cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G data?

Hchlebek
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why are there no full plans that have 4G data? This is why I wanted to use Create Your Own Plan option, but now they discontinued that!

39 REPLIES 39

Hchlebek

The 3G speeds are terrible. I have dual sims in my phone and can compare LTE from Telus and 3G from PM in an instant. Doing speed tests with both. Downloads with LTE is 50+ whereas PM 3G is 2-3. Uploads with LTE is around 12 whereas 3G is around 2-3.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is actually one LTE plan left. Only thing is it's a 1GB data only plan. For those who want LTE are forced to go to Telus or Koodo. Though the 3G speeds aren't that bad because it's throttled LTE. 

Hchlebek

Unfortunately, they changed everything right when I bought in. So the options I had were not what I expected. Not what I saw just before I bought in. All they needed to do was continue the Create Your Own Plan option,  but they dropped that too. I'm having second thoughts now. I might just eat the cost of the SIM and drop out after my first month is used up.

Hchlebek

Yeah, it's crazy. Why can't it be an option for those who want it!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The full speed LTE plans were dropped as part of the big announcement to enhance the product.  I think the only way we can get it back is to show how much we want it and are not willing to climb the Telus food chain to get it. 

jmuench
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thx, for the insight...they shodul probably update thge website then to avoid the confusion of what's available.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Hchlebek wrote:

Why are there no full plans that have 4G data? This is why I wanted to use Create Your Own Plan option, but now they discontinued that!

@jmuench @jemulock @Hchlebek 

I believe PM has been trying to get out of the full speed LTE plans for a while now. They want to compete directly with Lucky & Chatr who also offer "3G speed plans" - and those who want full LTE can upgrade or go up the "value chain" to big brother Koodo or Telus.

Maybe this refresh has helped take them out of the full speed LTE plans (that include calling for new customers). Only plan with full speed LTE is $30 1GB data only.

jmuench

I'd be intersted too, 4G is mentioned but does not seem to have any plans or options....

jemulock

That's a good question. I didn't realize that 4G wasn't there until you mentioned it. I get along just fine with 3G, but curious as to why 4G disappeared.

Need Help? Let's chat.