cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

5% Cash back on your Public Mobile Bill

Hi All,

I’m not a frequent poster on here, but I came across something which I think is worth sharing with the community. 

I have an app called Ampli, which is a cash back app affiliated with RBC and recently saw that Public Mobile is now one of the cash back partner brands and offering 5% cash back on mobile phone plans and add ons. You just need to link the payment card (does not have to be RBC) you use to pay your PM bills to get your 5% cash back. I’ve added a screenshot of the offer from the app with details.

i.e. If you are on the $40 plan, that would be $2 additional back every month! 

Even though it’s not much, I hope some will find this helpful. I know we are all going through some stressful times right now.

E8F2641B-9516-496C-B029-A9E7E824E564.png

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: 5% Cash back on your Public Mobile Bill

thank you very much for sharing this with all of us, as you said every bit helps. Thank you hope to hear from you again in community.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@fibi200329 

Love this....every little bit helps! $2 so it's doubles your autopay bonus on a $40 plan. Nice find!

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@fibi200329 

That is amazing. If I use the KOHO card with it get an additional 2 or 2.5% so 7% total. Can only get that in a good stock market.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@fibi200329 That's very sweet. Thank you so much for the info! Every cent counts!

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@fibi200329  Thank you for sharing. 5% is a decemt number and nothing to look away. Inflation will eat 2.5% of your money each year so any chance to stay ahead of that is good on me. 

cheers

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@brettster99, I don't know if you can piggy-back on one card, KOHO and then add to Ampli (RBC). That would undoubtedly get a bit confusing especially if you luck out and add it to another card to increase the cashback! 

Highlighted

Interesting! The card I use now gets 1% cash back on every purchase... So I could add that to this and in effect be getting 6% 

I do have an RBC card as well but they're only 0.5% cash back... Unless there's some added bonus using an RBC card with this RBC based app? Hmm... 

Does the cash back amount fluctuate like rakuten or stay 5%?

🤔🤔🤔

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@fibi200329 

Will I get 5% back if I pay my PM renewal fee using the available fund in my PM account?

If not, the $40 plan with autopay enabled.  %5 of $38 is $1.90 - Not $2.

Highlighted

Thank you very much for sharing.