cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day plan

Grahamk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just signed up for a 30 day “data only plan” for my Ipad. I only want it for 1 month.

My account says:

• AutoPay
  • You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Aug 15, 2019
  • AutoPay Amount: This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any Available funds will be applied first. 
  • Available Funds: $2.00
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $45.00
  • Amount Owing: $43.00

Does this mean I will automatically be charged again or will it only be for 1 month?

I want it to end on Aug.15. 

Does (One time payment) mean just that. 1month? The “autopay” thing confuses me. 

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

@Grahamk wrote:

Hadn’t heard of this. Do you have a link to it?

That lawsuite is only for US based customers. If your Pixel needs the motherboard replaced in Canada you just need to take it to uBreakiFix and they will replace it free of charge.

@RossN wrote:

@Grahamk its 90 daYS from the time it becomes inactive yes you could use it with that phone as long as it is unlocked or you get it unlocked

Pixel phones are always unlocked

Grahamk

Hadn’t heard of this. Do you have a link to it?

@GrahamkYou should be able to go on the $15 or $25 when you get your Pixel phone.  However do note plan prices and their contents change from time to time.

Do note since there is a class action lawsuit settlement for the Pixel phone, the settlement can only be claimed by the original purchaser. If your son is the original purchaser, it will be likely more advantageous to claim the settlement and get your a new phone from the proceeds. The phones are known to fail (hence the lawsuit).

@Grahamk its 90 daYS from the time it becomes inactive yes you could use it with that phone as long as it is unlocked or you get it unlocked

Grahamk

I guess I must have activated the Autopay myself. So my SIM card is still available to use for up to 90 days after my 1 month subscription ends? Or is it 90 days from purchase?

I have a Google Pixel phone my son gave me. I don’t currently have a cell phone and plan. Could I reactivate with a $15 or $25 plan on the Pixel phone with the same SIM card?

@Grahamk wrote:

My account still says:

Pay your amount due by 11:59pm on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start. 

Does everything look alright now?  Do I need to change anything else?

Thanks

Since you're only going to be using the service for 30 days, having auyopay enabled yields no advantages. Did a retail employee do that for you or did you activate that setting yourself by mistake?  If by chance, you do decide to use Public Mobile again in the future, you can reactivate service by paying for the plan, but that can be only done if the account has gone into suspended status within the prevuous 90 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grahamk wrote:

My account still says:

Pay your amount due by 11:59pm on this day in order for your plan cycle to re-start. 

Thanks

Looks good. It won't renew.

Grahamk

My account still says:

Thanks

ighsaw

Yes you will be charged again unless you remove "autopay".  Go to "My Account", click on the "Payment" tab, click on "Manage Autopay", in the center of the screen click "Remove AutoPay".

Grahamk

Thanks everyone. Removed “autopay” and my “creditcard” info. Should be good to go now. 

Melissa-H77

If your account stats that you are current registered for dynamic Autopay, it will automatically charge you at your renewal date. If you only want it for 1 month you will need to update your account to turn off autopay. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

ginto selfserve loginto selfserve and make sure that autopay is disabled and also remove your creditcard both of these are found in the payments area of selfserve.

@Grahamk wrote:

I just signed up for a 30 day “data only plan” for my Ipad. I only want it for 1 month.

My account says:

• AutoPay
  • You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay
  • AutoPay Amount: This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any Available funds will be applied first. 

Does this mean I will automatically be charged again or will it only be for 1 month?

I want it to end on Aug.15. 

Does (One time payment) mean just that. 1month? The “autopay” thing confuses me. 

Thanks

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Grahamk hi since you have a cc on file you have autopay enabled that is why you have a 2 dollar credit unless you remove cc you will be charged again

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can remove your credit card to stop autopay from charging your account on Aug. 15th.

To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.