cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 plan. picture messaging not working.

iamsuperdad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi, i had just purchased and activated a sim from PM and i have chosen the $25 talk and text plan. it says it comes with picture messaging but i cant send photos or recieve photos being sent to me. from a number within my city. my device is motorola moto x play. what seems to be the problem why i cant send or recieve photos?

17 REPLIES 17

kimchurch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I 1st off couldn't find where to put all the public mobile info on my phone, then I think I entered some of it wrong when I finally found it, gave up last night & with fresh eyes this morning, went back & re-entered all the info, & wola, got a msg from my daughter that she received the picture I was testing with LOL - not real savy with this kind of thing!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kimchurch wrote:

thank you for your help I think I finally figured it all out & seems to be working ok now - thanks again

Glad to hear it.

So what did you figure out that got it working?

kimchurch

thank you for your help I think I finally figured it all out & seems to be working ok now - thanks again

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try following the steps here:

https://support.bell.ca/mobility/smartphones_and_mobile_internet/lg-g4.how_to_reset_the_apn_settings...

In addition, you need to enable data to send picture message (MMS).

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kimchurch wrote:

thank you, but I cannot figure out how to do that on my lg g4

@kimchurch is it just MMS that's not working?  i.e. can you browse websites over mobile data?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kimchurch

thank you, but I cannot figure out how to do that on my lg g4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kimchurch wrote:

how do I do that on a LG G4?  same thing is happening to me just activated today

Hi @kimchurch  - You have posted to a very old topic.  In the future, you should always start a new topic for a new question.  This ensures that your issue gets the most exposure and best/quickest response.  If you need to update the APN settings, check out https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone.

If that is not what you need, please provide additional information.

kimchurch

how do I do that on a LG G4?  same thing is happening to me just activated today

Hey, I love my old phone!  Unlocked, rooted, modded.  Seemingly indestructible, it's even jumped out of my chest pocket, skittered around the concrete, got run over by the SkyTrain, and hardly suffered a scratch.  They just don't build 'em like they used to.

And slider keyboard - for me a major selling point because my work environment is saturated with enough EM that capacitive touchscreens get all wonky and frustratingly impossible to use.  Although it turns out that touchscreen technologies in the last couple years have improved enough to make this a non-issue.  I recently determined that the battery is too elderly to work all day, it's finally that time I've been waiting for, time to move on.  Once Staples figures out where they put their inventory, lol.

OMG, gingerbread!  Time to upgrade my friend.  The behavior I am referring to is not really a bleeding edge android feature.  It's a standard network connection thing.  When you make APN changes, that modifies the network connection.  The network responds by dropping the old connection and making a new connection with the revised settings.  It's like doing an airplane mode toggle, no reboot is required.  

@will13am

You would be correct, sir.

Except that I'm still using a circa-2012 LG Eclypse C800G with Gingerbread Android 2.3.6, lol.

It lacks a lot of the "smart" stuff on newer smartphones.  It's old school with style!

(I'm still waiting for Staples to decide whether or not they actually have the phone I just ordered in stock.)

@Korthwrote:

@will13am

I didn't know that.  It's sometimes hard to keep up with all this fancy new-fangled infernal technology, lol.

Give it a try.  If you edit the APN settings or select a different APN, the network connection will cycle.  

@will13am

I didn't know that.  It's sometimes hard to keep up with all this fancy new-fangled infernal technology, lol.

@Korthwrote:

More precise link -

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settings/1146_15_public_mobile_apn_settings_for_motorola_moto_x_play.p...

You'll also need to shutdown/restart the device before settings take effect.

@Korth, while it doesn't hurt to reboot it is not required.  The update will disconnect and reconnect to the network.

More precise link -

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settings/1146_15_public_mobile_apn_settings_for_motorola_moto_x_play.p...

You'll also need to shutdown/restart the device before settings take effect.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@iamsuperdad To send and receive MMS messages, you must turn on your Data. If you are sure that your data is turned on, make sure your APN settings are exactly as shown on this site: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@iamsuperdadwrote:

hi, i had just purchased and activated a sim from PM and i have chosen the $25 talk and text plan. it says it comes with picture messaging but i cant send photos or recieve photos being sent to me. from a number within my city. my device is motorola moto x play. what seems to be the problem why i cant send or recieve photos?

Make sure you have your apn settings for data set. Even if you don't have a data plan, picture messages are sent using data. Perhaps you should keep "mobile data" enabled on your phone as well. There's no way you can be charged for anything since this is a pre-paid service.

Need Help? Let's chat.