cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous
Not applicable

So BC is on fire again. Like everywhere. Man this planet is screwed. Of course the planet itself will carry on without a worry.

Anyway...

I live in the interior of BC and I see a pretty good size plume going up. It seems closer. It seems new. I grab my cell phone nearby and try to call *5555. I get the peppy Public Mobile recording saying I need a calling plan or something. I have a calling plan. Unlimited NA.

I try the same thing with the spouses iphone on Telus and no problem.

Turns out the fire is actually 5 days old and further away and seems to be having a nice time flaring up.

But...um...shouldn't *5555 be available to all providers' customers?

@CS_Agent

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So BC is on fire again. Like everywhere. Man this planet is screwed. Of course the planet itself will carry on without a worry.

Anyway...

I live in the interior of BC and I see a pretty good size plume going up. It seems closer. It seems new. I grab my cell phone nearby and try to call *5555. I get the peppy Public Mobile recording saying I need a calling plan or something. I have a calling plan. Unlimited NA.

Turns out the fire is actually 5 days old and further away and seems to be having a nice time flaring up.

@CS_Agent

*5555 is added for Public Mobile as of October 15th - sorry for the delay!

Thank you.

@Alan_K wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyway...

@CS_Agent

Hey better late than never.  We will be ready for next year!!  Thank you for keeping us updated!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyway...

@CS_Agent

Alan_K

@Jorno wrote:

@Alan_K, any update?  Sadly, BC is still burning.

@Jorno I didn't forget, the shortcode is scheduled to be added in early September - mid September Smiley Happy will update again when it is enabled.

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alan_K, any update?  Sadly, BC is still burning.

s2scotty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@s2scotty is still here. I built up the *list,,, dunno what Jeremy had to do, or continue to do.

*MTP (Toronto Police), and *OPP, works here in Ontario as of three days ago.

Alan_K

Thanks @Anonymous, this is definitely important. I am looking into this and will get back to you with an update.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K also bringing this to your attention.  Please and thank you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous, thank you for bringing attention to this issue.  I live in BC as well and fully expected the *5555 service to report wildfires would work on Public Mobile.

@Brooke_C, please fix this issue ASAP!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. So I finally dug up this that the apparently now retired @Jeremy_M administered and user @s2scotty helped manage. That user hasn't posted since April so I don't know if he's (she's, it's, they're) still around.

It seems these kinds of codes need to be added into the system and that they're not universal.

I didn't know that.

I don't know who took over the role that Jeremy_M had here but maybe he might see this and make something happen.

Geezer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I guess you will have to use 1-800-663-5555.

Need Help? Let's chat.