cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

ihaveimpulses
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

public evidence.PNG

ihaveimpulses

the credit sits on your account after first sign up and you have to physically walk into a koodo kiosk.

The credit comes after you're already charged so you'll get a credit check, pay like $70 and all is said and done and eventually you'll have $100 which would automatically go towards month 2, 3, 4 is my guess. 

You also lose all your public credits, balance, and discounts. This is asinine. 

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Some people didn't get it. They got a lower less gb deal.

ihaveimpulses

you should have your own? The text also says the code is tied to your number

guinoma

They won’t give it to you just because you ask, unfortunately. 

You ou need to take 2 minutes to fill a complaints, as described here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-price-increase-12gb-120-90day-plan-increase-150-unless-...

this is is our best (and only) bet!

ihaveimpulses

public evidence.PNG

So I guess this was a lie with evidence I'm glad I kept. 

It's a bill credit, so you can use it to pay the monthly bill.  I read that the credit is being dribbled at 4 x$25.  

I would be deeply interested in the response.  I asked and was told they won't transfer anything for me which is totally disappointing.  Why make special rules for legacy customers?  

No thank you.  I know enough friends that are with Koodo.  We all know about self referrals after first setup.  

JBull

This is a message for a moderator, to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS.

I would like to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards. Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

Thank you.

Hmm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since there is a referral code with Koodo, can we have a sticky for those who need a referral code as a result of this unethical behavior by PM in increasing the rate plan for the $40/4GB?

Hmm

Obviously, it will make everyone feel better to the CRTC; however, Telus/PM did is not illegal. It's shady and unethical but not illegal. There's a huge difference. As a result, the CRTC won't do anything,

Don't be surprised if PM disappears sooner than later. Wait until Robelus decide to increase the price of their recent Xmas $60/10 GB promo!

Ohnoburgers

I was thinking the same thing. Sadly, everything is slow until its get to media.   It kinda funny, ctv is belongs to bell and so telus, PM. lol.

sirvar

I have a balance on my account and I just renewed 3 days ago by prepaying for 3 months. If I transfer to Koodo, I lose $180+ but they are only compensating me with $100 bill credit. I want to know if my balance on my account will also be transfered @CS_Agent? I came across this post: https://www.redflagdeals.com/latest-news/18/02/15/public-mobile-increases-the-price-of-their-legacy-...

It states here: "If you have an account balance, you'll get up to $300 of the account balance transferred to your Koodo account. But the transfer could take up to three billing cycles, so it may be a full four months before you see the money. It's worth noting that an account balance is separate from what you pay for your monthly service, and as we said above, if you just paid a three-month bill, you will be walking away from several months of pre-paid coverage by switching to Koodo."

I would like some confirmation regarding this statement by the mods as many of us would like to know

MoFromTo2016

Hi guys, so I need to understand this first.

So I’m on the Nov 2016 plan which offers 4GB for $40. And yes, I did receive the text. If I do not switch in March, does my plan take any affect? My plan doesn’t renew or expire till the end of April. 

But also, how is the process going to be like from moving to Koodo? I know the sim will cost $15. I will have to pay for the plan in advance... BUT WHAT ABOUT THE $100 CREDIT? How will that work? Can I use that credit to pay off my monthly bill for like the next two months after I sign up? 

If not then I’ll wait till April and move to Fido. Please let me know!

Sprayadhesive77

I'm in the same boat, my $120 plan is going up and I'd like to stay on the plan and continue to pay what I was promised. Please respond PM admin...

implode

This increase of $10/month breaches what was offered.  The $120 for 12GB for 90 days was promised to be the same as long as you keep your account in order and remain an active customer.  Filing a complaint with CCTS.

staticcory
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmowrote:

@staticcory I'm in the same boat as you are and i am not happy.  But where was all the uproar when legasy plans increaded. If it was fine for pm to increase those prices why should we be any diffetent.

Don't forget there is always fine print and it  clearly states:

Can the terms of service change?
Yes, Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become
effective thirty days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/ plans. By purchasing service after a change is posted,
including by continuing to top up your account, you accept the current terms of service. You can cancel service at any
time, without penalty or cancellation fees.

https://publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Public_Mobile_Terms_of_Service.pdf

I was not around for the legacy plans, so I'm not aware of how they were promoted, and worded. The reason why there's such an uproar now, is completely due to the sheer amount of people that signed up for this plan when it was created. There were so many people signing up, that PM's infrastructure completely failed, causing numerous problems and delays. Personally, I was without service for around a month. The amount of people on legacy plans vs. the amount of people that signed up for this plan, are not even close to eachother.

