cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 Plan

Vivek1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear Members,

I have $15 plan monthly plan for my public mobile. 

The plan detail mentions - "Unlimited  International Text and Picture Messaging". But no information is provided about Local text messaging, that is messaging within Canada. Is local messaging as well unlimited/free? 

Thank you.

Best,

Vivek

19 REPLIES 19

Login to your Self-Serve and check usage... any Data you will get (and any Data you have used) will be shown there. 

laceydawn81
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

with auto pay u get the 250mb

heliloren
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When you set up Auto Pay, you get the data instantly. No referrals needed. 

zax123

So even if you have done no referrals and a month hasn't gone by, you still get it right away?

It is automatically added to your account once you setup autopay.

Glenn1

Just set up the autopay and data will be activated

zax123

Hi all,

I have a follow-up question to this.  The $15 plan mentions 250MB of data with AutoPay.  How does one actually get that data?  Do you have to wait for a couple months to go by?

Thanks!

Rob

Vivek1

Makes sense. Thank you.

John12

Great!

JenniferGoheen

Greetings,

I just wanted to emphasize again, a great thing about Public Mobile:

Public Mobile automatically stops a limited-usage service once you have used it all up.  Once you have used up all the call-minutes, data, or texting in your plan for a billing cycle,  you won’t be able to use that service anymore until your plan renews or you purchase an add-on.

This is a great thing, as you will never “go over” and get overcharged.   Robot Happy

@Vivek1

You do need to configure your APN Settings for Public Mobile and have Data (or WiFi) Enabled to send and receive MMS attachments. They do use Data connection but they don't use any billable/measured Data (meaning they don't consume any Data Add-ons you might purchase, no Data is provided in your $15 Plan).

Without active data connection you'll only see "click to download" placeholders. The Telus network will store attachments which haven't yet been received (acknowledged with a receipt), but I don't know how many msgs can be stored or how long they can be stored before they're "lost" (deleted by the system). 

Vivek1

Thank you so much for your response!!!

danielfu

Hi Vivek,

As long as you are sending message within Canada, the plan you are having is allowed you to send unlimited Text and Picture message to anywhere.

Daniel

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If a service is not included in you plan, it will just don’t work.
Public Mobile is prepaid, you will never get other fees if you don’t buy add-on.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, all messaging is free with this plan. Just make sure they originate in Canada.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Vivek1  Unlimited International texting means that you can send  and receive texts to and from anywhere in the world (including Canada) as long as you are in Canada.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Vivek1  yes all text  are free as long as you're in Canada 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Vivek11 yes it most definitely is!!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Yes everything is included and unlimited from anywhere though happen to be in Canada with access to Telus network to anywhere in Canada

Need Help? Let's chat.