cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: $40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

Hello to the Public Mobile moderator team.

This 25% price increase is unlawful due to the misleading advertising on the rate that I signed up for: If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises.

No Surprises? Shame on you.

If I switch to Koodo as you recomend before March 20th, I lose more than half of the service period that I pre-paid for on Feb 12th. Your offer of $100 barely covers that loss plus the cost of a Koodo SIM. Furthermore this $40 Koodo plan does not include the $5 in rewards I have accumulated for each month, and so it is a price increase.

I would like to keep my $120 per 90 day plan with all My Rewards factored in, for as long as I pay for it, as was written in the original details of my plan.

Please respond soon, thanks.

Owen

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MVPwrote:

@MK78wrote:

@MVPwrote:

So....

1) On one hand, we have terms or service that clearly state that PM reserves the right to change price anytime with 30 days notice.

2) On the other hand, there is plan advertising, stating the the price will always stay the same.

They are clearly in contradiction, diametrically opposed,

but which one wins over in the legal sense?

I think that's the biggest problem people have, is that they were explicitly promised that the plan would not go up.

Had they not done it, then this would be just like any other price increase by any other service provider, and people would just deal with it, either stay or move. It happens all the time.

But the wording, especially the "No surprises" bit, is where I think they shot themselves in the foot.

I hope they either are forced to keep these plans unchanged, or at the very least "sweeten the deal" for switching to Koodo, because at this stage the value of the deal is much less than what most people get at PM, even if you just factor the auto pay discount it's $38 vs $40.

OK, seems there might be a hope.

BTW has the price increase been properly announced on the PM web site, other that innfhe text messages we all received?

If not, can one just ignore it? 🙂

I love how it is burried under the new "Terms and Conditions" section. Like who would go out of their way to find this information here? Usually they make an announcement on the forums. I'm sorry folks but I am pretty sure we are just left here to dry. Take your business elsewhere...

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 9.46.42 AM.png

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see this as the only way to punish this behaviour is to not take them up on their Koodo offier and move to another provider.  The thing is they are all like this, so it is very hard to change, and as many people have said, if Koodo can offer a plan like this for $40, where they pay for rent in malls, have staff and a call centre... makes no sense that PM can not continue to keep this plan as is as well.  Move to Koodo now and rates will raise again, unfortunately no competition here in Canada to really make a differnce.

Tags (1)
Highlighted

Re: $40/4GB migration to Koodo

Same here. 

@financialguywrote:

This is a message for a Public Mobile moderator or representative. In order to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS. I am advising you that I would like to keep my current plan with 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards on two cellphone  lines that I have with you for over a year.

Per your own promotional material and answers to customers:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises". Link to website to this quote: http://productioncommunity.publicmobil ... td-p/77350

Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

If you do not respond within a reasonable time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and proceed with a complaint to the CCTS and then the CRTC.

Highlighted

Good to know the comments are still flowing... We're using an internet based service for all intents and purposes... let's be united in our discontent on the internet, through here, twitter and try and make life miserable for Darren Entwhistle (TELUS CEO), that useless sack of monkey sh*t.

Highlighted

Same here

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Same here.  

1. Honor the agreement.

2. For those that switch, refund outstanding balance.

3. Never do this again.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Price Increase Against Promise

The zero response through any channel is the best part of all this.

Highlighted

Whatever you choose to do, absolutely refuse the Koodo offer as a matter of principle.

The Dane-Geld
Rudyard Kipling

It is always a temptation to an armed and agile nation To call upon a neighbour and to say: -- "We invaded you last night--we are quite prepared to fight, Unless you pay us cash to go away." And that is called asking for Dane-geld, And the people who ask it explain That you've only to pay 'em the Dane-geld And then you'll get rid of the Dane! It is always a temptation for a rich and lazy nation, To puff and look important and to say: -- "Though we know we should defeat you, we have not the time to meet you. We will therefore pay you cash to go away." And that is called paying the Dane-geld; But we've proved it again and again, That if once you have paid him the Dane-geld You never get rid of the Dane. It is wrong to put temptation in the path of any nation, For fear they should succumb and go astray; So when you are requested to pay up or be molested, You will find it better policy to say: -- "We never pay any-one Dane-geld, No matter how trifling the cost; For the end of that game is oppression and shame, And the nation that pays it is lost!"

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Notice is Posted Now

@kav2001cwrote:

If you check your online profile you will see this now posted to your accounts

Good to know: Next bill cycle.