cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GB/$40 new Koodo offer for fall promo users

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A new Koodo offer for 5GB/$40 for the PM $120/12GB fall promo users. 

GOKOODO405GBBPO

Most are saying in store only not online. So if you receive a call try and negotiate for 5GB.

Also people saying it's a medium tab.

267 REPLIES 267

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bruorwrote:

Is this available to anyone that got the 40/4GB offer? Or do you have to be whitelisted for this deal separately?

No clue, but you should be able to get the deal if you're eligible for the 40/4GB offer. Some Koodo reps may say otherwise, but they're full of hot air.

bruor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is this available to anyone that got the 40/4GB offer? Or do you have to be whitelisted for this deal separately?

charlize9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How does it get on your account?

also... what's the difference between Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling or is there a detail I'm missing?

PhoneSeeker

@charlize9wrote:

Is this referral link good for any number of people or do we need to know the person's number to redeem it?

In other words, do I need to find someone I know to refer me so I can take advantage of the $50 credit?

They don't need to know a thing about you, it could even be from a stranger on the interwebs. They just need to send you a link by email or social media or whatever else.

charlize9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is this referral link good for any number of people or do we need to know the person's number to redeem it?

In other words, do I need to find someone I know to refer me so I can take advantage of the $50 credit?

@torontokriswrote:

Congrats that's the best option/price. If they provided that plan to the public there would be long lines. Why not try and steal more Rogers/bell customers? 

Little skirmishes do break out from time to time, killer promos, a few "new" customers sniped away from competitors.  But the big players are wary of getting too aggressive, they don't want to start the telecomm counterpart of a "gas war" which drives prices down for everybody.  Price hikes progress upwards very slowly because (as we've recently seen) they're actively resisted by customers, so the carriers focus on increasing ARPUs by increasing usage and by increasing device sales.

They really can't make their slice of the pie bigger unless a competitor fumbles.  Some customers change allegiance because they're seizing onto a fantastic promo/offer (or joining friends/family who are doing the same) ... but most customers change allegiance because they feel dissatisfied or screwed by their current carrier.

PhoneSeeker

Edit : duplicate

PhoneSeeker

@steven1979wrote:

Just tried at koodo store providing that prom code. It won't work. The koodo rep said they can only give me $40/4gb plan and he also mentioned this prom is not valid for all the provinces at least not for Ontario. Maybe I will try to call koodo customer service on Monday again to see what they can do.

That's just a sham. People from all over Canada have reported being able to get the 5 GB plan. If they told me that, I'd just walk away, not worth switching with no benefit (extra data). I'd probably try a few different Koodo locations until I find one that knows what they're doing.

steven1979

Just tried at koodo store providing that prom code. It won't work. The koodo rep said they can only give me $40/4gb plan and he also mentioned this prom is not valid for all the provinces at least not for Ontario. Maybe I will try to call koodo customer service on Monday again to see what they can do.

torontokris

@jrupanwrote:

yes @torontokris. I was trying to tell that, they were sent me current promotion after my billing cycle starts. that means, after I paid 135 for my bill they wants me to move to koodo for $45/4GB. Thankfully I got $40/5GB

Congrats that's the best option/price. If they provided that plan to the public there would be long lines. Why not try and steal more Rogers/bell customers? 

jrupan

yes @torontokris. I was trying to tell that, they were sent me current promotion after my billing cycle starts. that means, after I paid 135 for my bill they wants me to move to koodo for $45/4GB. Thankfully I got $40/5GB

torontokris

@zhadj030wrote:

@DealHunterwrote:

Is PM offering anything to counter offer?

What are you talking about, PM wants you to leave them, they want you to take the koodo plan, there is no counter 

@jrupan yes that's why these offers are coming telus is trying to get people to move up the value chain from prepaid to post paid. PM. Will not counter on fact they threatened to raise the price $10 for us 120/12gb users. Although that was redacted they still want us to move to Koodo. 

@DealHunterwrote:

What are you talking about, PM wants you to leave them, they want you to take the koodo plan, there is no counter 

jrupan

My plan in PM was $135/6GB 90days Canadawide minutes (- $15 autopay, loyalty, Referal). I got the same when I got the message(15days before before) saying I'll be elegible for 2GB for $45. I called Koodo and asked if they can offer more because I was paying to PM like $40/2GB but they said no.

after ported.png

I was planned to stay with PM. but when billing was on 23rd. because of my card expired for autopay, they suspended my line. when I was trying to pay with new card details, it didn't go. I called card company asked what happened they said it is because PM was trying with old expiry date. there was no option to update my expiry date on selfserve. (had very bad time. and felt why should I have in-person customer service). they suggested to delete creditcard and add new creditcard but didn't worked for me.

