cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 FM cell numbers on 1 Account #

Belci10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, little worried here. I wanted to sign up my kids on the new FM promo. Just ran down to FM and got 2 new cell numbers on the $25 plan. Now, I am going to port over the numbers to PM to get the promo. But, just saw that both numbers are on the same account number.

So, am I screwed now?? What happens when I go port over the first phone , it should work fine. But then what about the second number, using same account number? Any issues anyone could think of that could happen by trying to port over the second number while using the same account number?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

It doesn't matter that both your Freedom Mobile phone numbers are on the same account.  It changes nothing.

The Freedom account number is just used as a verification check for Freedom to assume that the porting out from them is authorized. 

You will have to to port out each Freedom phone number into seperate Public Mobile accounts.

Yes; the account holder name and remember to check I am Authorized to manage this account. This info is not synced with the PM account name.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Belci10

Thank you!

On PM accounts, you can put their name but on the porting fields, you will need to put your name. 

Belci10

Awseome, thanks for quick reply.

One more question, I know I use the account number, but you said name also? Do you mean the name of the FM account? I have both their numbers under my name. So, I am putting in my name also at the time along with the FM account when I port? even if I am creating their PM account under their own names?

Thanks!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Just port-in each number to two DIFFERENT PM accounts/SIMs. Every account is individual.

Finish one before you start the second and provide the 1st number as the referral to get $1/30 days reward. Do not close the Freedom account; once the second port-in completes that will happen automatically.

Here's a workaround to manage from 1 master email address: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Workaround-How-to-create-multiple-accounts.... You can also due this with Apple iCloud accounts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Don't worry. When you port in the 1st number, your FM account will remain active on 2nd number. When you port in the 2nd number, then your FM account will canceled automatically. And yes, you use the same account number/name to port in the 2nd number.  

FYI, PM only allows one number per account, so you will need to activate separate accounts for 2 lines. 

Need Help? Let's chat.