cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

pulp74
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good idea to share the other options! Also I know there is a way to sigh all of us (severed by a price increase) to some corporate plans. With the amount of people coming to certain provider we can get very good price. The more people coming the better discount. 

iverge
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is a message for a Public Mobile moderator or representative. In order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS. I am advising you that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards on one cellphone in my household that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo.

Per your own promotional material and answers to customers:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises". Link to website to this quote: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... td-p/77350

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further. If you do not respond within a 24 hr time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and I will proceed to file a complaint to the CCTS. 

RyanJuergen

I agree, let's make it clear we will not be bullied into switching platforms. If they don't back pedal we should leave. 

Sna_ke

Dear Public Mobile,

Please accept my formal attempt to resolve a complaint with regard to the $10/month price increase, as announced on February 15, 2018. 

Increasing this price for this plan is against the original marketing by Public Mobile employees during the promotional campaign on the community forums:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. "

(Source: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...).

I look forward to resolving this issue.  Please contact me directly by phone or emial to resolve this issue.  If I do not hear back within 24 hours, I will pursue the resolution of this complaint via the CCTS.

Thank you.

slads

Itll be interesting to see how CCTS respond as this illustrates everything that is wrong with the wireless market and how the big 3 do business. Telus takes out PM as a competitor, creates the illusion of competition with a low rate offering to stiffle Freedom's growth, then as soon as the pressure is off, jacks up rates because they have traditionally got away with it. Telus love their one way contracts - I remember signing up for home TV/Internet a while back with a multiservice discount which they then changed unilaterally. I am also curious to see to see if Freedom seizes on this as a competitive opportunity to pick up unhappy PM customers or if they will happily settle for a higher baseline floor pricing to help their profitability.

chakscar

This is a message for a Public Mobile moderator or representative. In order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS. I am advising you that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards on three cellphones in my household that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo.

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises". Link to website to this quote: https://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... td-p/77350

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further. If you do not respond within a 24 hr time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and I will proceed to file a complaint to the CCTS for each household member.

Alert33

This is a message for a Public Mobile moderator or representative. In order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS. I am advising you that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards on four cellphones in my household that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo.

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further. If you do not respond within a 24 hr time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and I will proceed to file a complaint to the CCTS for each household member.

Charanth182

@will13am

while you aren't wrong about there could be a response from others I don't think starting now to pool our knowledge could hurt.

jeffyjai

Since Public Mobile cannot be reached directly, I am writing on here to comply with my CCTS complaint. This is to inform Public Mobile that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards. This was part of the Fall 2016 Promo.

Per your own promotional material:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises". I have saved a screenshot from your website showing this text.

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further. 

Thank you

pub2

This is a message for a Public Mobile moderator or representative. In order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS. I am advising you that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards on four cellphones in my household that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo.

brandonmt1

Dear Public mobile,

Because you can not be contacted directly, I am writing to you using forum.

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

v3nice

@Charanth182wrote:

@v3nice Thanks! for some reason i can't even see that offer on the page.

Wow those are some T&C, i literally bought a new phone last week i dont' want another.

It does say "unlimited Canada wide anytime" so i think the evening stuff is because any of thier plans give free evenings.

It could be. It will be best to go in person and sort it out as online doesn't provide explanation or anything.

Totally agree too.

However, I am suspicious that Telus will be able to make the price increase stick at some point even if it's not Mar 18. No company is obliged to maintain it's prices forever.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

v3nice

@Charanth182wrote:

Wow those are some T&C, i literally bought a new phone last week i dont' want another.

Read this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/WARNING-40-Koodo-Offer-is-actually-55-mon...

It seems like people had success in Kiosk for getting without tab, and ended up with $200 credit. If you decided to jump ship, please make sure to read the  T&C on their so called **unlimited**.

femonkey

Hello Public Mobile,

I am writing to inform you that I want like to keep my  current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo.

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further. If you do not respond within a 24 hr time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic.

guinness22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The 4 GB deal is ok if u not use phone for talking during the day. If u talk and like data pay the 50 . Koodo prepaid is ok too if you only text and use 1 GB data a month   .   But post paid is risky u get bills for calls and roaming if you not smart . 

Charanth182

It does say "unlimited Canada wide anytime" so i think the evening stuff is because any of thier plans give free evenings.

@Charanth182, it is too early to start a list.  You need to give time for the competition to digest the situation and then come up with a response.  No need to rush into decisions when there is 30 days of time to react.

sbreakin

@ShawnC13wrote:

@sbreakin, great post and we (Oracles) have been asking for this in our area as well.  We have no additional information but all of us have been requesting to try and help out members make informed decisions

Thank you @ShawnC13.  I have appreciated the Oracles efforts to try to answer questions, attempt to consolidate the many posts & threads. I forgot to thank you in my original post above. 

