cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ig
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: 3g, 4g or LTE?

I just signed up for a new 3-g plan with 12+6 Gig of data for 3 month
My APN settings are correct and I'm not connecting.
Phone & text are working
I used this same phone for their 4G service for 3 months unfortunately the data was disappearing way too fast like over two gigs in one and a half hour while not even using the phone.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I have done this step and I want to reset back to its default settings. Can you pls tell me how? After doing the steps, my 4g have became unstable or lets say my mobile data connection has became unstable after doing your provided steps.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@destiny2204Can you elaborate the exact steps you took? and What kind of phone are you using? Without knowing which steps, It might be easiest just backup your data and reset your phone to factory conditions and try again.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am using $15/month plan, which is 3G speed. I don't know why the sign on the up-right on my phone shows 4G. Does that mean the actual speed is 4G?

Mayor / Maire

@TIANRUI wrote:

I am using $15/month plan, which is 3G speed. I don't know why the sign on the up-right on my phone shows 4G. Does that mean the actual speed is 4G?

@TIANRUI  It means that it is connected to the LTE network but you are throttled down to 3G speed which is 3Mbps.

Mayor / Maire

@TIANRUI  they actualy throtle down the lte to 3g speed

3G or 4G?

If the it shows 4G on the up-right of the phone signal sign. Does that mean the actual speed is 4g?

Mayor / Maire

Re: 3G or 4G?

@TIANRUI wrote:

If the it shows 4G on the up-right of the phone signal sign. Does that mean the actual speed is 4g?

@TIANRUI  Your question was answered in the other thread. Why post twice?

I referred many friends, but many of them see the speed is 3G, so they refued to use it though it's price is great. but the actual speed looks like 4G according to the signal sign. and it is very fast actually.

Mayor / Maire

@TIANRUI wrote:

I referred many friends, but many of them see the speed is 3G, so they refued to use it though it's price is great. but the actual speed looks like 4G according to the signal sign. and it is very fast actually.

@TIANRUI  This PM article explains the difference. Hope it helps.