cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan with 250MB bonus data

ormey9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys,

Just a question about the $15, 100 mins unlimited text plan with 250MB bonus data - do I get 250MB every month or is it only for 1 month?

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

@wmccrack wrote:

What happens if I hit 250MB? Do I start paying by the MB for additional data or am I simply cut off?

@wmccrack 

You are cut off.

No overages but also no unlimited throttled data at Public Mobile.

You can

a) buy a one-time data add-on to tide you to your next renewal (remaining add-on data stays in your account until you use it next, until fully consumed),

b) if this is a one off, you could contact the moderators (= Public Mobile customer service) and renew your plan early. Add the plan cost to your account before doing so.

c) change to a plan that suits your usage better.

NOTE: If you do an immideate plan change or an early renewal you forfeit any remaining features on your current plan and don't get any pro-rated refunds.

Make sure that your phone only uses the data necessary. Turn off automatic OS and app updates over data, turn WiFi assist off and restrict background data wherever possible.

wmccrack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What happens if I hit 250MB? Do I start paying by the MB for additional data or am I simply cut off?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@benmclean wrote:

Public mobile plans are for 30 days.

You add funds to your account, and your plan renews for another 30 days.

You can also autopay, you get $2 off per month with autopay and don't have to think about topping up your account every 30 days.

Pluss you get $2 discount - Isn't PM great?

@jonfirlotte wrote:

The data is replenished every month as long as you use autopay and you will also get a 2$ credit

This was answered about 12 hours before your message.  Please try to check the contents of a thread to avoid repetition.

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The data is replenished every month as long as you use autopay and you will also get a 2$ credit

benmclean

Public mobile plans are for 30 days.

You add funds to your account, and your plan renews for another 30 days.

You can also autopay, you get $2 off per month with autopay and don't have to think about topping up your account every 30 days.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ormey9 wrote:

Hey dabr, really appreciate the quick response. Thanks a lot! 🙂

You're very welcome:)

Welcome to PM:)

ormey9

Hey dabr, really appreciate the quick response. Thanks a lot! 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ormey9 wrote:

Hey guys,

Just a question about the $15, 100 mins unlimited text plan with 250MB bonus data - do I get 250MB every month or is it only for 1 month?

Thanks in advance!

You get it every month so long as you've registered for autopay with a credit card, plus $2 off every month too.

Need Help? Let's chat.