cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5% Cash back on your Public Mobile Bill

fibi200329
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I’m not a frequent poster on here, but I came across something which I think is worth sharing with the community. 

I have an app called Ampli, which is a cash back app affiliated with RBC and recently saw that Public Mobile is now one of the cash back partner brands and offering 5% cash back on mobile phone plans and add ons. You just need to link the payment card (does not have to be RBC) you use to pay your PM bills to get your 5% cash back. I’ve added a screenshot of the offer from the app with details.

i.e. If you are on the $40 plan, that would be $2 additional back every month! 

Even though it’s not much, I hope some will find this helpful. I know we are all going through some stressful times right now.

E8F2641B-9516-496C-B029-A9E7E824E564.png

62 REPLIES 62

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For anybody about to sign-up for Ampli (before April 30), you can try Promo Code GAS10 to get a bonus $10 welcome credit.  If you've already signed up, then it's probably too late, unless you sign-up with a different e-mail address (my assumption -- not confirmed).

Please note that I am just passing along a sign-up promo I received from GasBuddy.  I myself did not try/test this as I had already signed up with Ampli (last year) and then promptly forgot I even had an account, so no idea how well it works, etc.

Regardless, I, too, am not seeing Public Mobile in the list of partners in Ampli's app...

@looking4deal Here's 4 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if required:

1. What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
4. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Currently 1/2 priced Sims are being offered through this link here here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Half-price-sim-cards-20-off-vouchers/m-p/5...

Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

@looking4deal, did you look in the 'Lounge' for other deals too?

Another user, @fdrcamb519 , found a smoking deal that I know several members have bought and tried it. I haven't, but, it does look promising. 

looking4deal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wow another option to save on the phone bill!!  Glad I came on here to do some research looks like this si the place to be for phone deals.  How hard is it to get a SIM card?

Pawprints1986

Was finally able to link a card! But still no public mobile options... Bummer... Since I was already in a conversation with support though I decided to ask about it. We shall see what they say! 

Pawprints1986

I'm in Ontario also... Though that said haven't been able to link any cards?Maybe that's why? When I say I want to link an account it just opens the rbc standard website, there's no options of which bank. So I tried logging into my rbc account from there just to see if maybe I had to link that first since I do have a MasterCard with them? But it literally just acted like a browser, no choices or options to pick available

brettster99

@fibi200329 

I can’t see it either. I thought I saw it last night but checked now and not there.

im also in Ontario 

fibi200329

Sorry to hear that some are not seeing this offer on the app. I checked mine again today and it does not mention in the offer whether it’s targeted or not. If it is geography based, I am based in Ontario. 

Pawprints1986

@fibi200329 any word on if this was a targeted offer towards you? None of us are seeing public in the list of brand partners... ?? Checked again later on last night still nothing on my end

@gblackma This is from their help centre within the app:

"You can check out www.ampli.ca for a few of our featured brands. For a full list of participating brands, along with their offers, please visit the “Earn” section within the app."

The whole thing seems a little too invasive for what you get... RBC gets to snoop my entire transaction history of all bank accounts and credit cards in my non-RBC account... yipes. I see CIBC is pitching something similar for their customers only (so far) called "Paymi" ...

@fibi200329 Is there a link to which stores are available on this app? Thanks.

I installed it last night, and I am also not seeing Public Mobile in the list. Maybe it's geography specific? (I'm in Sask)

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@fibi200329 wrote:

Hi All,

I’m not a frequent poster on here, but I came across something which I think is worth sharing with the community. 

I have an app called Ampli, which is a cash back app affiliated with RBC and recently saw that Public Mobile is now one of the cash back partner brands and offering 5% cash back on mobile phone plans and add ons. You just need to link the payment card (does not have to be RBC) you use to pay your PM bills to get your 5% cash back. I’ve added a screenshot of the offer from the app with details.

i.e. If you are on the $40 plan, that would be $2 additional back every month! 

Even though it’s not much, I hope some will find this helpful. I know we are all going through some stressful times right now.

