cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% Cash back on your Public Mobile Bill

fibi200329
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I’m not a frequent poster on here, but I came across something which I think is worth sharing with the community. 

I have an app called Ampli, which is a cash back app affiliated with RBC and recently saw that Public Mobile is now one of the cash back partner brands and offering 5% cash back on mobile phone plans and add ons. You just need to link the payment card (does not have to be RBC) you use to pay your PM bills to get your 5% cash back. I’ve added a screenshot of the offer from the app with details.

i.e. If you are on the $40 plan, that would be $2 additional back every month! 

Even though it’s not much, I hope some will find this helpful. I know we are all going through some stressful times right now.

E8F2641B-9516-496C-B029-A9E7E824E564.png

62 REPLIES 62

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well, you got largely lucky... I asked about the pm offer after joining and all I got was a generic response back, no $5 bonus no nothing... Haven't made any purchases with that card either but no bonus for simply asking... You got quite the generous welcome gift! 

@darlicious wrote:

I had suggested to @Nezgar to make a payment ($1) thru pm to see if it triggered an offer similar to how the pc optimum program works.

No effect on making a PM offer show up thus far... But I did score with this ampli "scheme" as they gave me $5 after signing up and asking about the public mobile offer, then I finally saw it actually work getting a few dollars after a purchase at Michaels, which just so happened to qualify for a $10 bonus for spending $5. So, since my balance was now over the $15 minimum, I cashed out lol. Etransfer received within 12 hours. 😂

@fdrcamb519 

I had suggested to @Nezgar to make a payment ($1) thru pm to see if it triggered an offer similar to how the pc optimum program works.

@Naepalm  I'll explain lifepoints to you in a pm since it has nothing to do with public mobile.

What is life points?

brettster99

@fdrcamb519 

No, it is a survey place called LifePoints that was pointed out for me by @darlicious and ever since I kept doing them until I redeemed it for $15.00 which is going straight into my bank

fdrcamb519

@brettster99 

@brettster99 wrote:

I also got $15.00 into PayPal today thanks to life points 🙂 More SAVINGS

Is this from using the KOHO card ??

brettster99

I also got $15.00 into PayPal today thanks to life points 🙂 More SAVINGS

@brettster99 Bhahaha but after 100 months that will be $25.oo estra savings 😀

brettster99

@Naepalm 

I also have not received this offer either. But I would love to get it to get additional cashback. I just paid for my renewal on my KOHO card and expect to get 2.5% on $5.00 which would equal a whopping 2.5 cents. Would bump it up to 5 cents. 

@ibuddler ampli is account specific though. Not everyone will get this offer they gear offers to.each customer. I signed up and have not seen this 5% yet. You would get 5% cash in your ampli account though. 

Depending on your plan, the autopay discount will be higher then 5%

Auto pay as a discount in percentage. 

15.00 plan - 13%

25.00 plan - 8%

35.00 plan - 6%

40.00 plan - 5%

50.00 plan - 4%

ibuddler

If I top up $100 from PM website, will I get $5 back from the app or I will only get 5% if I'm using autopay?

fdrcamb519

@fibi200329 
I just wondering are you still using ampli ? I set it up few weeks ago still haven’t seen a discount 

fdrcamb519

@Nezgar 

@Nezgar wrote:

I asked Ampli support about why I am not seeing a Public Mobile offer, here is their response:

"Our offers are actually customized to each of our members. This is why you may see different offers than another Ampli member. The objective is to provide members with offers they could benefit from. However, keep in mind our offers are constantly changing within each of our member's Ampli accounts so definitely keep an eye out in the Ampli app for your offers!"

I set the ampli app with my card, was confused myself when thee OP showed screenshot of PM, thank you for taking the time call, them so its clear. would like to see savings 5% good deal.

Pawprints1986

I don't know that that would work for sure either. I used my now ampli attached card recently for a bit of my PM balance due as I had a cash back amount a little over my credit limit so I used the rest above my limit on PM. I was able to link my card only a couple days after I made that small top up, to the point it was probably still in pending transactions. But I still don't have an offer for PM as a choice on ampli... 

Maybe it will work? But maybe it won't... 

@darliciousGood idea. I've been running a credit for a while, so no transaction history seen on the credit card. Added a $1 topup now though, so we'll see!

@Nezgar 

Sounds like you need to pay for your account/plan with your card and that should trigger the offer. Similar to the pc optimum program....when you buy shampoo and the next week they give you a shampoo offer! Make a small payment on your account and see if it triggers an offer.

I asked Ampli support about why I am not seeing a Public Mobile offer, here is their response:

"Our offers are actually customized to each of our members. This is why you may see different offers than another Ampli member. The objective is to provide members with offers they could benefit from. However, keep in mind our offers are constantly changing within each of our member's Ampli accounts so definitely keep an eye out in the Ampli app for your offers!"

nguifombeoh

That's great. Nothing is too little to safe

fdrcamb519

@Naepalm 

i m wondering if i buy a voucher, if it will provide, the savings,  even though not on ampli,site.

@fdrcamb519  same, I couldnt find PM

fdrcamb519

@fibi200329 

just downloaded app set up with my card, i don't see Public Mobile as one of the partners, can you tell me how i can find it or add it. thank you

fdrcamb519

@fibi200329 with   Ampli, does not have to be RBC, can we use credit cards, any credit, card. 

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I haven't tried yet I normally use vouchers but if Public Mobile is giving 2% to use The koho card as it says in my app and I have two extra 1% referral bonuses and my .5% regular cash back I should get 4.5% back I think. I will report back when I pay ahead of my renewal at the end of the month.

Pawprints1986

@carlaspapa is it that koho card gives you 4.5%? And that's direct using on the PM site for payment?

@looking4deal 

I'm not sure how long shipping takes from canadian cell supplies but when I ordered from pm it only took two days. I'll report back the times for the other. I'm hoping by Friday if they are sent tomorrow.

carlaspapa

Oops I missed the part about The koho card doesn't work in the app. So I'm back down to 4.5%... just have to get more referrals I guess.

carlaspapa

fdrcamb519

@carlaspapa Do mind explaining how we get 6.5% savings

carlaspapa

Cool I have The koho card too I wouldn't mind saving a little more money that'll put me up to 6.5%. I think now it's really adding up. I'm loving all these ways to save even more on my bill.

Pawprints1986

@CalgaryBen can you use the code after recent sign up? I'm guessing not... 

Need Help? Let's chat.