cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 Friend Referral Credit

publicdj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is today the last day to activate a sim card in order to avail of the $25 Friend Referral Credit for you and your friend? I thought I saw that it is until August 9. Can someone confirm this please. Thank you

18 REPLIES 18

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What was the start date?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi C_quan,

If you want to benefit the $25 credit and SIM card for $0, you need to do the activation of a talk, text and data plan at London Drugs or Walmart. Also you need to be a new customer. You'll be able then to receive automatically the credit in your Public Mobile account within 72 hours of activation. 

Best regards

C_quan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you activat at wall mart will you get the same credit or is this only if you activat online?

nahidul

Greetings.

i did not get $25 as those lines were activated at the store. It only qualifies if you do it online yourself.

jace829
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there, 

Was wondering if you eventually did get the credit. I referred several people since Tuesday and have yet to see any credit for them.

Momarmar

Hello,

Regarding to this text 

Public Mobile here. We believe in getting by with a little help from our friends. So, until August 8th, you and your friend each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online. Conditions apply. Visit to learn more. You're included on the list of Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe.

I and my friend who refered me should have received $25 credit but nothing so far since Aug 5th.

@nahidul

Was the activation online activation or in store activation.  Online activation (at home) should have gotten both parties $25 credit.  Usually within 72 hours.  If more than 72 hours, you need to contact moderators.  It will take at least 24 hours to respond.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

nahidul

Hello.

I had 4 referred and all signed up, but I never got any credit, neither did anyone of them. Who can I contact?

@sabaisani wrote:

Hi, 

I refered my friend last week to public mobile deal at Walmart in Scarborough. I do not see the that on my account, can someone please look help me.

What deal are you talking about?  The $25 promo was an online at home activation not at a retail location

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

sabaisani

Hi, 

I refered my friend last week to public mobile deal at Walmart in Scarborough. I do not see the that on my account, can someone please look help me.

publicdj

Thanks again guys. I have activated my son's sim card and, of course, I'm the referral so we will both get the $25 credit on the new activation. Hope to see the credits tomorrow when I check my account again 🙂

Gel-Doua
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice, was not sure about that, I'm not crazy, not the only one to have seen august the 9!

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@publicdj Yes today is the last day, you better hurry and activate online.  Was a very simple activation, took me about 10 minutes maximum, and that's with me being picky and making sure everything was done 100%.  For me it only took about 12 hours for the $25 to show on my account, and that official text message came in about 24 hours later.  Just make sure you input the correct number if a referral is applicable.  

Effort

@publicdj wrote:

Thank you. Will the credit be automatic as long as you signed up before midnight tonight because I don't see anything on the window for activating a sim card, just says there put in the number of your friend.

Yes the credit is automatic. It usually takes 24 hours and can take up to 72 hours. If nothing gets credited after 72 hours, private message a moderator for assistance.

You will also get a text at exactly 1PM EST telling you $25 has been credited. It however credits it way before the text even comes through.

publicdj

I'm on the Eestern Time so I assume it will be the same and yes, I noticed the thread was gone

publicdj

Thank you. Will the credit be automatic as long as you signed up before midnight tonight because I don't see anything on the window for activating a sim card, just says there put in the number of your friend.

Effort

It is however I don't recall which timezone it said and the annoucement thread had been deleted. Just to be sure, try to activate in the next hour and half.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@publicdj

Yes.  Today is the last day to activate online to get $25 referral credit for both parties.

Need Help? Let's chat.