cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/month talk, text and 4G of data PROMO ACTIVATION

K8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my SIM card on Monday the 21st for the $40/month talk, text and 4G of data.  I was told any SIM cards ordered before or on the 16th could activate after the Sunday deadline, due to no mail delivery on Saturdays.  But, I noticed I am being charged $186 per 90 Days, instead of the promo cost of $120.00.

Sent a couple DMs for assistance but no replies yet.  Anyone else have this issue?  Thx

16 REPLIES 16

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@K8 yeah referals normally take a couple of days to show up. Don't be surprised if you need to ask mod help later as this seems a known issue.

Just they trying to fix service issues first

K8

Ordered both SIMs at same time before cut off date.  Just activated and all seems good...except it's not showing anything about the referral promo.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@K8 promo is over UNLESS you ordered SIM before cut off date

If so then yes, activate the account with a random phone number to get promo plan

And port sister number at a later date

Data rolls over so you won't even lose anything 

K8

Can I activate the plan now and port my sister's number at a later date?

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@K8 that was if you requested the future plan change before Monday

Public allowed this because otherwise people who paid in advance would lose days of service

I am not sure that option is still available.  If you want that promo you will have to activate that sim and get this promo set up within a few days.  You can't hold the sim for a month or so and get the promo pricing

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

K8

I have another SIM card from the promo to set up for my sister.   There was mention of setting up the plan for use at a later date?

@srlawren  Everyone gets lucky once and a whileSmiley Very Happy

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@K8 no, if you did it on Monday, you should have picked the 90 day, province-wide talk, global texting, and 6GB (approx 2GB/month) plan that was $120+tax, and then requested through a moderator that they change you the 12GB plan.  Instead you picked the 12GB plan anyway and were changed the non-promo price of $186+tax.

So what will likely happen now is, when a moderator gets to your request (please be patient, it may take some time), you will get credited some or possibly all of the $66 difference back to your PM account, where it can be used in 90 days on your next renewal toward the cost of your next cycle.

EDIT: @ShawnC13 beat me by TWELVE seconds!!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

If you ordered after the 20th with  a sim purchased prior you were to choose 6gb/90 days 2gb a month instead of the 12gb/90 days 4 a month.  There was a post made about this by PM staff to choose the 6gb for 90 days to make sure you were only paying $120 and then they would double the data plan for you.  I am sure they will get you set up correctly but for setting up after the 20th you did not input the correct plan to get the $120

K8

I activated on the proper plan - I read the community comments before I did.  I have my order confirmation number for when I ordered the SIM card.  I assume they will credit me, once they clear the backlog of other issues.

I had no problems setting up the account and porting my number.

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Probably should have read first. This has been discussed quite a bit. You were supposed to activate and choose the 6GB option. It would have charged you $120. Then you PM a mod and they can switch you to the promo plan. 

As it stands you'll now need a refund of the extra charges. Might make things more complicated. 

All you can do at this point though is to wait to hear back from a mod to see if they are able to correct that for you. I also ordered my SIM during the promo and activated yesterday. Am still waiting to hear from a mod to have my plan switched. There's quite a backlog so be patient. Sending multiple messages will only slow things down for everyone. 

EDIT: srlawren beat me to it!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@K8 if your SIM was ordered in time your request will be honoured.  But you activated on the wrong plan.  Hopefully the mods can still help you.  

Please see more details here:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Ordering-amp-SIM-Card-Payment-amp-Pi...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Some sims were sent out with a sticker that said good for Promo Nov 30 *conditions apply.  I haven't heard what hte conditions were or how many were sent like that.  A member posted a picture of it on here a few days ago

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
The promo was over on Sunday. If you ordered before the 16th you would have received it before promo end. I don't believe you can get the promo plan. Only thing you can do is message a mod and see if they will honor the deal for you.

tangy07

I'm pretty sure you are not the prioirty right now for that. I think they are trying to help people that are stuck at the porting stage. As long as you have a confirmation # for the sim you ordered you should be good. Just need to give them some time. 

Need Help? Let's chat.