cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Price Increase - Formal Complaint

Dear Public Mobile,

Please accept my formal attempt to resolve a complaint with regard to the $10/month price increase, as announced on February 15, 2018. 

Increasing this price for this plan is against the original marketing by Public Mobile employees during the promotional campaign on the community forums:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. "

(Source: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...).

I look forward to resolving this issue.  Please contact me directly by phone or emial to resolve this issue.  If I do not hear back within 24 hours, I will pursue the resolution of this complaint via the CCTS.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Re: Phone Plans that are Avaliable by OTHERS

I agree, let's make it clear we will not be bullied into switching platforms. If they don't back pedal we should leave. 

Re: $40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

This is a message for a Public Mobile moderator or representative. In order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS. I am advising you that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards on one cellphone in my household that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo.

Per your own promotional material and answers to customers:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises". Link to website to this quote: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... td-p/77350

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further. If you do not respond within a 24 hr time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and I will proceed to file a complaint to the CCTS. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Phone Plans that are Avaliable by OTHERS

Good idea to share the other options! Also I know there is a way to sigh all of us (severed by a price increase) to some corporate plans. With the amount of people coming to certain provider we can get very good price. The more people coming the better discount. 

This is a message for a Public Mobile moderator or representative. In order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS. I am advising you that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo.

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises". Link to website to this quote: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... td-p/77350

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further. If you do not respond within a 24 hr time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and I will proceed to file a complaint to the CCTS.

Tags (1)
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Formal Price Increase Complaint - Contact Me

Public Mobile, please contact me regarding this directly. I am writing here as  I do not have any other way to contact you. If I do not receive a response in a reasonable amount of time I will be filing a CCTS complaint.

I am upset about the $30 price increase on my 3 month plan.

When I signed up, the text of the advertisement said that as long as I remained an active customer I maintained an active plan I understand prices going up but this is false advertising.

The text you sent "Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point." is misleading / deceptive because all of your customers will have 1 year loyalty ($39), and most will have auto pay ($37) and with referrals one of my accounts is at $25. 

So no matter what it’s a price increase, and to imply otherwise is deceptive. Also 12 GB over the course of 3 months, is not as flexible as 4GB over 1 month.

This compaint is in regard to multiple accounts. I am not able to post details here due to the public nature of your support

Tags (2)

This is a message for a Public Mobile moderator or representative. In order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS. I am advising you that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards on one cellphones in my household that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo.

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises". https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: $10 rate change timing

@v3nicewrote:

@Charanth182wrote:

@v3nice Thanks! for some reason i can't even see that offer on the page.

Wow those are some T&C, i literally bought a new phone last week i dont' want another.

Read this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/WARNING-40-Koodo-Offer-is-actually-55-mon...

It seems like people had success in Kiosk for getting without tab, and ended up with $200 credit. If you decided to jump ship, please make sure to read the  T&C on their so called **unlimited**.

If you read the fine print, it's unlimitedly available at all times. 

I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm sure that the mods are completely overwhelmed. I ticked email me when there is a reply to this thread. My phone is literally blowing up. I'm getting an email  or two  every second. 

It will take time for the investigation. The CRTC is likely overwhelmed too. Don't listen to the shills. They promised us that we could keep this plan at this price as long as we were customers in good standing. They can't point to the user agreement now and say that they have the right to increase the price. They should have have said that this offer could expire at any time down the road if they didn't intend to honour the price as long as we were customers. The users are in the right here and we should win eventually. It will take time. Public Mobile wants you to worry that you're going to lose out on their offer. Don't take it unless you feel that it is a good deal for you. 

Re: Koodo offer

Unfortunately there are additional terms and conditions that are not mentioned in the text message.  If you go to Koodo's website and enter the promo code to look at the plan, under "nitty gritty" it also says the following:

3. Unlimited local calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday. For Canada-wide plan, unlimited Canada-wide calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday.

As a result, the following is probably going to apply:

Additional airtime charges happen when you use more minutes than you have in your plan. Each additional minute costs $0.50. To save on future bills, you may need to change your plan or get an add-on.