cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Trooper93wrote:

Yes you could be right, but it also means that up until I am an active member, doesn't matter if its for a year, 2 years or even more.

I think thats your interpretation though. The comma in that sentence clearly indicates that you can keep the promo after its over as long as you remain being an active member. It also clarifies this somewhere else that once you become inactive the offer is voided/cancelled etc. You are adding an opinion that it means no time limit. It does not specifically say anywhere no time limit and the TOS also adds Public Mobile has the right to change ANY terms of service, including rates without notice. Changes become effective 30 days after being posted. 

amallya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@lukevaderwrote:

@ShawnC13 yes, you are correct, its your picture and I gave you credit for it in a different post. It's a great point you make and I have been trying to get this point across to everyone who thinks they are being shafted.

My points as I see them:

1.If you have signed up for the promotional plan you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer.

Answer: You DID get to keep it after the promotional period. For a full year to be exact. The last part that says "as long as you are an active customer" isn't a promise for life, it's a condition for keeping the promotional plan after the promo period was over. Which they honored for a year!

2. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan will remain at $120, even after your INITIAL 90 days. No surprises.

Answer: This statement is only a further clarification of what was said earlier. Your plan won't go up after the INITIAL 90 days.............. and it didn't.

telusmeme3.png

@lukevader, totally agree but their ToS States that any pricing change comes into effect 30 days after being posted on the publicmobile.ca/plans page if this plan doesn't exist how can this happen.  SO with the ToS I agreed to and so did everyone else we have 30 days from when this price change is posted on the plan page

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

allens

This is a message for a moderator, to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS.

I would like to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards. Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

Trooper93
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@lukevader

The way it has been worded, it means I am entitled to have $120 plan as long as I am an active member, which could be forever.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I will tell you what is going to happen:

From March 20, PM will get rid of the "Bonus" GB on the plan page. Meaning, new prices for the 90 days plans:

$150/12GB

$135/6GB

$120/3GB

Who wants to bet?

amallya

@RobertQcwrote:

The plan I am on with public mobile gives me exactly what I want otherwise I wouldn't be on it, I see no reason to switch / change to any other plan or company.

Corporate shillbot detected.

lukevader

@ShawnC13 yes, you are correct, its your picture and I gave you credit for it in a different post. It's a great point you make and I have been trying to get this point across to everyone who thinks they are being shafted.

My points as I see them:

1.If you have signed up for the promotional plan you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer.

Answer: You DID get to keep it after the promotional period. For a full year to be exact. The last part that says "as long as you are an active customer" isn't a promise for life, it's a condition for keeping the promotional plan after the promo period was over. Which they honored for a year!

2. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan will remain at $120, even after your INITIAL 90 days. No surprises.

Answer: This statement is only a further clarification of what was said earlier. Your plan won't go up after the INITIAL 90 days.............. and it didn't.

amallya

TELUSmeme2.png

amallya

@lukevaderwrote:

@Trooper93 wrong! Its not false advertisement.

Lets examine these statements made that everyone is quoting right now saying that pm broke.

This idiot doesn't even get paid.

He does it for free.

Some people are so pathetic.

Trooper93

@lukevader

Yes you could be right, but it also means that up until I am an active member, doesn't matter if its for a year, 2 years or even more.

@lukevader, that is my picture you used above and the bolded out part that is what I am wondering how this affects us now.  This plan is not available anymore so not listed in the plans.  This statement is very clear 

"Changes become effective 30 days after being posted at publicmobile.ca/plans." 

So even with the ToS we agreed to I do not see how the price can be raised it even goes against their ToS

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

antchan

To Public Mobile,

When I signed up for this plan in 2016 I was told the price would never increase accroding to the promotional materials

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. [emphasis added]" For example, see https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

The text regarding the $30 price increase I received today is completely unacceptable and.  You will need to retract the price increase and honor the agreement that you have made to me when I signed up for the this plan.

I am requsting to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards. Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

Like many others if you do not retract the price increase within a reasonable time frame I will file an formal complaint to CCTS.

ute1978

@will13amwrote:

Okay, what the heck I will join in the fun.

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Nope, not me....yet....

lukevader

@Trooper93 wrong! Its not false advertisement.

Lets examine these statements made that everyone is quoting right now saying that pm broke.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Okay, what the heck I will join in the fun. 

This is a message for a moderator, to comply with the requirements for submitting a complaint to CCTS.

I would like to keep my original plan of 12GB / 90 days at $120 minus My Rewards. Please contact me directly to discuss the matter further.

If you do not respond within a reasonable time frame I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and proceed with a complaint to the CCTS and then the CRTC.

Trooper93

Yes but the complaint here is about false advirtisement.

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises".

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time...

anotherwave

Public Mobile stated in the plan that i purchased

• If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. "

Thank you.

Neil

Wolfcore

Oh, and it's only getting started. Wait until tomorrow morning. As long as this thread isn't removed like a lot of messages have been, it'll double.

4greg

Thank you.

ute1978

@kav2001cwrote:

Wow one of the longest running topics ever

I'm afraid when I go to bed and come back tomorrow the number of pages has skyrocketed from 72 to 140....

lukevader

@ERICJIANG haha, you talk about complying with CCTS requirements but yet you ignore the ones you agreed to here.

Public Mobile has the right to change ANY terms of service, including rates without notice. Changes become effective 30 days after being posted.

TOS.PNG

I just switched from Koodo to public mobile because I want to be here and like the public mobile. I like the idea of this.

Please do not make me switch back.

Wow one of the longest running topics ever

Hugs29

Thank you.

The plan I am on with public mobile gives me exactly what I want otherwise I wouldn't be on it, I see no reason to switch / change to any other plan or company.

anmol117

Thank you.

I am pretty happy with public mobile and see no reason to switch over.

Switching over to Koodo is possibly good, possibly bad, depending on people's needs. But I will state for the record HOW this was pushed was very underhanded by waiting until after renewal date.

1- There still is no call centre with Koodo. If you ever do call it, you get an automated message that you should use the online self serve. If you persist you will speak to a real person but Koodo will BILL you for the call!

2- Postpaid + credit checks. Nuff said. People used Public for prepay. Nobody wants to go back on contracts.

3- "Canada Wide Long Distance" gets touted alot. Most of us have never needed to call long distance in past 1 to 2 years, so what advantage is this now? (Most have simply purchased an addon for minutes when required)

4- We basically are screwed on rewards (if we leave we lose em, if we stay we still lose em since everyone else leaves)

5- Offering a $100 bill credit after we just paid $120 + taxes is absurd. Seriously. At least give a small bonus or something.

6- Koodo charges $15 for the SIM card. (some stores waive but most will not)

7- Public clients who preloaded funds will lose them (last year I had a rather large balance so I know it happens)

8- Public clients will lose all unused minutes / megabytes left in their add-ons

Need Help? Let's chat.