cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

RyanRF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got the text as well but my money was just withdrawn a few days ago. 

Does this mean I'm out my $120 if I make the switch to Kodoo? 

I can't exactly wait three months either since it's a time sensitive offer.

Any mods can help out with this?

Toronto416

Very disappointed with PM! I thought they promised they won't jack up the rates when this promo was offered... why is PM promoting us to move to Koodo? Very sad PM!

kjmckenz

@koimr1wrote:

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

I guess I'm lucky I just renewed last week with my first year loyalty reward and won't have to deal with it till May...

Actually the Koodo offer is only good until March 15.

So, if my PM plan doesn't renew until after March 15, I'm supposed to port my number out EARLY in order to "benefit" from the Koodo deal?  Not sure that makes it any better...

Halfdome

Just got the same message 😞      Moved my wife over here to PM just a week ago and now this!!  Very disappointed in PM lately

motu

My plan just renewed.... does that mean I am going to have to eat 80 bucks worth of prepayments if I move over?

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Luddite

They should at least put a notice on the self serve page instead of relying on text messages...

sonician
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just confirming I got the same notice. 

This is an INSANE price increase. 25% at once?

Who says I wanted to be forced to move to Koodo, but now you're not giving me any choice.

Disgusting move by Public Mobile.

EDIT: Also, forcing a move to Koodo after all the referrals and good will I gave you guys? (Yes, I realize the referrals were in my best interest as well).

EDIT 2: This is a 50% increase for someone like me who had a number of referrals. I was paying only $90 every three months, and now will be $40+tax every month.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

I guess I'm lucky I just renewed last week with my first year loyalty reward and won't have to deal with it till May...

Actually the Koodo offer is only good until March 15.

@ckl Watch for a text message. Deadline to move is Mar 15.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

ute1978

@NDesaiwrote:

Hey community, 

This is very sad news. I just want to confirm that this is a legit offer and the price on the fall promo will increase by $30. Do some calculation on how much are you saving with rewards and see if it's worth it to move to koodo or not.

Oh my! I am really devastated. I just got the offer as well. In April I would have celebrated 2 years with Public Mobile. I guess if something is too good to be true.....

I feel something is not right. Do we have to expect bad news about the future of Public Mobile within the next few months?

@koimr1 Sorry about that link; just noticed it's not on the main board.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I didn't get any text and I think I'm on the same promo. 12GB/90 days for $120.

koimr1

@Ludditewrote:

Never mind. PM wants all the 2016 fall promo customers to move to Koodo. Robot Sad

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Martin-s-Corner/Koodo-offer-and-price-increase-for-th...

Ah, "Access Denied" for me on that link.

I believe you though.

Never mind. PM wants all the 2016 fall promo customers to move to Koodo. Robot Sad

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Martin-s-Corner/Koodo-offer-and-price-increase-for-th...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@alohaya Please let us all know your current plan details. This would the first in my 3 years with PM increasing the price of a grandfathered plan.

Hey community, 

This is very sad news. I just want to confirm that this is a legit offer and the price on the fall promo will increase by $30. Do some calculation on how much are you saving with rewards and see if it's worth it to move to koodo or not.

ute1978

@wenbei999wrote:

@ute1978wrote:

@alohayawrote:

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days.

Uh!

Is that the $120/90 days promo?

Not OP but that's yes the plan I'm on. It's was the 6GB + 6GB promo 

Oh, I still have hope. It is not the promo I am on. And I haven't received a text yet... Fingers crossed.

wenbei999

@ute1978wrote:

@alohayawrote:

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days.

Uh!

Not OP but that's yes the plan I'm on. It's was the 6GB + 6GB promo 

koimr1

What? I suppose this is our 120/12/90 promo plan.

I'm putting my phone into Airplane Mode so I don't get this text. I win!

Just kidding. Boo.

ute1978

@alohayawrote:

Uh!

wenbei999

Same, will check it out later tonight. If it's legit I don't mind switching since it's basically the same plan.

It sure is annoying though 😕 

pakmode

Yes, I literally just got the same text message as well.

I thought our price plans were safe for awhile, but a 25% increase is ridiculous!

CCTS Complaints here we come!

For all who are interested - I just submitted a complaint to the CCTS online. 

It is VERY easy and only takes 7 minutes max.

http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

Basically I wrote Telus is engaging in unethical behaviour and reducing competition in the marketplace by increasing prices 25% in an attempt to migrate prepaid users to postpaid platforms.

If enough people submit complains it's going to be a gongshow on Telus' end trying to deal with all of these and there will be serious repercussions.

Telus was granted the ability to purchase Public Mobile by the CRTC, but it is now engaging in predatory behaviour and eliminating competition which it said it would upkeep.

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

If you don't think you are all making an impact by filing a complaint against Public Mobile with the CCTS - well you are dead wrong.  Every single complaint counts. 

In 2016 the CCTS took a TOTAL of 9097 complaints. 

Only 104 of these complaints were against Public Mobile, 631 complaints were against Telus and only 263 against Koodo. 

My estimation is that the CCTS has received approximately 2500 complaints against Public Mobile in the last 24 hours alone.  Each and every complaint is going to have a damaging impact on the reputation of Telus. They can no longer call themselves a top-rated company in customer service. They will need a team of people too triage and address each of these complaints to the satisfaction of the CCTS and to us, the customer. 

Each complaint requires a written response and investigation from Telus/PM.

This is a terrible, terrible day for Telus. 

Do not stop. Keep the pressure up.  Tell local and social media channels about this. Tell others to file complaints. Every single complaint is damaging Telus right now.

Think about the statistics - 9000 total complaints against ALL companies in 2016. 

PM only had 100.  If this number increases to 4000 it is going to severely impact Telus.

The end result will be some form of free compensation or service for all who file complaints.  Telus may even have to pay a fine and explain why they are killing the very competition they said they would uphold in their purchase agreement of PM. 

The 2016 annual report is available here:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/report/annual-report-2016-2017/

More drilled down analysis is available here based on service provider

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Appendix-A-Complaints-by-Service-Provider.pdf

Need Help? Let's chat.