Admittedly there is likely high-level discussion going on but you would think that hopefully at some point they'd be some news, update posted even if it is "No changes but we are in discussions" 

Seems like thousands only got this from a text (assuming you didn't turn off texts) which does seem rather impersonal from Public Mobile. 

The suggestion is a polite way of suggestion some senior management update or at least clarity on the current Koodo offer and possibly what's happening (although might be a bit too early for announcements of changes to the plan or an announcement that we're sticking with raising the price - a lot.)

yauhaus

This is a message for a Public Mobile moderator or representative. In order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS. I am advising you that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards on one cellphone in my household that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo.

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further. If you do not respond within a 24 hr time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and I will proceed to file a complaint to the CCTS. 

merchbenz

Dear Public Mobile,

This is a formal attempt to resolve a complaint with regard to the $10/30 days price increase, as was sent to me via a text from "5133" on February 15, 2018. 

Increasing this price for this plan is against the original comments on forums made by Public Mobile employees stating that "If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. " (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

Please contact me directly to resolve this issue. 

Thanks,

Mercedes

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, thank you! I was just about to add another off-topic post to the Legacy price increase thread asking for this - very odd that such a major detrimental change affecting so many is just going unanswered. I've had some luck with private messages but if everyone did that....

Charanth182

Hello Everybody,

I think instead of just complaining we should pool our resources to find out exactly what options are avaliable to us all. So I am starting this thread and intend to keep updating it.

What other plans are out there that are "compariable" to the promo they are getting rid of?

It has been pointed out that things may change as competators get wind of the situation. If you see a deal let us know.

Options:

Public Mobile (Only Truely Prepaid I Know of)

$50/ Month minus community, loyalty (ROFL), and autopay bonuses. No Additional Fees.

Includes:

Unlimited Text

Unlimited Calling

4GB Data

Voicemail

Call ID

Avaliable:

Everywhere PM is

Koodoo (PM Offer)

$40 to $55/month (Plus possibly more fees)

Includes:

Unlimited Text

Unlimited Calling

4GB Data

Voicemail

Caller ID

Avaliable:

Everywhere PM is

Special Notes:

$100 Credit and only avaliable until March 15, 2018

MUST GET A TAB & $17 SIM CARD

Bell

$100.44/month

Includes:

Local Calling

4GB Data

Mobile TV (can't seem to not get it)

Avaliable:

Alberta (and possily others)

Special Notes:

$5 shipping (for the SIM) and $25 connection fees, 

Virgin Mobile Contract (with your own phone no term)

$45/month (Other fees? 911 etc?)

Includes:

Unlimited Canada Wide Minutes

Unlimited Worldwide Text Messages (from Canada)

2GB Data ($65/month of 4GB Plan)

Voicmail 3

Call Display

Avaliable:

Alberta (possibly elsewhere)

Notes:

$25 connection fee, offer only until Feb 20th. 

Virgin Mobile Prepay

$70/Month

Includes:

Unlimited Canada Wide Calling

Unlimited Worldwide Texts from Canada

2 GB Data (1GB for $60/month)Voicemail

Call ID

Call Display

Alberta (possibly more)

Fido

$45/Month

Unlimited Minutes

Unlimited International Texts

2GB Data

Call Display

Voicemail

Alberta (possibly more)

Notes:

Service Issues Reported, $25 activation fee (waved if purchased online)

Freedom

$40/month (extra fees unknown)

Includes:

Unlimited Calling in Canada at "Home"

Unlimited Texts

2GB Data

Voicemail

Call ID

Freedom Wifi

Limited

Notes:

Remember Roaming? Its back.

My guess is nobody wants to be the official bearer of this bad news. 

Tallguy11

email sent!! please everyone do this!! we must make this known or other providers will follow!!

Haplo

Hello Public Mobile,

I am writing to inform you that I want like to keep my  current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo.

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further. If you do not respond within a 24 hr time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic.

@guinness22wrote:

The koodo booth advise the 4 GB deal is unlimited calls 5 to 8 am only . They say if u get the 40 dollars 2 GB deal direct with them u get Anytime Calls Canada wide. That's the catch u pay for calls there are free now with Public. 

So to get the same calling features we have now except Canada wide we need to cut our data in half.  If we want the same data it is unlimited evenings and weekends

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

The exact words from the text message I received was "Until March 15, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text, and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit".  The UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE was all caps to emphasize this feature.  I would be little more than livid if there were conditions and it was not spelled out in the text. 

@sbreakin, great post and we (Oracles) have been asking for this in our area as well.  We have no additional information but all of us have been requesting to try and help out members make informed decisions

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

slavitch

This is a message for a Public Mobile moderator or representative. In order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS. I am advising you that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards on one cellphones in my household that I have had since the Fall 2016 Promo.

Need Help? Let's chat.