cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40/4GB Plan - getting $10/month price INCREASE!

alohaya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text message from Public Mobile. They are raising my plan price by $10/month, trying to get me to switch to Koodo. Anyone else got this text? 

Public Mobile here. Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days, making your plan $150 for 90 days. But don't worry! Our sister brand, Koodo, has a way for you to keep your $40 price point. Until March 15th, 2018, join Koodo and get 4GB of data, unlimited text and now additionally get UNLIMITED CANADA-WIDE minutes for $40/month PLUS get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxxx. Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or London Drugs or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO404GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

1,433 REPLIES 1,433

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just got it looks like I’m going to Koodo next month. The expiry for my switch is very close to the end on my 3 months 

coltonbauman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thats brutal. Let's move all our customers over, and make tjem pay for a sim too. Pathetic

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ok, now I'm not happy about this...that is such a big jump in price...

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ludditewrote:

@motuwrote:

My plan just renewed.... does that mean I am going to have to eat 80 bucks worth of prepayments if I move over?

Yes. But there will be a $100 credit to your Koodo account as compensation.

Which is unfair, those who hasn't renewed would get the same $100 I assume.

Alvito

With such a large increase, it seems they want Public Mobile customers to leave. And they are trying to get PM customers to migrate to their sister company so revenue stays within the same parent company.

I will leave Public Mobile as they have requested, but I will not sign up with Koodo or Telus.

I'll shop elsewhere.

Thanks for being just like all the other **bleep**ty telecom companies....

uymai

We're pissed because they are potentially targetting those who have lots of referral credits and not doing it for everyone across the board.

notable, i've only got like 2 referals, and got the same text

Who said that???

Public has had MANY price increases over the years (and a mass exodus when switched from Public to Telus and CDMA plans were all cancelled)

@smp99wrote:

This kinda sucks. I just got it as well. I am down to about $25-$27/month with referals/loyalty credits. Last month I got over $40 to go against my $120 bill.

I suspect my referals will jump at this. So my cost will likely go up no matter which option I take. 

So much for PM never increasing plans so long as you don't change your plan.

poutinecity
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

And they want $15 for a new SIM!

agnesaurus

not even. I don't have any referral credits but still got the text

sonician

I'm losing out on $36 in loyalty discounts every 90 days if I move to Koodo.

lindseyc

Koodo is also charging $15 for a sim card. 

Pretty much

You lose $80 + tax from Public but get $100 credit at Koodo

@motuwrote:

My plan just renewed.... does that mean I am going to have to eat 80 bucks worth of prepayments if I move over?

zoomzoom87

@kevin_camerawrote:

@peosteve

We're pissed because they are potentially targetting those who have lots of referral credits and not doing it for everyone across the board.

Knew this couldn't last or be sustainable. 

kevin_camera

@peosteve

mikasik

I got it too, and have bad credit. Pretty sure I can't get on Koodo for that reason. Thanks PM

lexcyn

This is HORRIBLE. I just got the text. 😞

JT16

Literally jumped from Wind for the PM promo, now they pull this nonsense. I'l make sure to take all the lines that set up with me. Not to mention i'll be bad mouthing PM for the rest of my life to everyone. Go to hell PM and take your "sister" company with you. I'll go phoneless before you ever see a cent from me again.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So you lose 

- referal credits
- 90 day data managment
- CallFwd - (I think) Fongo call fwd trick - could be moot if no more ProvWide

You get
- better roaming options, well at least more countries
- Cda wide
- access to TAB - hopefully

@ute1978wrote:

I surely hope there is an official announcement. My question would be: Will all plans on Public Mobile increase on March 20?

What if I just switch to a new plan for 3GB + 3GB (which is half data but still enough for me) for $120? Will that work?

Yes, that should be fine. I'm a little shell shocked just now though, wondering if all the promos since fall 2016 are also destined for the same treatment.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Yup

Now $150/90 days

@ute1978wrote:

Uh!

Is that the $120/90 days promo?

davidfan123

i dont suppose there is a way to be refunded the balance leftover in our accounts is there? I pre-paid a bit extra last time...

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

No SMS here yet either probably because my 90-day renewal was just done Jan 24th...honestly can't say I'm really that surprised with the lack of communication from PM management.

Everyone whom is considering taking Koodo offer or porting another carrier should login account and disable Autopay NOW.

***UPDATE*** Just received Koodo offer SMS

Attempting to speak with Koodo loyalty about getting a better credit since already paid until Apr 24.

Purplelily

I just got renewed a few days ago and if I switch before Mar 15, I will lose 80 bucks!

We need more detialed explanation not just a text message!!!!

Yuri

Hugely disappointing!! Just got the same text. With auto-pay and loyalty discounts, I was paying about $36/mo for the 12 GB promo plan. A $10/mo price increase is shocking. So much for a "loyalty reward." 😞

Now I have to waste time with all the hassle and considerations around switching to another provider.

kevin_camera

I got a text message saying that my plan rate will be increasing by $10/30 days.

Can you provide some clarity on the criteria for this increase?  I believe not everyone is getting this increase so I need some transparency on public mobile's side for this.  I need to know I'm not being specifically targetted because I have a lot of referral credits or long term customer credits (both of which means that I've referred a lot of customers and payed for a long time)

azthemansays

What i want to know is why the Koodo offer expiry is fixed?

I'll be losing more than a month's worth of payments if I switch.

I'm sure there are those that paid for their 90 days even more recently and will be losing even more money... Why can't the expiry line up with our renewal date?

And so much for the LD add on that I bought but never used... Grrr

v3nice

I got the same text msg too. My plan doesn't end until April 29th, so what now?

Yup I was just about to post this as well

+$10 per month is pretty insane & I think Public will lose alot of business over this

Even with rewards I need to think about whether it is worth to keep or not

@cklwrote:

@Luddite

They should at least put a notice on the self serve page instead of relying on text messages...

Expect it will show up before the weekend.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ryanmobile

I have to many referrals to have to leave. 

Need Help? Let's chat.