E8F2641B-9516-496C-B029-A9E7E824E564.png

I downloaded the app, and can not find this offer anywhere? Does Ampli give offers when your a customer for a period of time? 

brettster99

@mpcdesign 

Yeah I tried to link it but it doesn’t have an option for KOHO. Kinda sucks but still good overall 

fibi200329

Yes and no, with Rakuten I sometimes forget to go through the site and have missed out on cash back. However with this app, you only need to link your card once and any purchases made on that card going forward will automatically get you cash back! 🙂

fibi200329

Hi @Pawprints1986 ! 

Yes! This would be on top of the cash back you get with your existing card!

I am also a relatively new user on the app so unfortunately I can't confirm if the cashback amount fluctuates for PM. However in regards to your question about whether an RBC Card earns you a bonus, this does depend on the Brand Partner. For example, at Rexall, you do get a bonus 1% back for all purchased made using an RBC card. All the details about each brand's cash back can be found in the app.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping wrote:

@fibi200329 

Will I get 5% back if I pay my PM renewal fee using the available fund in my PM account?

Maybe your thinking cap is on the fritz. 🙂

What is fritz?

If I enabled autopay on my $40 plan, $2 is added to my account as available fund before paying with my autopay cc.  5% of $38 is $1.9. -  Not $2.

Lot of long time PM subscribers with loyalty, refer-a-friend, autopay and community rewards, those subscribers are not paying $40 after the rewards.  If paying by available fund is not counted toward the cash back, some subscribers may not getting too much cash back.

@popping 

Fritz

I had first written a reply that could have been read wrong as text. So I made a joke.

I interpreted your question that you wondered if you would get the cash back when you have available funds. Of course not. There is no transaction.

I am in agreement with the rest of your post here and your questioning the OP how they got $2 instead of $1.90 due to autopay toggled on.

fibi200329

Hi @popping , you are right - I believe it would be however much is charged to the associated payment card. So if you are on autopay and had other discounts it would be 5% x net amount. I was just using the $40 plan to illustrate a simple example.

However, I do see on the PM website that you can choose a one-time top up of any desired amount to keep in your account for future use so you could consider that as an option.

Hope that helps! 🙂

@fibi200329 thanks will look into this.

zblackma

Thankyou @fibi200329 is this like Rakuten then?  Will look into it.

Pawprints1986

trying to link my card, but upon trying to it forces you onto the rbc site.... not sure it really will work without an rbc account

actually on a closer look im not seeing public listed in the brands at all, even searching within "all brands"

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping wrote:

@fibi200329 

Will I get 5% back if I pay my PM renewal fee using the available fund in my PM account?

What is fritz?

If I enabled autopay on my $40 plan, $2 is added to my account as available fund before paying with my autopay cc.  5% of $38 is $1.9. -  Not $2.

Lot of long time PM subscribers with loyalty, refer-a-friend, autopay and community rewards, those subscribers are not paying $40 after the rewards.  If paying by available fund is not counted toward the cash back, some subscribers may not getting too much cash back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

@fibi200329 

yanzhiqiang

Thank you very much for sharing.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@fibi200329 

If not, the $40 plan with autopay enabled.  %5 of $38 is $1.90 - Not $2.

Pawprints1986

Interesting! The card I use now gets 1% cash back on every purchase... So I could add that to this and in effect be getting 6% 

I do have an RBC card as well but they're only 0.5% cash back... Unless there's some added bonus using an RBC card with this RBC based app? Hmm... 

Does the cash back amount fluctuate like rakuten or stay 5%?

🤔🤔🤔

@brettster99, I don't know if you can piggy-back on one card, KOHO and then add to Ampli (RBC). That would undoubtedly get a bit confusing especially if you luck out and add it to another card to increase the cashback! 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@fibi200329  Thank you for sharing. 5% is a decemt number and nothing to look away. Inflation will eat 2.5% of your money each year so any chance to stay ahead of that is good on me. 

cheers

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@fibi200329 That's very sweet. Thank you so much for the info! Every cent counts!

brettster99

@fibi200329 

That is amazing. If I use the KOHO card with it get an additional 2 or 2.5% so 7% total. Can only get that in a good stock market.

Need Help? Let's chat.