The difference here is that they explicitly stated that these plans would never change, and we could keep them as long as we remained a customer. This was in writing, it was used as part of the agreement in which we signed. Why does the fine print supersede the other print? It doesn't.

That specific fine print works with plans that don't specifically mention that you can keep something forever. If Fido says "sign up for our $50/5gb plan! it's great!" and they only say that, it's alright. In the fine print, it'll say "subject to change" and all that, which makes sense, there's no contradiction going on in this case. Fido isn't telling you that you are going to be able to keep it forever, which gives them the right to change it. With this case, it's a complete contradiction, where both agreements are in writing.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

All I have to say is:

Let's everybody send a complaint to the CCTS .. I just submitted mine for:

- bait and switch

- illegal price increase for only a selected group of customers

- breaking a written agreement namely not to increase the promo price for as long as account is in good standing

if we all do that i would be surprised if Telus/Public is able to get away with this....if all fails, I will write an email to Ross McLaughlin on your side @ CTV News...he help me already once with the Samsung Note 7 issue ( yes, he came to my place  and interviewed me and I helped him getting a story together ... and Samsung had to give in ....)

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

All I have to say is:

Let's everybody send a complaint to the CCTS .. I just submitted mine for:

- bait and switch

- illegal price increase for only a selected group of customers

- breaking a written agreement namely not to increase the promo price for as long as account is in good standing

if we all do that i would be surprised if Telus/Public is able to get away with this....if all fails, I will write an email to Ross McLaughlin on your side @ CTV News...he help me already once with the Samsung Note 7 issue ( yes, he came to my place  and interviewed me and I helped him getting a story together ... and Samsung had to give in ....)

@muniak Sadly, it's true. You can read more in this topic. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@staticcory I'm in the same boat as you are and i am not happy.  But where was all the uproar when legasy plans increaded. If it was fine for pm to increase those prices why should we be any diffetent.

Don't forget there is always fine print and it  clearly states:

Can the terms of service change?
Yes, Public Mobile has the right to change any of the terms of service, including rates, without notice. Changes become
effective thirty days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/ plans. By purchasing service after a change is posted,
including by continuing to top up your account, you accept the current terms of service. You can cancel service at any
time, without penalty or cancellation fees.

https://publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Public_Mobile_Terms_of_Service.pdf

muniak

Hello,

I was given a text message today that said my plan would increase by $10/month. The problem is that when I signed up for my plan I was told that I could keep my plan "as long as you are an active customer", which has not changed.

I would like confirmation that this is actually happening?

If the above is true, I would also like to know if it's possible to stay on my current payment plan of $120/90days

Thanks for your time!

staticcory

@mimmowrote:

I know everyone is pissed, but the terms of service do clearly state pm can increase the price.

I brleive the no surprises refers to the bill with regards to extra monthly charges ie prepaid vs postpaid.

I could have swallowed a $3 or $5 increase.  I think pm simply wants to get rid of LTE plans and become a 3g placer same as chatr and lucky. Why be different when everyone else is the same

That's a fun way of reading it. Ignore the rest of the sentence, and only read the last two words.

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."

You wish its false message. Smiley Happy

Its confirmed.    Now you can back to sleep!  Smiley Happy

mtfolks

Keep us posted! 🤘

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Private message sent will see what solutions they have.

staticcory

This was definitely not a "glitch". Koodo has been set up to accept the migrations, and the promo codes that were sent in the texts, are working for the koodo switch. Sadly.

Hen555

Hello this is my first post and I have created an account just to post this. I believe this is all a  mistake. A glitch went out and sent us all the text this is why we recieved it from a new unfamiliar number .

Public Mobile has not confirmed this price increase. Let the company speak and confirm that this was a glitch in the sms system. 

I mean we all saw the false advertising when signing up that there would be no surprises or price changes. Public mobile is a good company and that's why we are with them with their fantastic 4GB per month plan with LOYALTY fkn discounts and referels.

As loyal customers to the company we believe in we have referred public mobile to our friends and family and got more discount . I loved the roll over add-ons too and the prepaid aspect of it .

It is either that tthis is a glitch or Telus is closing down Public Mobile ...in other words maybe public mobile was a failed experiment with no customer service running at low upkeep costs. 

Either way thanks public mobile for your great service I enjoyed your data and you introduced me to LTE. Now I friken wish I signed up for those even better 10GB holiday time deals that the BIG3 put out .

Interesting that Fido twitter responded that way Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.