cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/6GB Offer Extended for Limited Time

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just got this message. They are really trying hard...in case you forgot...20180315-153518.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

X-Files

PM me for a referral link ($25 now), if you need one. Thanks ~ Robot winkRobot winkRobot wink

The Extended  Deal should  expire at March 31 this time.

10% off at canadian tire gift card or shoppers, ?

@Rockdaddy22wrote:

@Ludditewrote:

@Civic_E Watch for 10% off sales on Canadian Tire gift cards; can be used on vouchers at CT. 

They’re actually on sale this week at Shoppers Drug Mart, I’ll be stocking up 🤑

I was going to inform you about this when I saw the flyer.  Too many things on my mind and I forgot.  Need more fish oil in my diet, lol.

EltonB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ima stay PM; sorry to disappoint you 😛

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ludditewrote:

@Civic_E Watch for 10% off sales on Canadian Tire gift cards; can be used on vouchers at CT. 

They’re actually on sale this week at Shoppers Drug Mart, I’ll be stocking up 🤑

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Civic_Ewrote:

I usually pay by pre-paid voucher since i don't like using my cc for PM website where you don't get a receipt or confirmation number. I usually get it from my neighbouring shoppers drug mart. For last top-up I couldn't find voucher cards at any shoppers. The associate told me they are out of stock and should have gotten some a week ago but still didn't receive any.

May be it's a sign too...making it difficult for people to top-up so you would naturally switch to Koodo to avoid hassle.

Check Canadiantire gas bars, Shoppers has Canadiantire gift cards on sale for %10 off this week. Easy way to save an extra %10 on you PM bill. 

I dont see how shoppers drug mart could could run out of something that they print out of a machine. You don’t actually need the little card from the shelf, just the printed voucher. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For telus, I don't believe there is a huge difference in operation cost between 4gig vs 6gig, but there is a difference between $40 koodo plan vs $40 PM plan. Most, if not all PM user don't pay the full $40 / month due to different discount.

I'm not so sure that I believe that Koodo just suddenly decided to extend this promotion "due to popular demand".  They may have plan this all along, just to create a sense of urgency to rush people into a decision.  The "sudden" extension could have been planned all along.  I do notice that this text message makes no mention of any new expiry date.

I will say again that the Koodo plan is very good. But, the push to get move people from prepaid to postpaid is getting a little tiresome.  I know that there are ways to get around most extra charges at Koodo, but many people really don't want postpaid and the credit checks involved with this.

Someone paying $40 on prepaid and somene paying $40 on postpaid should be all the same to Telus. It's just that there's a greater opportunity for Koodo upsell people to new phones/tabs/contracts and it's easier for them to get you to spend more than your monthly plan fee.

Civic_E

I usually pay by pre-paid voucher since i don't like using my cc for PM website where you don't get a receipt or confirmation number. I usually get it from my neighbouring shoppers drug mart. For last top-up I couldn't find voucher cards at any shoppers. The associate told me they are out of stock and should have gotten some a week ago but still didn't receive any.

May be it's a sign too...making it difficult for people to top-up so you would naturally switch to Koodo to avoid hassle.

saje_ward

Exactly. I renewed mid-February so I am not jumping yet. I don't need 6g of data and I am not interested in paying more every month for what I have today. I'm riding this pony to the bitter end.

@echfwrote:

@markuswarren

Telus CEO wants to push people from pre-paid to post-paid. Post-paid often can lock people more firmly into Telus-ecosystem, since you can get a tab, get a phone and other value added service etc.

Not sure what change will happen to Public Mobile.

Honestly, I don't mind to switch. I just don't like the fact I lost what I pre-paid already if I make the switch now. 

echf

@markuswarren

Telus CEO wants to push people from pre-paid to post-paid. Post-paid often can lock people more firmly into Telus-ecosystem, since you can get a tab, get a phone and other value added service etc.

Not sure what change will happen to Public Mobile.

Honestly, I don't mind to switch. I just don't like the fact I lost what I pre-paid already if I make the switch now. 

markuswarren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was about to post the exact same thing! 

Indeed they are trying very, very, very hard to get people to switch to Koodo.

It would be great if they would have the common decency to explain to us why they are pushing so hard. Sure we can speculate, but even if they said it is because they want for example, to drop LTE and go 3G for data, unpleasant as that may be for us, at least they would have been open and honest about what they are doing.

Alvito
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yep. At this point, I'm not switching. Ever. They can continue to send me text messages, I'll just pop on the community forum to share some yuks with everyone.

If Public Mobile wants to be honest and upfront with me and tell me why they are trying to transfer people over, I'll consider a switch. But right now, this is shady and I'm on high alert!

Need Help? Let's chat.