Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: 5% Cash back on your Public Mobile Bill

@popping wrote:

@fibi200329 

Will I get 5% back if I pay my PM renewal fee using the available fund in my PM account?

Maybe your thinking cap is on the fritz. 🙂

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@fibi200329 

Will I get 5% back if I pay my PM renewal fee using the available fund in my PM account?

What is fritz?

If I enabled autopay on my $40 plan, $2 is added to my account as available fund before paying with my autopay cc.  5% of $38 is $1.9. -  Not $2.

Lot of long time PM subscribers with loyalty, refer-a-friend, autopay and community rewards, those subscribers are not paying $40 after the rewards.  If paying by available fund is not counted toward the cash back, some subscribers may not getting too much cash back.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

trying to link my card, but upon trying to it forces you onto the rbc site.... not sure it really will work without an rbc account

actually on a closer look im not seeing public listed in the brands at all, even searching within "all brands"

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thankyou @fibi200329 is this like Rakuten then?  Will look into it.

Highlighted

@fibi200329 thanks will look into this.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @popping , you are right - I believe it would be however much is charged to the associated payment card. So if you are on autopay and had other discounts it would be 5% x net amount. I was just using the $40 plan to illustrate a simple example.

However, I do see on the PM website that you can choose a one-time top up of any desired amount to keep in your account for future use so you could consider that as an option.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@popping wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@fibi200329 

What is fritz?

If I enabled autopay on my $40 plan, $2 is added to my account as available fund before paying with my autopay cc.  5% of $38 is $1.9. -  Not $2.

Lot of long time PM subscribers with loyalty, refer-a-friend, autopay and community rewards, those subscribers are not paying $40 after the rewards.  If paying by available fund is not counted toward the cash back, some subscribers may not getting too much cash back.

@popping 

Fritz

I had first written a reply that could have been read wrong as text. So I made a joke.

I interpreted your question that you wondered if you would get the cash back when you have available funds. Of course not. There is no transaction.

I am in agreement with the rest of your post here and your questioning the OP how they got $2 instead of $1.90 due to autopay toggled on.

Highlighted

Hi @Pawprints1986 ! 

Yes! This would be on top of the cash back you get with your existing card!

I am also a relatively new user on the app so unfortunately I can't confirm if the cashback amount fluctuates for PM. However in regards to your question about whether an RBC Card earns you a bonus, this does depend on the Brand Partner. For example, at Rexall, you do get a bonus 1% back for all purchased made using an RBC card. All the details about each brand's cash back can be found in the app.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted

Yes and no, with Rakuten I sometimes forget to go through the site and have missed out on cash back. However with this app, you only need to link your card once and any purchases made on that card going forward will automatically get you cash back! 🙂

Highlighted

@mpcdesign 

Yeah I tried to link it but it doesn’t have an option for KOHO. Kinda sucks but still good overall