cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Promo Customer - To Jump Or Not?

smilingeyes70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been a fan and supporter of PM for over a year and a half. I am happy with the service, the value, the customer service and the community approach. I like the Autopay, Community Rewards, Loyalty Rewards vibe. If I believed, as was promised when I signed up, that I could keep my 90 day plan for as long as I wanted it, I would not consider leaving. 

I'm using an iPhone 5; it's fine but I am upgrading. I will be purchasing an iPhone 8 Plus in the next 2 months. 

If I was confidant that my plan was not going to be cancelled, I would buy this expensive phone outright because I would be confidant that over the 4-5 years that I would be using it, sticking with PM would pay off. 

Having said that, Freedom, as everyone knows is offering this phone for $0 down and $25 a month over a 2 year contract (minimum $50 plan). I'm paying roughly $37 a month with PM and this payment will only drop over time as loyalty rewards increase. 

I'm positive that my situtation is not terribly unique and that many others are deciding using similar thought patterns. I value a low cost monthly plan that meets my needs (PM). I can afford to buy the new phone outright. 

I'd love any thoughts anyone might have.

Thanks in advance.

Alon

37 REPLIES 37

pulp74
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As yourself happy Public Mobile customer here. Don't move to another provider. With your rewards going down every year it's only will become sweeter and sweeter. The only reason to jump ship later if Public Mobile will be forcing us to move. Good luck to you and enjoy good service and excellent price! 

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To Everyone who is switching to Koodo,

With PM and Fall promo(with no surprise) you have the ability to complain to CCTS if they increase the plan. Now with Koodo if they give you a notice and increase the price to $60 you can't do anything.

MeLittle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the same boat. Was considering buying a phone outright and sticking with Public. But not sure now. The only thing that gives me pause is whether or not the Koodoo plan is grandfathered i.e. cannot increase rates

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@smilingeyes70 $40/6GB with Koodo PROMO

adam_19w

I beleive he is refering to the koodo offer.

smilingeyes70

Sorry @Wonder_why what's a steal? Which plan are you referring to?

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@smilingeyes70 I would say is a steal $40/6GB Data Canadawide calling and Global texting,Stock Free Data can't go wrong, back 10 years I used to pay Robbers $40 for 400 air time only,no text or Data

Need Help? Let's chat.