cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: 6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

My issue with current $100 online referral system - I have 7 familiy members to move. In order to move everyone and take advantage of the self referring, we need to:

- order online
- wait for sim in mail
- activate
- refer next line

We have to do this 3 times to get everyone since you can only refer 2 others ($300 max). With the current backlog I doubt this will happen in time. No one needs the extra data and no one needs the Cda Wide. The only reason is the massive credits associated with this promo. Who knows when the $100 referral promo will end - could get caught in the middle there as well. But if we can't given the timelines, everyone is happy to stay and wait for the next promo.

We have one SIM ordered, if the delivery is slow as warned by Koodo, it will be a simple cancelation

Highlighted
Oracle

@smp99wrote:
My issue with current $100 online referral system - I have 7 familiy members to move. In order to move everyone and take advantage of the self referring, we need to:

- order online
- wait for sim in mail
- activate
- refer next line

We have to do this 3 times to get everyone since you can only refer 2 others ($300 max). With the current backlog I doubt this will happen in time. No one needs the extra data and no one needs the Cda Wide. The only reason is the massive credits associated with this promo. Who knows when the $100 referral promo will end - could get caught in the middle there as well. But if we can't given the timelines, everyone is happy to stay and wait for the next promo.

We have one SIM ordered, if the delivery is slow as warned by Koodo, it will be a simple cancelation

i am having a similar question dilemma but only 2-3 lines.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh man. The offers to switch to Koodo just keep getting sweeter and yet more aggressive. All the chatter about shutting down PM/getting rid of rewards/dropping LTE service/future price increases is confusing and stressful. Also, as far as I can tell it is all speculation at this point. 

I would take this latest offer except I really like being on a prepaid 90 day plan. My data usage is typically way way below the 12GB for most of the year, however it ramps up considerably in the summer at the cottage. Unfortunately, PM was unable to provide me with past billing cycles' data usage, so I can't determine whether the 6GB per month offered on the latest Koodo plan will be enough for my summer usage. I have started keeping track of my monthly usage on a spreadsheet, but it will be several months before I have a useful level of data. So too late to take advantage of this offer, obviously.

Another reason I like being on prepaid so much is that I am often very close to the US border and am not sophisticated enough to be certain that I will not be accidentally roaming. This is impossible on the PM plan. I like the certainty of knowing that my phone will only accesss services I have paid for. This is also useful when I travel. I can't incur any charges because I stupidly turn on my phone when I land and get hit with  jet-lagged user brain dead roaming.

I was really happy with PM plans, rewards and community until their misguided attempt to raise the price on the Fall2016 90 day/12GB/$120 plan. Even though PM reversed this decision, now I feel uncertainty and a lack of trust with them. All these "switch to Koodo" offers aren't helping me feel confident in PM. All this to say that I really like the plan I have with PM and wish it could go on forever as was promised when I signed up.

Highlighted

@MrPantswrote:

Oh man. The offers to switch to Koodo just keep getting sweeter and yet more aggressive. All the chatter about shutting down PM/getting rid of rewards/dropping LTE service/future price increases is confusing and stressful. Also, as far as I can tell it is all speculation at this point. 

I would take this latest offer except I really like being on a prepaid 90 day plan. My data usage is typically way way below the 12GB for most of the year, however it ramps up considerably in the summer at the cottage. Unfortunately, PM was unable to provide me with past billing cycles' data usage, so I can't determine whether the 6GB per month offered on the latest Koodo plan will be enough for my summer usage. I have started keeping track of my monthly usage on a spreadsheet, but it will be several months before I have a useful level of data. So too late to take advantage of this offer, obviously.

Another reason I like being on prepaid so much is that I am often very close to the US border and am not sophisticated enough to be certain that I will not be accidentally roaming. This is impossible on the PM plan. I like the certainty of knowing that my phone will only accesss services I have paid for. This is also useful when I travel. I can't incur any charges because I stupidly turn on my phone when I land and get hit with  jet-lagged user brain dead roaming.

I was really happy with PM plans, rewards and community until their misguided attempt to raise the price on the Fall2016 90 day/12GB/$120 plan. Even though PM reversed this decision, now I feel uncertainty and a lack of trust with them. All these "switch to Koodo" offers aren't helping me feel confident in PM. All this to say that I really like the plan I have with PM and wish it could go on forever as was promised when I signed up.

I think I'm going to wait it out and see what comes down the pipe.  If they do decide to cancel PM or get rid of LTE on PM then I figure the worse that could happen is that they offer an equivalent post paid monthly plan with Koodo.  Sure I may regret not jumping on the 6GB promo but if it happens - this will pretty much guarantee that I will switch to a different provider as soon as a better deal comes along...

Highlighted

I switched about a week ago and was on 5GB / $40 plan. Called in this morning and the first girl wasn't able to make the switch, so passed me through to the Escalations girl, who happily switched me straight away. Now on 6GB / $40. yay!

Highlighted

Get $100 referral credit when you sign up online, here is a referral if you need one:

PLEASE DO NOT POST REFERRAL LINKS THEY WILL BE REMOVED

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@angelaseg, would you mind not posting so many referral links?

Highlighted

Thanks, but i tcan take up to 10days for the SIM to arrive by that time the Promo has expired.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does anyone know Koodo's terms and condistions? How about if Koodo increases the price shortly after switch?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@emailwendyhuangwrote:

Does anyone know Koodo's terms and condistions? How about if Koodo increases the price shortly after switch?

https://www.koodomobile.com/service-terms