. yay!

Same here. The first girl didn't want to change for me. So I asked for talking to her supervisor. Then the guy just changed for me without any extra cost.lol

@steven1979 sweet talk work every time for me 😄

Wonder_why

@steven1979wrote:

@torchwrote:

I switched about a week ago and was on 5GB / $40 plan. Called in this morning and the first girl wasn't able to make the switch, so passed me through to the Escalations girl, who happily switched me straight away. Now on 6GB / $40. yay!

Same here. The first girl didn't want to change for me. So I asked for talking to her supervisor. Then the guy just changed for me without any extra cost.lol

@steven1979 sweet talk work every time for me 😄

steven1979

@torchwrote:

mimmo

@angelaseg they are going to delete your link.  Please follow the rules.

angelaseg

Get $100 when signing up online, here's a referral if you need it: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/Zy1clzi-LGaL8kz

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jayemgeewrote:

I was really stupid and when I bought my SIM for koodo I chose to get a new number. Does anyone know if I'm still able to port my number once I get my SIM in the mail? I really don't want to lose my number. Does PM close my account automatically once my Koodo sim is activated? 

You actually get a new number either way, you do the actual porting in after you receive the SIM, in Self-Serve if the process hasn't changed.

jayemgee

srlawren

@ac2000 porting will automatically close your Public Mobile account .

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ac2000

thanks everyone for your insight. 

now how would I cancel my Public Mobile 120 days - 12 gbs plan?

do I have to notify them? or it will be automatically cancelled when I port my number.

@blingamowrote:

Thanks, but i tcan take up to 10days for the SIM to arrive by that time the Promo has expired.

I don't think that's how it will work. The moment you click "buy" after entering all the codes and PM phone number you will get confirmation of the order and Koodo is committed. Your monthly cycle begins the day they ship the SIM. Or if you are willing to forego the $100 referral just go to a Koodo kiosk and it will be done immediately. Apparently if have registered for a referral credit, you get $25 if you do it at a kisosk.

Good luck.

Wonder_why

@ac2000wrote:

Hi guys, 

So I just signed up online for the $100 referral and to get the $100 credit. 

The sim card will be on it's way. Can't I just not activate my 6 GB for $40 Koodo plan until my Public Mobile prepaid period ends?

That way I get the best of both worlds 😄 

@ac2000 if you don't activated by March 10th I believe or your referral will be absoluted

( edited ) How long are referrals valid?
Once you receive your referral, you'll have 30 days to redeem your offer (by entering your name and email address into the referral system). After you've redeemed your offer, you have 30 days to: (1) buy a phone or SIM card and activate on a postpaid rate plan; and (2) log back into the referral system and provide your mobile phone number. You can find the link to enter your phone number in the confirmation email you received after redeeming your offer.

torontokris

@emailwendyhuangwrote:

Does anyone know Koodo's terms and condistions? How about if Koodo increases the price shortly after switch?

It's possible with 30 days notice.

"Yes, Koodo has the right to change any of the terms that are outlined in your Agreement, except those covered by the Price Guarantee, which we will not change without your consent.

Before we make any changes, we will give you at least thirty days' written notice, by bill message, text message or email. "

Foxjig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Expect some losses, that's why they are giving $100 credit. Now how you minimize them is up to your intelligence and wit.

srlawren

@ac2000 you could wait as long as you like, but your Koodo cycle will begin the day they ship you the sim card. So, really no reason to do so .

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ac2000

Hi guys, 

So I just signed up online for the $100 referral and to get the $100 credit. 

The sim card will be on it's way. Can't I just not activate my 6 GB for $40 Koodo plan until my Public Mobile prepaid period ends?

That way I get the best of both worlds 😄 

@emailwendyhuangwrote:

Does anyone know Koodo's terms and condistions? How about if Koodo increases the price shortly after switch?

https://www.koodomobile.com/service-terms

emailwendyhuang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

blingamo

Thanks, but i tcan take up to 10days for the SIM to arrive by that time the Promo has expired.

@angelaseg, would you mind not posting so many referral links?

Need Help? Let's chat.