Later called Koodo and asked about the promotion. they said I will get $45/4GB. I said I got message saying 2GB. but they said it will be 4GB. so I went to Koodo store, confirmed with them I'll get this promo and asked them to port my number. but after spending sometime, they said I cannot be ported to Koodo because my line was suspended in PublicMobile. There's no way I will renew my 135Plan for changing Koodo. Koodo rep was trying with their side, no improvement. they topup some bucks and with $27 changed my plan with moderator to activate my line. and successfully ported my number to Koodo. Koodo rep was offered me $40/5GB (i don't care about tab)

my plan koodo.png

after long struggle and got ported the number to Koodo, PM sent me this promo to my number(even though after I moved to Koodo). since My cycle was the day I moved. trying to get another $135

1st message.png

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow, I go away to Vegas for one weekend and decide to check in and I see we're back to the chaos.

Looks like I got a lot of reading to do when I get back. 🙂

DealHunter

The msg about one of your Referrals leaving PM doesn't say who or when, which is a little unhelpful if you have multiple Referrals.

You also get a msg every time your plan renews (every 30 days or 90 days) which summarizes the Rewards applied to your account, so you can see how many (if any) Referral Rewards were applied.

TroyDaBes

I see. So you do get an SMS if one of your referrals left. I guess that's one good way to know if there are still with PM/

torontokris

@TroyDaBeswrote:

I'm actually interested on this but I'm still seeing my referrals on my account. I would assume they are still on Public Mobile? If they do leave, it will immediately removed on my account right? Or will I only see it once my plan is up?

Pm texted me sorry one of my referrals left. Not sure the delay in the text but that was a week after the first pm text came out. Anyways you don't have to wait for renewal to know that's my point.

TroyDaBes

I'm actually interested on this but I'm still seeing my referrals on my account. I would assume they are still on Public Mobile? If they do leave, it will immediately removed on my account right? Or will I only see it once my plan is up?

@PhoneSeekerwrote:

@will13amwrote:

@Vickelwrote:

This is a smart move by corporate

Offering the extra GB will make it hard to resist for people with little to no referrals. When they start leaving, the price plan for people who got those referral credit begins to climb back to the $37 mark. 

$40/5gb doesn't look to bad when you are paying $37/4gb

Bravo Telus, Bravo

I guess when you are there rule maker, mulligans are allowed.  They need to do one more, extend the window based on people's renewal date.  That would clean house as far as the desired migration goes.

And they need to make it official with a fancy text message with the specific 5GB code. Trying to get the 5GB promo has been YMMV and like pulling teeth for a lot of folks, with reps demanding to see a text message. I'm not sure how those who were called by Koodo with the offer can show proof either.

Yes, this migration could use a bit of consistency right about now.  I asked about the upgraded offer on Friday and got the cold shoulder from the agent at a Koodo kiosk.  Yesterday, I asked at a different Koodo kiosk and was told the new deal is available.  

ToniCipriani

@PhoneSeekerwrote:

@torontokriswrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

@Watoko yup promo code for validation works with 4GB or 5GB plan (not both)

So your number was intended for 4GB plan

But they will give 5GB over phone (ymmv) when you ask

That's not true. If you got the 4gb plan text your eligible for the 5gb plan in store or over the phone only. 

They're playing hardball over the phone now. If you switched to the 4GB plan before Feb 21 (apparently the 5GB promo has been active since then), then they won't upgrade you to the 5GB plan.

Just do it in store, people reported success. It never was available online anyways.

torontokris

@PhoneSeekerwrote:

@torontokriswrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

That's not true. If you got the 4gb plan text your eligible for the 5gb plan in store or over the phone only. 

They're playing hardball over the phone now. If you switched to the 4GB plan before Feb 21 (apparently the 5GB promo has been active since then), then they won't upgrade you to the 5GB plan.

Others have faught and got 1gb add on permanent. However still small tab not medium. 

PhoneSeeker

@torontokriswrote:

@kav2001cwrote:

ToniCipriani

@Vickelwrote:

Offering the extra GB will make it hard to resist for people with little to no referrals. When they start leaving, the price plan for people who got those referral credit begins to climb back to the $37 mark. 

Bravo Telus, Bravo

And chances are people who have no referrals are referred to PM in the first place, thus when they leave, starve off people who rely on referrals.

...but here I am without referrals, still unwilling to move, lol.

PhoneSeeker

@will13amwrote:

@Vickelwrote:

Bravo Telus, Bravo

I guess when you are there rule maker, mulligans are allowed.  They need to do one more, extend the window based on people's renewal date.  That would clean house as far as the desired migration goes.

And they need to make it official with a fancy text message with the specific 5GB code. Trying to get the 5GB promo has been YMMV and like pulling teeth for a lot of folks, with reps demanding to see a text message. I'm not sure how those who were called by Koodo with the offer can show proof either.

@Vickelwrote:

Bravo Telus, Bravo

Vickel

Bravo Telus, Bravo

torontokris

@kav2001cwrote:

torontokris

@Watokowrote:

Thanks for clarifying! Darn it, I got to ask for it. Why couldn't they just have handed it? I'm truly spoiled with PM at this point...

Actually that's incorrect the 5gb plan is not available online in store or phone only. If you got the 4gb email you should be able to get the 5gb. It won't show online.

Need Help? Let's chat.