cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: $40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

@Ludditewrote:

@motuwrote:

My plan just renewed.... does that mean I am going to have to eat 80 bucks worth of prepayments if I move over?

Yes. But there will be a $100 credit to your Koodo account as compensation.

Which is unfair, those who hasn't renewed would get the same $100 I assume.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ok, now I'm not happy about this...that is such a big jump in price...

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thats brutal. Let's move all our customers over, and make tjem pay for a sim too. Pathetic

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Targeted $10/month increase in $120/90 day plans? Need some clarity on criteria.

I just got it looks like I’m going to Koodo next month. The expiry for my switch is very close to the end on my 3 months 

Mayor / Maire

@ute1978 it is a big screw job since they send you the TXT for rewards, then TXT for renew, THEN TXT for INCREASE

They knew most people would not renew at higher price points

@ute1978wrote:

I surely hope there is an official announcement. My question would be: Will all plans on Public Mobile increase on March 20?

What if I just switch to a new plan for 3GB + 3GB (which is half data but still enough for me) for $120? Will that work?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got the text as well and am on the $120/12GB promo deal as well. Makes it a difficult decision as I was paying around $27/30 days with loyalty and referral credits. This makes the Koodo deal largely revenue a neutral change, but I'm concerned about a further increase. My wife also has a pioneer plan which just got raised a second time. That line will probably be changed to a $25 province talk and text plan, but I will probably need to port her out to Koodo, and perhaps myself as well. Problem is she frequently tops out her data allowance and a postpaid account will result in her racking up large additional charges.

I also have a grandfathered $90/1GB plan that has not received the text (yet).

Highlighted

I don't know about you, but I would definitely call this a surprise.Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 14.41.30.png

Tags (1)

The proper response is to leave the Telus family altogether! 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ludditewrote:

@ute1978wrote:

I surely hope there is an official announcement. My question would be: Will all plans on Public Mobile increase on March 20?

What if I just switch to a new plan for 3GB + 3GB (which is half data but still enough for me) for $120? Will that work?

I'm a little shell shocked just now though

Same here... I can't think straight. Need to sleep on it.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Targeted $10/month increase in $120/90 day plans? Need some clarity on criteria.

I would like to see an official announcement in the forums detailing the criteria for those included in this increase.

You can increase pricing, but you can't selectively increase it for different accounts.