cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6GB for $40 is HERE!

db519
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got the text from PM! This is official!

USE THIS CODE:

GOKOODO406GB

EDIT: Just called Koodo. I was previously on the 5GB offering. I was courteous and asked for the 6GB that just got announced. He was very aware of the new promo and just added an additional 1GB addon for 0$, that way they did not have to 'rip and rebuild' the account to get the new coupon code.. he made it very clear that this offer was good for lifetime. Good luck everyone! 🙂

koodo.PNG

23 REPLIES 23

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Garrywrote:

Thanks for keeping the conversation going...........

Called CSR and got the change made from 5GB to 6GB(not an add-on). Had to agree to a one time $10 charge(which I did).

I would've argued with them over that, considering there was no way to do it yourself on self-serve.

Most people got it without the fee AFAIK.

CanPark

My 4gb/$40 plan changed to 6gb/$40 too.

themisfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was able to switch to this new plan from the 5GB. They’re being very sticky about it though. It took some sweet talking and I had to escalate. Basically if you ported over more than 15 days ago, they’re going to say no.

private message me if you need a referral link.

Garry

@db519wrote:

@Garrywrote:

Called CSR and got the change made from 5GB to 6GB(not an add-on). Had to agree to a one time $10 charge(which I did).

Garry,

When was your account created? I ask because I just tried to do it myself online but couldn't because my bill cycle doesn't start till March 8th (only one account rate plan change per billing cycle). I would much rather have it without the addon.

@db519

My billing cycle with Koodo is 18th-17th because I have 2x 10gb lines with them.

I migrated the 3rd line PM to Koodo on Feb 26th or 28th. 

The support dept had to authorize the change, and imposed the subsequent charge.

db519

So you migrated into an existing account.. interesting.. Will phone back in a couple of days to see.

Garry

I made the switch around the 26th Feb, but I already had 2 lines with Koodo that renew on the 17th

EDIT: Sorry for double post coming!

db519

@Garrywrote:

Garry,

When was your account created? I ask because I just tried to do it myself online but couldn't because my bill cycle doesn't start till March 8th (only one account rate plan change per billing cycle). I would much rather have it without the addon.

Garry

db519

bill.PNGThere's that pesky asterisk!

ToniCipriani

Seems like now it's 1GB per 2 weeks, roughly.

Wait until end of my 120 days... I'll have $40/12GB? lol.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@torontokris there ya go

Screenshots and all lol

saje_ward

Yes there's taxes on the $120. No service fees. I end up paying about $118 and hubby is $121 every 90 days with our referrals and such.
@db519wrote:

Public mobile wasn't flat $120 either... you had taxes and I believe service fees.

saje_ward

Very cool. What is your total monthly cost on this plan? Is it pretty or post paid?
@db519wrote:

Just got the text from PM! This is official!

USE THIS CODE:

GOKOODO406GB

EDIT: Just called Koodo. I was previously on the 5GB offering. I was courteous and asked for the 6GB that just got announced. He was very aware of the new promo and just added an additional 1GB addon for 0$, that way they did not have to 'rip and rebuild' the account to get the new coupon code.. he made it very clear that this offer was good for lifetime. Good luck everyone! 🙂

koodo.PNG

j2018
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey! Do you have a referral for the 100$? 🙂 Thanks!

db519

Public mobile wasn't flat $120 either... you had taxes and I believe service fees.

saje_ward

This isn't a flat $40/m total though is it? As I recall from the last koodo deal there are additional fees and it shakes out to be more. My husband and I don't use all of our 12G of data now so are not particularly keen to jump to a bigger plan just for the sake of it.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I just got mine as well. That is troubling now . 

saje_ward

So is the new plan pre or post paid? I've actually come to enjoy the "no surprises" aspect of pre-paid. My text says they want my ID.Screenshot_2018-03-06-14-31-53.png

cricketfan

So this is koodo's end game. Keep increasing the GB until everyone or 90% of the flock are ported. Nice.  I wonder if the guy who advised to increase the PM Fall 2016 promo was fired on spot or on probation 😛

Btw if anyone needs a Koodo referral. Don't be shy and just ask. I don't bite 😉 

MEU_21

"Public Mobile Here. Con: A deal this good won't last for long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you a choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo tab. And get a $100bill credit! Offer valid for XX (nothing in the text here). Redeem at the nearest Koodo location oronline at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions Apply"

Interesting!

PS: I got this text a LOT faster than the 4GB/$40 offer (i.e. 4 days after everyone else), so the line ahead of me has shortened considerably

shaner82
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wow.  Keeps getting better and better.  

Unlike the 5 GB one, looks like you can obtain this plan online, so don't forget the $100 referral, plus the $100 bill credit.  That's $200 for switching.  

If anyone needs a referral, just let me know.  

sbreakin

Really? 

This might start some calls to Koodo to up recent transfers including myself. I moved one account to Koodo & left other here to keep my wife's account simple.

Is it the same format as last official one we received? 

I'd suggest you copy the text here but presumably, we'll all get in soon & it'll get posted.

I wonder if it still offers $100 credit & medium TAB (Canad wide ...)

I can try inputting this code & wife's # to see what it says

spaceman

I was just coming here to write the same, so it is valid with the promo code

Need Help? Let's chat.